Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

The time is fast approaching. I have some final shopping to do this week and weekend, so that I'm ready to go bright and early next Wednesday morning.

Equipment boxes are such a tease. I'm ready to get those sticks on the practice areas and do some work.

How many of us tried to zoom in on the boxes and figure what's in them? I know I did hahaha. The slightest of teases raises the excitement that much more. Just wait till Friday Morning. Young kids on Christmas we all will be.

How many of us tried to zoom in on the boxes and figure what's in them? I know I did hahaha. The slightest of teases raises the excitement that much more. Just wait till Friday Morning. Young kids on Christmas we all will be.
Ha, no kidding! I can picture 16 grown men bouncing around in their condos saying "is it time yet???"

I updated the first post but wanted to post it here as well. With the event coming up, wanted to make sure people who want to follow along can do so. Here are the rosters along with their sponsors and their twitter handles. Live updates on Wednesday Thursday and Friday (especially) will be coming from these guys via THP and social media.

#TeamTradition - Captain - DevRickus - @DevRickus_THP
Martsy - :bridgestone: - @martsy421
Orange Hog - :bridgestone: - @cacesmith_THP
Fairband - :bridgestone: - @edavidson13
Golf4Life - :bridgestone: - @g0lf4life
T2GRN18 - :wilsonstaff: - @T2GRN18
Erky - :wilsonstaff: - @ErkyDoodle
jhoefer99 - :wilsonstaff: - @jhoefer99
Dave Alvarado - :wilsonstaff: - @davealvarado78

#TeamHeritage - Captain - Mikedean441 - @MikeDeanTHP
Greggdrews - :bridgestone: - @greggdrews
LightningBolt44 - :bridgestone: - @r_bolt24
Lynchburg14 - :bridgestone: - @Lynchburg14
Cjgolf25 - :bridgestone: - @cjalmeida86
Shakey - :wilsonstaff: - @ShakeyGolfer
ArmyGolf - :wilsonstaff: - @CMPolysou
McRock - :wilsonstaff: - @AttorneyRock
Rambler - :wilsonstaff: - @RamblinHusker

I updated the first post but wanted to post it here as well. With the event coming up, wanted to make sure people who want to follow along can do so. Here are the rosters along with their sponsors and their twitter handles. Live updates on Wednesday Thursday and Friday (especially) will be coming from these guys via THP and social media.

#TeamTradition - Captain - DevRickus - @DevRickus_THP
Martsy - :bridgestone: - @martsy421
Orange Hog - :bridgestone: - @cacesmith_THP
Fairband - :bridgestone: - @edavidson13
Golf4Life - :bridgestone: - @g0lf4life
T2GRN18 - :wilsonstaff: - @T2GRN18
Erky - :wilsonstaff: - @ErkyDoodle
jhoefer99 - :wilsonstaff: - @jhoefer99
Dave Alvarado - :wilsonstaff: - @davealvarado78

#TeamHeritage - Captain - Mikedean441 - @MikeDeanTHP
Greggdrews - :bridgestone: - @greggdrews
LightningBolt44 - :bridgestone: - @r_bolt24
Lynchburg14 - :bridgestone: - @Lynchburg14
Cjgolf25 - :bridgestone: - @cjalmeida86
Shakey - :wilsonstaff: - @ShakeyGolfer
ArmyGolf - :wilsonstaff: - @CMPolysou
McRock - :wilsonstaff: - @AttorneyRock
Rambler - :wilsonstaff: - @RamblinHusker

Let's start the betting!

This is pretty sweet
ffd8dead8e3e551c22d32fa37a4bb494.jpg

You mean you're not playing rounds in the heat every weekend already?

im looking forward to cooler temps at MB. :)

Only gotten up to 102 and felt like 113 about 5 times this summer. But I was born to work in the heat so I don't notice it much.

MB bound one week from today....the clock winding down is making this more and more real

MB bound one week from today....the clock winding down is making this more and more real
Amen to that. In a week and 3.5 hours I'll be landing in Myrtle Beach.

Ill be hitting the road by now. 9 hours in the car, better get some good podcasts downloaded.

