Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Great shot, Tom! I wish you many more starting in August.

GG and I got each captain their own condo where they will be able to hold team meetings, get togethers and strategy sessions. Remember that you should use this time wisely, listen to the captains and offer input to help your team succeed.

Matchups and Pairings will be done at the THP Dinners Friday and Saturday night.

Getting a lot of questions about handicaps and how they will be used and at what percentages, so figured I would post that up here.

Singles - 100% of handicap. Low plays as scratch and the difference between that and the opponent will be used to determine amount of pops given and where.

Four Ball - Lowest member of the foursome will play at scratch and each member adjust their handicaps by subtracting his number (lowest member) from theirs and strokes are given accordingly. As an example if the foursome is made up of a (4, 12, 11, 8), the 4 would be the "scratch player" and the 12 would get 8, the 11 would get 7 and the 8 would get 4.

Alternate Shot - Obviously individual numbers cannot be used, so an allowance is used. Both partners handicaps are added together and the lowest team plays at scratch. The higher combined team subtracts the opponents handicap from theirs. From there it is at 50% so you would divide that number by 2 and round up to the next whole point. As an example. If a 4 and 9 are taking on an 11 and 13, we have 13 and 24 for teams. That means the two teams together are 13 and 24. The higher handicap team would be 11 and when divided by 2 would be 5.5 rounded up to 6. So they would get 6 strokes.

Hope this helps answer any and all questions as it pertains to handicaps and how they will work.

The captains deserve it for leading us and putting up with us!

I like the way the match hcps are being set up. Should make for some interesting and hard decisions for the captains.

It's like the climb to the top of a roller coaster for many of you, you're almost there and the anticipation of the unknown is becoming more and more prevalent lol. Fear not! it's a fun ride and some of your bonds will never be broken.

Give your best and at the end of the day you'll be better for it win, lose, or draw.

It's like the climb to the top of a roller coaster for many of you, you're almost there and the anticipation of the unknown is becoming more and more prevalent lol. Fear not! it's a fun ride and some of your bonds will never be broken.

Give your best and at the end of the day you'll be better for it win, lose, or draw.
Awesome analogy Trouter. A ride of our lives awaits, it will be over so fast, but we'll relive the thrill for a long long time.

Awesome analogy Trouter. A ride of our lives awaits, it will be over so fast, but we'll relive the thrill for a long long time.

No question about it. We are working every day with the companies involved making sure that everything is perfect for each participant. We have the dinners planned, the range time planned, the practice round planned and more. It is going to be a very special weekend that we know everybody is going to enjoy.

And lets not forget the gear. A full bag ready to go that GG and I should have shortly and then we will begin going through everything. #GetExcited people, it's almost here.

And lets not forget the gear. A full bag ready to go that GG and I should have shortly and then we will begin going through everything. #GetExcited people, it's almost here.

I never really thought about it... But the UPS guy must hate you

Oh wait.... There is gear involved? :). Kidding of course. Having witnessed first hand something similar. All of us re going to be blown away. Then add in two beautiful courses that will test anyone's game both mentally and physically, it's a recipe for perfection.

I never really thought about it... But the UPS guy must hate you

I wish there was a Legacy Fairy to come and do it all, but alas, we will have to "suffer". From years past with events involving gear.

BtP9GFmCYAADhm3.jpg

BtPouvCCUAEZc-Q.jpg

BtLLovyCcAAN7xr.jpg

I wish there was a Legacy Fairy to come and do it all, but alas, we will have to "suffer". From years past with events involving gear.

BtP9GFmCYAADhm3.jpg

BtPouvCCUAEZc-Q.jpg

BtLLovyCcAAN7xr.jpg
Well at least it will only take 1 trip with the tour van Friday morning :)

You know, I had never really thought about how THP was probably based out of y'all's house. Those pre-MC pics are nuts!

It feels good to be at the minor tweaks point in my game. Not that it's changing how much I practice, but at this point I know what my capabilities are and I'm just making sure they're consistent. I realized playing #Cookie on Sunday that I'm at the point that I trust my swing. I didn't hit every shot perfect, but there wasn't a single shot that I stood over and thought "jeez I hope I pull this off" or "I hope I don't slice this" or "I hope I don't hit this fat". I can honestly say that I stood over every ball with confidence, and compared to six months ago when I started playing that's an amazing feeling.

I hope the rest of you are feeling the same way. Today is a good time to look back at how far you've come since you started your legacy prep. We're down to the spit and polish time.

That is not our house. That is one of the condos at True Blue.

Still, it's nuts. That was what, 40 full bags of clubs? It must have looked like a cardboard factory exploded by the time everything was unpacked.

It looked like heaven. It really did.

I'll be honest, it's going to be hard not to snuggle with my clubs on Friday night. :act-up:

Those pictures give me goosebumps. I can only imagine the feeling as you walk up and realize just how fortunate you are to receive something so special!

After a TON of golf last week this week is an off week for me. A few small aches and pains need to be rested up and I probably won't touch a club until later this week.

The pic has me all giddy now. Its will be like my last 5 birthdays and xmas rolled into one!

The pic has me all giddy now. Its will be like my last 5 birthdays and xmas rolled into one!

Last year, Sponsor day was actually on my birthday. Talk about a hell of a present. Cant wait to see you guys run out there and have your minds blown.

I mean, with that many bags....just wow. That seems like it would literally fill a condo.

I'm excited for this. It still seems like so far away, but its not. It's probably a good thing I have KC coming up this weekend. Sort of takes that 'time dragging anticipation' factor away. Hopefully I can sleep Thursday night, and don't suffer "Christmas Morning" syndrome.

~Rock

Not sure if this had been said or if we're even supposed to know, but on the Friday, do we know who from the OEMs will be there?

Not sure if this had been said or if we're even supposed to know, but on the Friday, do we know who from the OEMs will be there?

Does it matter? :alien:

I kid of course. Both companies will have great representatives there to work with each person on their staff.

Does it matter? :alien:

I kid of course. Both companies will have great representatives there to work with each person on their staff.

No, it doesn't really matter, just curious. I don't know any of them personally but I have seen names across the forums from previous events and some of the great comments about them and was just wondering if i was going to get a chance to meet them in two weeks.

Back