What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got 9 holes in and shot a 38 (+2). Was -1 through 6 holes while missing 5 straight good birdie opportunities. Doubled #7 after misjudging wind and ending in a bunker with no sand. Missed another birdie opportunity on 8 and bogeyed 9.

Really came down to 2 mishits from possibly having my first round under par.

75, went 6 over on the front and 3 under on the back. I really need to get my consistency down. Could've been an easy 66 today if I was just a little more dialed in. Lots of birdies and lots of bogeys (and a double or two) Every bogey or missed birdie was just a hair off on an approach shot or a lipped out putt.

Got 9 holes in and shot a 38 (+2). Was -1 through 6 holes while missing 5 straight good birdie opportunities. Doubled #7 after misjudging wind and ending in a bunker with no sand. Missed another birdie opportunity on 8 and bogeyed 9.

Really came down to 2 mishits from possibly having my first round under par.
Sounds like you knocked the rust off pretty fast, great 9!

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

Best 9 in a while, on an easy course but still. A +2 39 (par 37) with 5/7 fwys, 6 GIR, and 16 putts. 1 bird, 1 bogey, 1 ugly double, and the rest pars. Everything was pretty solid, hoping to keep it up!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

42-43 85 at the Highlands of Elgin, were the first group off and played in three hours flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played 18 yesterday, although it was the back 9 twice. Full swing left me. I'm sure it was just a glitch, one of those rounds you just want to forget about. 94.

On the plus side, short game remains fantastic. Had 13 putts on the first 9, which is usually a great sign of a good short game.

~Rock

New personal best on number of putts and on a side!!!
Playing in our weekly blitz from the senior tees as we are a group of retirees, I started on #15, a par 4, holed out for an eagle from 128 uphill, could not see the ball go in. Par for the remaining 3 on that side, so I was really happy at the turn. My regular group started talking about how well I was striking the ball so naturally it went away. Only double of the day on #1 when I pushed my approach on the par 5 and caught the water by about a foot. 3 bogeys on the other 8 and they all should have been pars. My FWs were stellar as I hit all on the front and my scrambling was good, used 13 putts on the front. The score was 41 so I was let down after the hot start on the day. When we got to #10 I seemed to refocus, birdied #10, #11, #13 and was back to even. On the last hole it was 140 downhill to a pin 5 steps on the front, I chose to play short and try to roll on, they had not cut the grass for the last 5 yards in front of the green so I was a yard short of the green. My buddy told me that if I got up and down I would have an even par 72, I told him that I was going to try to make it as I was only about 18 feet from the hole. Yep it went in for another birdie. I had a 71 which tied my all time PB for 18 but was my best buy 1 at my home course. I had only 7 putts on the back for a total of 20 on the round, that is 7 better than any round I have ever had. After adding up the back side I shot a unreal for me 30. Again easily my best ever on a side by 3. I am pretty stoked right now.

Playing in our weekly blitz from the senior tees as we are a group of retirees, I started on #15, a par 4, holed out for an eagle from 128 uphill, could not see the ball go in. Par for the remaining 3 on that side, so I was really happy at the turn. My regular group started talking about how well I was striking the ball so naturally it went away. Only double of the day on #1 when I pushed my approach on the par 5 and caught the water by about a foot. 3 bogeys on the other 8 and they all should have been pars. My FWs were stellar as I hit all on the front and my scrambling was good, used 13 putts on the front. The score was 41 so I was let down after the hot start on the day. When we got to #10 I seemed to refocus, birdied #10, #11, #13 and was back to even. On the last hole it was 140 downhill to a pin 5 steps on the front, I chose to play short and try to roll on, they had not cut the grass for the last 5 yards in front of the green so I was a yard short of the green. My buddy told me that if I got up and down I would have an even par 72, I told him that I was going to try to make it as I was only about 18 feet from the hole. Yep it went in for another birdie. I had a 71 which tied my all time PB for 18 but was my best buy 1 at my home course. I had only 7 putts on the back for a total of 20 on the round, that is 7 better than any round I have ever had. After adding up the back side I shot a unreal for me 30. Again easily my best ever on a side by 3. I am pretty stoked right now.

15 isn't easy to hole out on! Well done! Birdie 11??? I've only hit that green a couple of times in regulation! Great stuff!

15 isn't easy to hole out on! Well done! Birdie 11??? I've only hit that green a couple of times in regulation! Great stuff!

That is actually the 2nd time I have holed out on #15, I have 3 eagles on par 4s but never a HOI, oh well!

91 but really should have been a 89 which would have been nice to break 90. Oh well, I need to work on my long game it didn't punish me today but I struggled on longer holes and off the tee the back 9.

Damn it boy! :bomb: Well done so now grab Lynne and go out on the town and have a nice celebration supper!! :blob: :clapp:

Fantastic round DawgDaddy! Congrats on the PB.

Congrats Randy, that's awesome man!!

What did you shoot today?

44-41. closed out the front 9 going snowman-double. that hurt. but i felt like i kept my focus pretty well, and recovered nicely on the back except for a couple loose swings. driver was actually pretty good today implementing one of freddie's big tenets to maintain spine angle (gee, i guess that guy really does know what he's talking about!!!). irons were solid. wedges were ok, but short game particularly bunker play was horrendous. all the more reason to come back and try again :)

Last edited:
Awesome Randy! Congrats on the PB

Congrats DD! Great round!

I'm not sure what I shot today but I got out and played with a former coworker and we just hit it around and talked about life. I had a bunch of good holes and some not so good. It was a nice recharge just being out on the course and having a good time, it took me away from the grind of the #THPLegacy and reminded me golf is for fun. It was just what the doctor ordered heading into this last month of preparation.

Last edited:
Congrats DD! Great round!

I'm not sure what I shot today but I got and played with a former coworker and we just hit it around and talked about life. I had a bunch of good holes and some not so good. It was a nice recharge just being out on the course and having a good time, it took me away from the grind of the #THPLegacy and reminded me golf is for fun. It was just what the doctor ordered heading into this last month of preparation.

They do call my home course "The Caledonia of the North"** when you are ready to get back to the grind. #JustSayin

**No one has actually ever said this

30??? That's fantastic!

Awesome round DD! Keep that momentum going man

Holy freakin crap DD, 30 on a side is ridiculous. Nice shootin' Tex!!

I want shots if when we play again. well done sir!!!!

Played with my son. He shot 80 and I shot 92. Lost 2 balls. Had 2 triples. Had a par on 18 where I usually have a bogey. Hit the ball fairly well, putted terrible. Started playing from the "old folks" tees last month.

Played with my son. He shot 80 and I shot 92. Lost 2 balls. Had 2 triples. Had a par on 18 where I usually have a bogey. Hit the ball fairly well, putted terrible. Started playing from the "old folks" tees last month.

Welcome to my world.

Congrats Dawgdaddy! That's what I'm talking about!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back