Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Mine does have the KBS shaft sticker and the *R*. I will post some pics tonight. I think it is probably authentic. I had a chance to play it this weekend and I really liked it. Very easy to hit if you are using the hinge and hold.

Any opinions as to whether it is real? I just want to make sure.

Any opinions as to whether it is real? I just want to make sure.

The lettering/font/writing style, look of grooves, toe, hosel, flange, and the rest of it based on the pictures seem to match up. I'm thinking your lighting/shading may be throwing the color off. Does the coloring of the groove symbol, the words PM GRIND, the line between the 60 and 10, and the cut circles all have the color green as shown in this picture below?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...pmJSulNZScYq70S5pxBZrfNA&ust=1435297710943463

If so, then that supports its legitimacy as well, but if not then you may have a fake. (If it is a fake they got an awful lot to look right).

The lettering/font/writing style, look of grooves, toe, hosel, flange, and the rest of it based on the pictures seem to match up. I'm thinking your lighting/shading may be throwing the color off. Does the coloring of the groove symbol, the words PM GRIND, the line between the 60 and 10, and the cut circles all have the color green as shown in this picture below?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...pmJSulNZScYq70S5pxBZrfNA&ust=1435297710943463

If so, then that supports its legitimacy as well, but if not then you may have a fake. (If it is a fake they got an awful lot to look right).

It has green paint in all of those spots you mentioned. I am guessing it is real but wanted a second opinion. Thanks!

I need to get a new wedge. . .been playing the x-tour PM grind for years. I use said wedge (58/11) everywhere from 75 yards and in. . .tight lies in the fairway, green-side bunkers, flop shots from the rough.

I assume, other then the shape, the new wedge is similar to the old x-tour, and it would be a suitable replacement?

Ordered 56 and 60. Pretty excited.

I'm considering adding a 56. Crazy.

Funny, I was think of adding the 58*
I like it. Thanks to the Hogan testing I've gone back to a 60 at the top, and it's honestly good for me, it's scared me from leaning on it like I do my 58, funny 2 degrees can do that haha, but I'm using many more bumps and such with the lower lofted wedges now. Amazing how the smart shot helps the ole score, hahaha

PM Callaway Wedge

PM Callaway Wedge

So who has played the new PM Callaway Wedge? I am deciding if I want to replace my 60 degree vokey with a new one or trying out the PM Wedge. Anyone who has played it, please let me know. I haven't been able to find many solid reviews of how it compares to a vokey.

plenty of thoughts in this thread on it.

So who has played the new PM Callaway Wedge? I am deciding if I want to replace my 60 degree vokey with a new one or trying out the PM Wedge. Anyone who has played it, please let me know. I haven't been able to find many solid reviews of how it compares to a vokey.
Honestly, there's nothing out there like it, so its kinda hard to compare

I took it out for my round yesterday and it is very easy to get underneath the ball. I am still getting used to chipping and flopping. I love how heavy the club feels.

I've played two further rounds and not one chip shank yet. Not only that but I holed a downhill 10 yard chip with about 6 feet of break for an eagle and yesterday holed out a 15 yard straight chip for an eagle. I tripled the following hole but the less said about that the better. Those were my first eagles in about 15 years.

This wedge has my confidence around the greens at an all time high. It's ridiculous. I used to be happy just getting the ball on the green and a chance at a putt. Now I'm getting to where I expect to get it close and every round I've played with this wedge has been in the 70's. So far the most effective technique for me is cock the wrists early and hold the angle as long as possible. You can really get a nice bit of spin and a very controlled shot.

The only time a problem arises is when I get a little too confident and try and be cute with it.

The 64 doesn't seem to be as popular as the lower lofts but she is NEVER coming out of my bag.

Phil's technique for Phil's wedge design

Phil's technique for Phil's wedge design

ISo far the most effective technique for me is cock the wrists early and hold the angle as long as possible.

In other words the Phil Mickelson style short game technique is working with the PM grind wedge. :giggle: That makes some sense since the wedge was designed to work with his style of play and preferences. :curl-lip:

Have had mine for several rounds now and just have not had to use them much. That changed today. Road trip with our group to a new track. Short sided myself 3 times. The 60 saved my bacon all 3 times. Up and down is so easy with these. The work with them in the beginning paid off. Course was wet and had rain on and off. Wet thick rough not a problem for these at all.

In other words the Phil Mickelson style short game technique is working with the PM grind wedge. :giggle: That makes some sense since the wedge was designed to work with his style of play and preferences. :curl-lip:

I wanted to imply Phil and I share the same amazing short game but not be too obvious about it. You got me.

:embarrassed:

I'm in love with this 60*!! It's just so good from every lie.. Tight lies, fluffy and out of the sand today and I freaking love it.

After playing the majority of my shorter wedge shots recently with my set SW with limited success; I started to lean more on my 58° PM Grind this weekend and wouldn't you know? Much better results. I think with good technique, something that escapes me, this wedge does just about everything around the green.

But in the bunkers and the greenside rough, it may be my favorite wedge EVER.

This club is starting to become a bag favorite - full shots, half shots, chips - absolutely love it - got up and down on 2 different occasions for par yesterday - one time it hoped once, and hit the lip of the hole leaving me a 6" putt.

My playing partner called me a "chipping machine" yesterday.

However, when using this club you MUST commit and now be afraid to take an aggressive swing (at least in the case of using a 60*)

After seeing a couple of these in Branson, and have not been falling in love with my current 54 and 58 wedges, I am going to try this out in a 56° and maybe do a 2 for 1 trade. One wedge to do the work of two would be a win in my book.

After playing the majority of my shorter wedge shots recently with my set SW with limited success; I started to lean more on my 58° PM Grind this weekend and wouldn't you know? Much better results. I think with good technique, something that escapes me, this wedge does just about everything around the green.

#ElephantTamer

It has truly shined in the bunkers for me, I've had very little success out of sand for a while, and this 58* PM seems to just pop the ball out and onto the green!

It has truly shined in the bunkers for me, I've had very little success out of sand for a while, and this 58* PM seems to just pop the ball out and onto the green!
Same for me! I've never been good out of the sand, but got my first ever Sandie this weekend thanks to this wedge. It will be in the bag for a long time.

Back