Super Stroke Putter grips all you want to know

Hey guys!
I'm really considering re gripping from my Odyssey stock Lamkin crossline putter grip to a Super Stroke, I was trying the Flatso and didn't really like it, but loved the Slim series. I was just wondering what everyone thinks of them before I spring $30 for a regrip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merged with a pretty large thread on superstroke grips. Should be able to find plenty of thoughts in here.

merged with a pretty large thread on superstroke grips. Should be able to find plenty of thoughts in here.

I play pistol-style grips, what's the best one that's similar to a pistol style?

I play pistol-style grips, what's the best one that's similar to a pistol style?

Ultra Slim 1.0 would be the most similar. Although it's still a non taper design and carries non of the pistol style characteristics. However it is the smallest one they have.

They beauty of SS grips for most people is the fact they have no taper. If you are set on a pistol sytle grip they may not be for you. Why are you changing in the first place and what are you looking for in a new grip?

I've had the flatso mid, slim, mid slim and fatso on different putters at different times. My advice is use an air compressor to put them on so they can be easily switched out if you want. That way you don't end up throwing away $20-$30 each time and it won't slip or twist at all so don't worry.

That being said, I've found that for me right now, I'm having the best success with the Golf Pride Players Wrap Putter Grip.

I recently went back to SS from Garsen, and frankly I'm glad I did. SS Flatso 2.0 is the number at the moment, really enjoying it on my V-Line Big-T. Need to grab something for the Milled Collection 6M though, may take it to 38" and CB grip it.

I've been using the SS2R on my SeeMore FGP and have been very happy. I haven't had it long enough to say it's improved my putting over the Flatso 1.1 I had before, but it feels like it. I feel like it's easier to control the face with the flat putter grip and that its helping me start and keep the ball on my intended line more often.

They beauty of SS grips for most people is the fact they have no taper. If you are set on a pistol sytle grip they may not be for you. Why are you changing in the first place and what are you looking for in a new grip?

I'm not set on them, while I've used them for as long as I remember, I hear SS grips really help with pushing and mis-hitting putts, which in that department, sells me on SS because I tend to push putts

I'm not set on them, while I've used them for as long as I remember, I hear SS grips really help with pushing and mis-hitting putts, which in that department, sells me on SS because I tend to push putts

Not sure I agree with idea that a grip can correct a push or any miss hit for that matter.

Not sure I agree with idea that a grip can correct a push or any miss hit for that matter.

I've read stuff saying it discourages you from over-"activating" your wrists. *Insert Tiger "Active glutes" joke here*

I've read stuff saying it discourages you from over-"activating" your wrists. *Insert Tiger "Active glutes" joke here*

Well if you read it on the Internet....

Well if you read it on the Internet....

Yeah, something I've considered. SS grips are extremely comfortable from the ones I've tried.

Yeah, something I've considered. SS grips are extremely comfortable from the ones I've tried.

They are great grips. Just don't expect them to correct swing flaws and you are good to go.

Oddly enough these were originally made to help correct people who tend to miss left with their putts.

Spent a good 2 hours on the putting green last night since my putting has been freaking awful lately. One of the putters I brought out had the old black pingman grip on it. Good god did it feel awkward and awful.

I have a Superstroke 2.0 Midslim in White/Red that I am giving away if anyone wants it. The grip was just removed from my odyssey putter after one round, I could not love it... I tried to love it... so with that, if you'd like it send me a message and your address and it is on the way, if you are willing to cover shipping (usually less than ten bucks so with that you still save ten bucks)

Enjoy my THP friends!

Rather to late, this has been shipped out.

I bought a putter from Cbaker and it had a Flatso 1.0 on it. That thing felt amazing. I immediately put the Flatso on a few other putters. That design is amazing.

I bought a putter from Cbaker and it had a Flatso 1.0 on it. That thing felt amazing. I immediately put the Flatso on a few other putters. That design is amazing.
Its my favorite of the SS lines now, it sort of got overlooked when we reviewed it bc it was combined with another SS option, but man its good. I've actually moved to the 2.0, constant taper and the hard edges on the front, bliss for me right now.

Its my favorite of the SS lines now, it sort of got overlooked when we reviewed it bc it was combined with another SS option, but man its good. I've actually moved to the 2.0, constant taper and the hard edges on the front, bliss for me right now.
It is so easy to feel during the stroke. Every time I put my hands on it, I wonder how it can be legal.

I have the older Flatso 1.0, the Flatso Ultra, and wow, I am gunning putts with this thing. Went to the putting green and my worst miss was two feet past on a lipper.

Just put the Flatso Ultra back on my putter. Not sure why I ever took it off. Putting very well with it.

Been using the ss square and absolutely love it .

I really want to try a SuperStroke grip but I can't come to terms with destroying my Cameron grip. It looks and feels amazing and it would be a damned shame to throw it away like that.

Ugh. Some day when it's worn I'll give the SS a go. lol.

I really want to try a SuperStroke grip but I can't come to terms with destroying my Cameron grip. It looks and feels amazing and it would be a damned shame to throw it away like that.

Ugh. Some day when it's worn I'll give the SS a go. lol.

my sentiments exactly. I don't want to mess with the stock grip on my scotty either. I have a beat on an odyssey mxm 1w for a crazy good price. I'm thinking about making it my ss experiment putter.

Joined the SS club and put a Mid Slim 2.0 on my putter. Played a round today and didn't pull or push one putt. Really easy to make a stroke and hit it down the line you're aiming. I did struggle a little with distance control. I think this is something that will just take a little time getting used to. Overall, glad I finally took the plunge and joined the SS club.

Back