Well.....In 8 days I'll be playing golf in MB. It was not until this morning that it hit me that this is really here. I'm excited, and also extremely thankful for practice rounds and range day. Should help take a few of the flutters out of me by the time competition starts.

I'll be getting acclimated to the climate by monday noon though, which is when I arrive for a little minication with the wife.

~Rock

I'll be getting acclimated to the climate by monday noon though, which is when I arrive for a little minication with the wife.
Good plan--keep the wife happy, get used to conditions.

At this time next week I will be teeing off on True Blue and getting the real answer to the question about where all the prep has taken me. Cannot wait to get there!

We're one week out gentlemen!! How will you spend your last few days of prep time? Resting the body? Refining a few things? Maybe a last minute match play round?

For me I'll spend my last few days working mostly with my wedges at the range and will get in 27 holes this coming weekend.

I can't wait to get to Myrtle Beach and hang with you guys and get this party started!!

Working
Sleeping
Family
lol

We're one week out gentlemen!! How will you spend your last few days of prep time? Resting the body? Refining a few things? Maybe a last minute match play round?

For me I'll spend my last few days working mostly with my wedges at the range and will get in 27 holes this coming weekend.

I can't wait to get to Myrtle Beach and hang with you guys and get this party started!!

Since I got home from KC, I have been resting. My shoulder needs a few days off from the grind, and my back is stiff. I did some putting last night, but that's been it. I will do some short game drills, and I have a small money game this weekend, but I won't hit another full shot on a driving range until True Blue. It's getting real.

Doing a little range work and playing this weekend. I'm feeling good about where my game is at. I'm trying to walk the line between not losing what I've got and not overworking or overthinking. I want to take the confidence I've got in my swing and my game right now to MB.

One week from tomorrow 16 players and 2 captains begin their quest to create their legacy. The Legacy of holding up these gorgeous trophies and being able to call themselves champions. While 9 people will be able to call themselves Hall of Famers, all 18 will be able to say their #THPLegacy is cemented.

On Friday, as the saying goes, the spoils will go to the victors and you will march down the steps from the restaurant/waiting area led by your captains for the weekend to meet the people that supplied them to you. It goes without saying, but I am never short of words. Be gracious to those that are there (Wilson and Bridgestone) and do not forget those that are not (KBS & Lamkin). There will be a Live Update thread different from this one and we hope you use it fast and furious. Jealousy is a good thing in this instance and everybody will want to see the "presents unwrapped".

During the course of the weekend's festivities, please do us a favor and take it all in. What has become the norm on a place like THP, was simply unheard of just a few years ago and is still unheard of every place else. You are ambassadors to our brand over the weekend and we could not be more proud than to have you 18 represent us. This will be a once in a lifetime opportunity and while it gets thrown around quite a bit, this is truly once in a lifetime. Remember the reasons and enjoy every second of it.

True Blue and Caledonia are hosts for the weekend along with THP. Remember they are there to make your weekend as good as you can imagine and are going to work their collective butts off to make that the case. While it is old stomping grounds for THP Events, the courses are some of the best in the country and should be treated as such. There is no finer place for one to create a Legacy than walking up the steps on Sunday to be greeted by their teammates and opponents. I have shed tears (more than I care to remember) at this place and said I would never be back to change those memories. You 18 deserve a chance to have what a select few others have shared there and we cannot wait for you to create new memories.

One week from tomorrow it begins and you are about to enter a fraternity that starts and ends with the 18 of you. Cherish it. Embrace it. Soak it all in. A legacy is something you create through hardwork, great timing and trust. You have worked tirelessly for a chance to hold up that Legacy Trophy and say I am a champion, and in just one week you have that chance.

Good luck participants. You are in for a wild ride.

It's funny that while I have been excited to get this going, I am actually wishing time would slow down a bit now so that I can soak in this last week. I feel I am ready, though, and it's time to pay myself back for all the hard work by having the time of my life.

My heart rate just increased a good bit.

~Rock

Im ready to get this thing going!

My heart rate just increased a good bit.

~Rock
Save that post, read it every other day and that heart rate won't drop till you get back home from SC!

Back