Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

The weather should be...interesting.

z67Y08a.jpg

For the love of God, no weather talk. Ughhh

I had a blast playing with some of the Legacy participants this weekend - I think the matches will be tight, and that the guys are pretty close to being ready for this event.
Good luck to both teams!

Looks no different than last year, which only had issues Friday. You guys will be fine, worry more about the shot in front of you and less about the weather.
Who said anything about worried? I've been playing in heat, cold, rain, wind, whatever.

Bring it on.

Got out early this morning to play my nemesis in a match. Tee game was a little hit or miss but I was hitting irons well and getting up and down quite a few times. Took a quintuple bogie on the 10th hole (OB a couple times), and doubled the 12th yet still managed a 42 on the back and beat him pretty handily. I will take an 82 with a 9 on the card every day and twice in Myrtle!

Feels like my game is rounding into form. Chipping and putting are as good as they've ever been for me. I guess all the reps are paying off! I am so psyched for this weekend, there will be some epic matches and great fun. Looking forward to cementing some lifelong friendships in 10 days!

Got out early this morning to play my nemesis in a match. Tee game was a little hit or miss but I was hitting irons well and getting up and down quite a few times. Took a quintuple bogie on the 10th hole (OB a couple times), and doubled the 12th yet still managed a 42 on the back and beat him pretty handily. I will take an 82 with a 9 on the card every day and twice in Myrtle!

Feels like my game is rounding into form. Chipping and putting are as good as they've ever been for me. I guess all the reps are paying off! I am so psyched for this weekend, there will be some epic matches and great fun. Looking forward to cementing some lifelong friendships in 10 days!

Nice. Did you beat him in stroke or match play?

played with and talked to some Legacy Participants this weekend. To say the excitement level was high is an understatement.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I've been fortunate to play with guys from both teams, and really can't predict a winner other than all of us following along because it's going to be a great competition. McRock is a sandbagger with a game that keeps getting better, Erky likes to rattle off birdies when he's playing match play, Rambler just won an event, LightningBolt can hang with anyone, and the list keeps going. This is going to be one for the ages.

Nice. Did you beat him in stroke or match play?

Stroke. We play five bucks a side and five for the match. If we'd played match it would have been a win too.

I'm truly excited for these two teams to get down to MB and experience these two courses, build the bonds with their teammates & soak it all in. The staff at TB & Caledonia are top notch and thank them each chance you get.

It's almost surreal to me that I'll finally get to play these courses. Between the footage of previous events and my study of them on Google Earth/online I feel like I know them already.

I've been fortunate to play with guys from both teams, and really can't predict a winner other than all of us following along because it's going to be a great competition. McRock is a sandbagger with a game that keeps getting better, Erky likes to rattle off birdies when he's playing match play, Rambler just won an event, LightningBolt can hang with anyone, and the list keeps going. This is going to be one for the ages.

I promise you that my handicap was a 13 prior to this weekend. I just get hot, and tame it down with that occasional blow up hole.

~Rock

Man do I love these two courses...I can't wait for you all to get down there and have pictures flowing back to the masses. Amazing that two amazing golf courses could be so close together physically, but so technically different.

This final stretch will be big for all of us. I know I have my plans for still getting that final little prep in. There will be no slowing down with it getting so close. I havent felt this comfortable with where my game is at in years. I know the hard work has paid off for all of us and it will be one heck of a battle in MB next weekend!

I promise you that my handicap was a 13 prior to this weekend. I just get hot, and tame it down with that occasional blow up hole.

~Rock
Makes you perfect for match play. You are going to be a force, and more importantly you are going to have a blast. Can't wait to follow along and hear all about it in Iowa.

So apparently I'm supposed to be focusing on this "work" thing, whatever that is...my head is already in Myrtle Beach. Just waiting for my body to catch up.

Announcement.

Each of the two sponsoring club companies have a representative coming to work with you and help you have the correct information about your new clubs. These are not local reps, but people that make a difference for each of their companies in many different ways.

Josh Kinchen - @JCKinchen - Josh has spent time in both R&D and marketing and is the current Marketing Manager for Bridgestone Golf. One of the most knowledgeable people in golf equipment there is.

Duffy Callahan - @DuffCal - Duffy has worked throughout Wilson Staff on both the clubs side and the tour. Currently he is working with both consumers and the tour with their products.

Announcement.

Each of the two sponsoring club companies have a representative coming to work with you and help you have the correct information about your new clubs. These are not local reps, but people that make a difference for each of their companies in many different ways.

Josh Kinchen - @JCKinchen - Josh has spent time in both R&D and marketing and is the current Marketing Manager for Bridgestone Golf. One of the most knowledgeable people in golf equipment there is.

Duffy Callahan - @DuffCal - Duffy has worked throughout Wilson Staff on both the clubs side and the tour. Currently he is working with both consumers and the tour with their products.

Duffy helped with my fitting. Will be good to see him again.

Just gets more real everyday. Cant wait to meet Duffy!

~Rock

2 awesome dudes added to the mix

that is totally awesome. i have met both of those guys and they are awesome...for those who haven't met them yet you are in for a treat.

played in a VSGA one-day qualifier today, more to tune up for the Legacy than really to get into this VA championship tournament. Ended up getting my first eagle ever our our third hole! Par 4, 139 yards out, holed out with a 9i. Could not believe it...was so amped up on the next hole, par 3, i quadruple bogeyed lol. Was +14 though through 12, and then it was called due to weather. I was getting 21 strokes on the course, so had a good shot to shoot even. Irons felt better than they ever have. Driver was hit or miss.

Great news. Josh is awesome. Have heard nothing but great things about Duffy.

Back