Android Phone Thread

My s4 has been really good to me through the years and i could easily just hold onto it but I'm considering switching to the Note 5 when it comes out soon. I like the big screen and stylus
I had my S4 for 2 years and just upgraded to a Nexus 6 and absolutely love it. I could never go back to a smaller screen after this 6 inch beast, takes very little getting used to.

So many great devices out there really all comes down to personal preference and what you want in a phone.

I had my S4 for 2 years and just upgraded to a Nexus 6 and absolutely love it. I could never go back to a smaller screen after this 6 inch beast, takes very little getting used to.

So many great devices out there really all comes down to personal preference and what you want in a phone.
I forgot about the Nexus, any issues with it? That's Motorola right? I really like Samsung and had absolute nightmares with my old og moto droid and x that id be scared to go back. Hopefully they are improved by now tho haha i realize those phones of mine are crazy old now

I forgot about the Nexus, any issues with it? That's Motorola right? I really like Samsung and had absolute nightmares with my old og moto droid and x that id be scared to go back. Hopefully they are improved by now tho haha i realize those phones of mine are crazy old now
Yup made by Motorola and no issues for me. Has everything I want in a device. Stock Android no crappy TouchWiz, great battery life and Turbo Charge. Got the 5.1.1 stupid fast on this Nexus

I had an OG Droid as well and it is hard to even think both are Android. Lollipop has made this OS better than ever.

Yup made by Motorola and no issues for me. Has everything I want in a device. Stock Android no crappy TouchWiz, great battery life and Turbo Charge. Got the 5.1.1 stupid fast on this Nexus

I had an OG Droid as well and it is hard to even think both are Android. Lollipop has made this OS better than ever.
Hahaha the poor og Droid. I'll have to check out the Nexus tho dude, i really like the big ole screens. Pass me my phablet

Hahaha the poor og Droid. I'll have to check out the Nexus tho dude, i really like the big ole screens. Pass me my phablet
Yeah man check it out. Can't imagine my life without this screen and fits really well in my pocket.

Motorola has REALLY upped their game in the last 2 years. Everything they are releasing is quality right now. I love my Nexus, and I have a feeling the next moto x will be really really strong.

Yeah man check it out. Can't imagine my life without this screen and fits really well in my pocket.
Totally can see that. I couldn't go smaller
Motorola has REALLY upped their game in the last 2 years. Everything they are releasing is quality right now. I love my Nexus, and I have a feeling the next moto x will be really really strong.
Nice, well that's two who love the Nexus already haha definitely going to check em. Please be good to me Moto

Hi guys does any one have or had an LG G3? My wife and i have Samsung S3's and they have started getting real laggy, for instance when i touch to open the gallery it takes at 5 seconds to open, the same with going into messaging and opening some app's.
Maybe even looking a an S5 or G4 if i can find one cheaper than $1199.

I just bought an g4 and I love it

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Hi guys does any one have or had an LG G3? My wife and i have Samsung S3's and they have started getting real laggy, for instance when i touch to open the gallery it takes at 5 seconds to open, the same with going into messaging and opening some app's.
Maybe even looking a an S5 or G4 if i can find one cheaper than $1199.
i ve had the G3 for about two weeks now. So far no issues at all.

Comimg from IOS I was afraid Of the learning curve to Android. But it hasn't been that bad.....but you guys don't have thst issue. The camera seems really good and the battery life seems acceptable.

The the biggest reason I went with it. It seemed to provide the most GB for the $$$. Compared with I Phone 6 only offering 16 or 64. I was able to get 32 with the G3 and thst should be enough for my uses.

I haven't been blown away by it, but certainly no complaints either. A very solid phone so far.

i ve had the G3 for about two weeks now. So far no issues at all.

Comimg from IOS I was afraid Of the learning curve to Android. But it hasn't been that bad.....but you guys don't have thst issue. The camera seems really good and the battery life seems acceptable.

The the biggest reason I went with it. It seemed to provide the most GB for the $$$. Compared with I Phone 6 only offering 16 or 64. I was able to get 32 with the G3 and thst should be enough for my uses.

I haven't been blown away by it, but certainly no complaints either. A very solid phone so far.

Do you get a day out of the battery? I charge my phone every night now so doing that doesnt bother me.

