Recent Midwest Rain

Golf 'N Gator

Formally HoosierGolfer
Reaction score
Handicap
It has been raining here since early last week. As of this evening, we have received 13 inches of rain in the past 6 days and the forecast is for rain each day thru the weekend.

My home course has been closed since Sunday.

How about the rest of you?

Texas has seen its share this year.

And tropical depression dropping anywhere from 5-8 inches over yesterday/today.

More tomorrow then stops. Crazy stuff but we've needed this for years. Lakes are flooding ATM but we will be thankful in a few months.

Man that's crazy, it seems like feast or famine this year with the rain, in Charlotte we're a little behind in rainfall.

Crazy stuff, especially since we're in a borderline drought in waterlogged Washington...who'da thunk? Usually June is the time we like to call "June-uary", because it seems like it's frequently unseasonable chilly and rainy, and then July the sun comes out and it dries out. Not this year!

Sorry to see all the flooding, there seems to have been a lot of crazy flooding this year.

It has been raining here since early last week. As of this evening, we have received 13 inches of rain in the past 6 days and the forecast is for rain each day thru the weekend.

My home course has been closed since Sunday.

How about the rest of you?

Similar situation here but not quite as bad. Looks like we finally have a reprieve I hope. Still chances for random pop up tstorms for the next couple days but hopefully nothing else.

I have a feeling my 1955 cinder block basement was nearing it's threshold. The new gutters we put on last year seem to be working fantastically.

Yea here in Peoria they started to put down sand bags for when the Illinois river crests Friday. I played last night and the course was wet and the grass was tall because they haven't been able to get out. And we got more rain coming, which is rediculous.

We've had some good rains up here but only 3-4 inches over the past week or so. Chicago got more and there's a lot of flooding... Which actually has affected the Blackhawks celebration. Hoping the rain holds off though so I can get out and play. Luckily the range is good enough to hit balls.

Man you guys have been getting hammered

Completely irrelevant to the Midwest but Houston got 11" the past 24 hours?

Wow....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a bit of rain, because our pump broke, but there has been a ton of water damage around here. So, so sad.

We've had some good rains up here but only 3-4 inches over the past week or so. Chicago got more and there's a lot of flooding... Which actually has affected the Blackhawks celebration. Hoping the rain holds off though so I can get out and play. Luckily the range is good enough to hit balls.
Quit sending us more water down the river lol...

Haha....yeah more coming!!

We've got quite a bit lately some areas north way more than us just south and west not near as much.

Some places I drove through tonight are at capacity with the rivers/cricks out of there banks, water sheds from the fields out of their banks and rivers running through crop fields or now a small lake.

We got rain forecasted through the weekend and some damage to roads, homes and crops will be seen soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been almost 3 weeks of solid rain/ and thunderstorms here . I snuck out the range yesterday by chance and the range was a mudbog. We tried to open the pool and pretty much gave up on it as of now. All outdoor activities have been hindered big time by this weather. I'm going to golf next week, so I'm assured with my luck it will rain all next week as well.

(Add/ after looking at forecast)
And low and behold, looked at the weather for next week and thunderstorms 6 of 7 days:( . Maybe I took a good year to just play casual golf and focus on life

We haven't received that much rain, but we definitely have seen enough to close the course for the majority of the past week.

~Rock

Yea it's bad. Some courses have only have a portion open and many are walking only. Plenty of ranges are closed down too.

It got nasty on the course today during the scramble I've never played in such ridiculous rain, it actually hurt when it hit skin

Headed to southeast Indianapolis tomorrow night. Going to try and get 36 in with some old friends on Saturday. Forecast is looking decent, 20-25% chance of scattered rain. Hope that holds it was 80% but the storm is moving a little faster and staying a little south.

Here between Cinci & Columbus we've had a good bit of rain this week but were 3" down for May. Things were on the brink of getting ugly for some farmers. Most should be good now. Not much flooding just a lot of good soaking rain.

It has been raining in Tulsa almost every day since April 1. That's 2+ months of rain.

Courses here are absolutely drenched. The few days that didn't have rain were paths only if the course even opened.

My home course had a major bridge wash out. Fortunately, they repaired it in a week's time.

I can't wait for it to stop.

My home course opened yesterday morning and was closed again in the late afternoon after another inch of rain, bringing our total to nearly 14.5 inches in the past seven days and there is rain in the forecast for the next several days. Flooding is a huge issue as well here with many roads closed.

It is just putting a big hamper on everything. My pool is a mess, the yard is impossible to cut being so wet and high/ flower beds and garden are a joke. We will have the sun out for a while than a heavy downpour. Stinks as I'm a real stickler on a nice lawn and flower displays and a super clean pool. Ain't happening this year, just a crummy summer so far.

Back