Srixon Z 945 Review

What are your thoughts on the feel of those shafts so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feels very similar to aerotech 125 to me. Stable, good dampening effect but not feeling whipped at all. I'm getting a good mid flight. Hard to tell spin or distance, I'm hitting into a slight breeze with range rocks

The 5 and 6 irons have some additional toe weighting
01ff862adfd5a140fdc188d593061ae1.jpg

I'm hitting a bit more out to the toe in these and combined with the tow weighting seeing a bit more pronounced draw in the 5 and 6 irons than the rest of the set. 7 to pw were good piercing straight to slight draws for me

Doesn't toe weighting keep the toe open? (ie, to make a driver fade biased you move the weight towards the toe in order to keep the toe slightly lagging behind the heel)

I'll just put this out there...but the exchange rate is really good right now...just saying.

Really surprised at the aerotech comparison. Playing them in X?

Also, I like the wide sole profile. Benefits more than a few players.
It's hard to quantify since I'm not hitting head to head but it's similar in feel and flight for me. 120g stiff in the f15. I'm finding it very responsive to working the ball any direction.
Doesn't toe weighting keep the toe open? (ie, to make a driver fade biased you move the weight towards the toe in order to keep the toe slightly lagging behind the heel)
I'd think so but I'm striking toward the toe so making more draw flight

It's hard to quantify since I'm not hitting head to head but it's similar in feel and flight for me. 120g stiff in the f15. I'm finding it very responsive to working the ball any direction.

I'd think so but I'm striking toward the toe so making more draw flight

I believe that's due to the gear effect rather than the toe weighting

I believe that's due to the gear effect rather than the toe weighting
You are right. The toe weighting is just helping with ball speed retention.
Wow...those are gorgeous Kang!! And they are visually bigger than I expected them to be.
Yes they are pretty big for a blade. But not overly so. Just right

What are the general characteristics of the shafts you have in them?

Ok so first range session.... hard to tell real distances with range balls hitting into a breeze. But what I saw with ball flight was great. Piercing mid trajectory, able to work them up and down, elevating and knocking down was very responsive to what I put in. The v sole is for sure a winner, making turf interaction the most impressive about these irons. Feel is subjective but what I can say is that even hitting range rocks, these provided that "nothingness" when struck pure. Few bottom grooved shots definitely provided feedback in both the feel and ball flight. I'll tell you now that ball speed drop low on the face is pretty big. No heel misses today, the few toe misses wasn't too bad. Over all I came away very impressed and now I'm axiously waiting for the first round with these tomorrow

What are the general characteristics of the shafts you have in them?
Mid flight mid spin is what matrix has them at and they seem to hold true for me. Very stable and responsive. A good match for these heads IMO

I can tell kc is excited from his posting alone. Strike em well tomorrow.

Those look gorgeous. Definitely a bigger sole than what I expected. Hit me well tomorrow

One round in the books with these beauties. Hit 13 greens. Great ball striking day.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

One round in the books with these beauties. Hit 13 greens. Great ball striking day.

Sorry if this was already touched on, did a little skimming to catch up. How do these compare to the J15 MB's? I didn't find the J15's to be that extremely difficult to hit TBH

Sorry if this was already touched on, did a little skimming to catch up. How do these compare to the J15 MB's? I didn't find the J15's to be that extremely difficult to hit TBH
Size wise very similar but z945 is just bit more progressive, starting smaller in the short irons and getting bigger toward long irons. Feel or distance wise I can't do apples to apples comparisons since one had steel and one has graphite.

Dammit...........

I mean, nice playing kc.........nice playing.

:D

Nice start with the new irons, just think what it'll be like when you get them dialed in. (if that jinks on you call me when your ready to sell them LOL.)

These are out of my league, but they sure are nice looking. I wouldn't mind hitting them a few times just to say I did though.

Great to hear these performed well during your first round with them. Such an impressive set.

These are a blast to hit...so nice. This combo may satisfy Kang for a few days.

Nice irons there kc, I wish I had the ball striking to play them but I know they would be wasted on me

I am guessing they feel as nice as the rest of the range though so no doubt they are great when you hit them well based on what I have found with the 545's

I think I need to get the lie angle touch flatter and these will be perfect... had a few left misses, it may be swing related but at address I see a bit toe up

Back