Holly Sonders Reassigned

Now she can not go back to The Golf Channel because she is afraid they will make her hostess of Altered Course. She was just that bad.

Last edited:
I like holly just not in that role. Hope we see more of her soon

Seems like she was set up to fail with that format. It takes a special kind of person to pull that off, like David Feherty for example

I agree here. I believe someone said Natalie sounded like "she was holding in a dump while talking" if I remember correctly.

She always sound like that.

It's the 20 lbs of makeup on her face making it difficult to move her mouth .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO, Holly Sonders is one of the best on air sports television personalities period! I enjoy every moment when she is on a live or taped broadcast.....after I activate the "mute" button.

She really is just a pretty face for FOX. She was horrible at interviews.

I liked her on the GC and was sad to see her go. I know she's always been polarizing but I hope they find a good place for her.

I don't really get the Holly hate from some around here. She certainly had room for improvement with the interviews, but how it was set up with the video replays and her asking questions not related to the videos was a lot of incongruous content in a very short amount of airtime. She's had a history of success and I think both she and Fox will figure out how she can best be utilized on-air.
The sheeple will always follow the flock.

I agree with this. Her prerecorded "walk through" on different holes was well done.

I think she would do well on recorded pieces in all honesty . She seems to have a pretty good personality but it was painfully obvious that thinking on her feet in a live setting is not her strong suit .

What did they think they were getting when they hired her?

It's still hilarious though . She is terrible.

So true!

I really did not think she was too bad. Fox did not do her any favor by having her do interviews four feet from the person she was talking to. I know they have the flat screen behind them but it was awkward.
No doubt the questions coulda/shoulda been better. She was in a closed environment unlike the folks on the course. I think she will do better in another role. She talks well and freely on a set with "the guys". Last the camera angles did not feature her assets,,, and yes I MEAN HER SMILE TOO.I am married to a person who did tv for years and I heard dozens of folks who know nothing make critical comments about her and many other highly skilled people. It is just that the job is visible.

Didn't realize criticizing her for the crappy job at the US Open was akin to being a lemming. The beyond terrible Fowler piece that I'm attributing to her, not asking Kisner anything about his round and asking the guy who just won the US Open moments before what he packed, along with making every single interview awkward and painful to watch, she was terrible.

She also has no issue with the pictorials and what not, but I just don't see that aspect of it at all.

I thought she was ok on MD and she obviously is trying to progress from that. That's fine, but interviews or anything where she's involved by herself on live tv may not be for her.

I mean I guess.

Or she could just be bad at her job as clearly evidenced at the US Open.
I am a member of the "she's bad at her job" flock.

She is a little rough around the edges, but I could see her being my next x wife.....

I don't think she was as horrible as some people do, but I think there are better ways to use her. Honestly, Playing Lessons was perfect for her.

Her interview of Kisner and the one with Spieth after he won were both brutal to watch. Hoping Fox finds their stride because there are a lot of personalities that I like on their telecast.

Holly is too green to do interviews on the fly, and she had not worked for almost a year.

She was unprepared, which was her error. Looks can only do so much.

She was good in her role on TGC, where the shows were more lighthearted.

She is in the big leagues now but she is Double A material at the moment; or is that Double D?

I love the end of the article with an air brushed pic of Holly. God she was awful!!!

I enjoyed her on TGC, although I don't always watch TV with the most critical eye. She was good with Martin Hall and on "Playing Lessons."

The post-round interview format at the US Open seemed a little strange/awkward to me so hopefully FOX is finding a better role for her this week.

Back on topic with Freddie's quote..I will tell you if she interviews me up against a locker this weekend. :smile:

screen-shot-2015-07-08-at-3-26-02-pm.png

Last edited:
The worst one to me was when she interviewed Kisner. He had played well that day I thought and all she could ask him about was Tiger.

I thought the same. Even the wife was like "WTH?" The entire "interview" set up she doing was completely amateurish, not all her fault however as she was just doing what Fox had set up. No big loss as she is mostly eye candy anyway.

IMHO, Holly Sonders is one of the best on air sports television personalities period! I enjoy every moment when she is on a live or taped broadcast.....after I activate the "mute" button.
:laughing: Well played, Sir!

She did fine with the morning desk coordinator job during the SR. U.S. Open..........she was basically warming up for Buck and Norman and running some banter.

Obviously, her interviews in Chambers Bay were meh but how much of that was actually produced and scripted by her and not some backroom production lackey? I just don't see her in some pre-production meeting devising a master plan to not ask the players any relevant questions.

I think she still has the football sideline reporter gig lined up right? Maybe she'll ask grumpy Bill Belichick about Tom Brady's hair and football inflation preference?

She did fine with the morning desk coordinator job during the SR. U.S. Open..........she was basically warming up for Buck and Norman and running some banter.

Obviously, her interviews in Chambers Bay were meh but how much of that was actually produced and scripted by her and not some backroom production lackey? I just don't see her in some pre-production meeting devising a master plan to not ask the players any relevant questions.

I think she still has the football sideline reporter gig lined up right? Maybe she'll ask grumpy Bill Belichick about Tom Brady's hair and football inflation preference?

She is taking Pam Oliver's job right?

Seriously, they should just put her in a bikini. That's why she's there. It's the same with most of the women in her position. They got the job because they have sex appeal. Or because it fits the PC quota. That's truth.

Riveting stuff from holly and Natalie here .

I'm kinda surprised at the exchange between gulbis and sanders right now. Came across very forced.

Back