I just bought an g4 and I love it

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Me too, had it a few weeks now and don't regret getting it at all

Battery life is so much better than my previous HTC. Admittedly it doesn't get used as much during the day while I am at work but I have been left with over 60% some days when I go to bed and put it on charge. The biggest drains are obviously games but there are only a couple I play so it isn't too bad

Typical usage is watching a video whilst having my lunch, then general browsing and social media in the evening, little bit of gaming and the battery handles all of that pretty darn well

What price do you pay for the g4 in the uk Doc?

What price do you pay for the g4 in the uk Doc?

I got it on a deal where the cost is split into 2 parts, one for the airtime side of the contract and the other is the handset - but I also get a discount through my mobile carrier with working for the health service

I am paying £20/month for the handset and that was with zero upfront cost for a 2 year contract, so £480

The type of deal that I am on allows me to upgrade my handset at any point during the course of the 2 years but I have to pay the outstanding balance of the handset cost

My wife and i get our phones on prepay which costs $19 a month, 100mins talk, unlimited txt but only 500mb data, i wish it was more data though. Ive been looking at the G3 because i can pick one up second hand for around $500.
How do you guys find the LG UI and skin? Does the phone get through its tasks at good speed? I asked on a local forum and was told the G3 wasn't that great and LG system slows it down.

My wife and i get our phones on prepay which costs $19 a month, 100mins talk, unlimited txt but only 500mb data, i wish it was more data though. Ive been looking at the G3 because i can pick one up second hand for around $500.
How do you guys find the LG UI and skin? Does the phone get through its tasks at good speed? I asked on a local forum and was told the G3 wasn't that great and LG system slows it down.

I don't know what the exchange rate works out at for you, but I get unlimited calls, unlimited text and 5GB of data for £17/month (this is after my discount)

I don't have any issues with the UI, it is certainly a lot faster than my previous phone, I just need to get used to the little differences about how certain things work compared to HTC Sense

I don't know what the exchange rate works out at for you, but I get unlimited calls, unlimited text and 5GB of data for £17/month (this is after my discount)

I don't have any issues with the UI, it is certainly a lot faster than my previous phone, I just need to get used to the little differences about how certain things work compared to HTC Sense

That works out to about $42nzd. But for what you get, it is a good deal compared to our plans. Im assuming you are running 5.1 on the new G4?

Getting alone really well with this Nexus 6. Got her rooted, bootloader unlocked, and custom ROM and recovery already.

Sitting at 84% after a full workday. No complaints so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Getting alone really well with this Nexus 6. Got her rooted, bootloader unlocked, and custom ROM and recovery already.

Sitting at 84% after a full workday. No complaints so far.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Nice. I used to Root and ROM my phones but just don't have the time for it anymore. I am just on stock with Nova launcher and it has all the customization that I need.

Can't imagine having a phone with a smaller screen now. I picked up my S4 the other day and it felt so tiny

Do you get a day out of the battery? I charge my phone every night now so doing that doesnt bother me.
Yes most days. The only day I didnt was when I used the GPS very heavily in KC and didn't have my car charger. Most other days I raeely use more then 50%. If it matters I dont stream much at all or use Bluetooth much.

Yes most days. The only day I didnt was when I used the GPS very heavily in KC and didn't have my car charger. Most other days I raeely use more then 50%. If it matters I dont stream much at all or use Bluetooth much.

Thanks for the reply. I dont use blue tooth or gps hardly. Maybe once every couple of months. Has your one been updated to 5.1 lollipop?

Thanks for the reply. I dont use blue tooth or gps hardly. Maybe once every couple of months. Has your one been updated to 5.1 lollipop?
That's a good question. Being an Andoid newbie. I was unsure of all the Versions. I've looked in settings and swear I can't find what version I have.

If if someone can tell me how to check it, I wil.

That's a good question. Being an Andoid newbie. I was unsure of all the Versions. I've looked in settings and swear I can't find what version I have.

If if someone can tell me how to check it, I wil.

Go into settings and then about phone and just on that screen it should say what version it is.

What about the OnePlus1 does anyone have one? I got told about it and it looks to have some great specs.

That works out to about $42nzd. But for what you get, it is a good deal compared to our plans. Im assuming you are running 5.1 on the new G4?

Sorry, missed this last night

Yeah, running 5.1 on it

Back