Android Phone Thread

I am about to switch over to the s5 tomorrow after the unlock is complete. Added the Go launcher to make the interface nice and clean looking. It is night and day comparing the s5 to my Iphone from the camera quality to overall ease of use. I am excited to switch over and see what else I can find out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't use my phone that much, especially data. Never even use 1GB. So I got the older LG G3. So far I like it.

Im looking at getting one myself. My S3 has served me well but i think it time to get some newer(even if it is a year old) tech. My monthly plan here in NZ only comes with 500mb data so mine is used mainly on home wifi.

Have you noticed that its fast enough? What phone did you come from?

I am about to switch over to the s5 tomorrow after the unlock is complete. Added the Go launcher to make the interface nice and clean looking. It is night and day comparing the s5 to my Iphone from the camera quality to overall ease of use. I am excited to switch over and see what else I can find out

Nice welcome to the Dark Side! Haha

You also might want to check out Nova launcher it is a great replacement app with tons of customization.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Im looking at getting one myself. My S3 has served me well but i think it time to get some newer(even if it is a year old) tech. My monthly plan here in NZ only comes with 500mb data so mine is used mainly on home wifi.

Have you noticed that its fast enough? What phone did you come from?
Not sure if it is available there but don't sleep on the Nexus 6. It is a great device and can be had a at pretty nice price

Applied latest update for Note 4 (VZW) and either I've used my phone more than normal the last two days or that update is sucking battery big time....

Anyone seeing similar?
I know it put some crap on there and I removed it, so thought it could suck out some battery life as well.

Yup. Backed up, killed it and reloaded from scratch. It was a giant pain but, it stopped sucking the battery dry. If you don't want to do that turn off location services, that seemed to help the most.

Not sure if it is available there but don't sleep on the Nexus 6. It is a great device and can be had a at pretty nice price

It is available here but for over $1000 its out of my price range just like the new S6($1100) and LG G4($1100), i can pick up the G3 for $500.

It is available here but for over $1000 its out of my price range just like the new S6($1100) and LG G4($1100), i can pick up the G3 for $500.
Wow, that's crazy. I would definitely get the G3 for sure

Nice welcome to the Dark Side! Haha

You also might want to check out Nova launcher it is a great replacement app with tons of customization.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks Crest.I may check out the Nova launcher from the looks of it , well designed and easy to use. This phone is so much better then Iphone almost night and day.

Wow, that's crazy. I would definitely get the G3 for sure

The dollar has crashed and we are a tiny market. Plus you have to factor a gst of 15% means we get screwed on everything. Great place to live though, and no D Trump. R15 retails is $699 ffs.

Went a head and got myself a LG G3. So far its great and a worthy upgrade to the S3.

Hey Crest, which case did you end up with?

Hey Crest, which case did you end up with?
I have the Supcase and Spigen. I have gone back and forth on which one to use. I have the Supcase on it now because it offers a bit more protection IMO. Also I like how it grips a little better than the Spigen

The HDR feature on the Google Camera is awesome. Takes amazing pictures and I am miserable at picture taking

Last edited:
I have the Supcase and Spigen. I have gone back and forth on which one to use. I have the Supcase on it now because it offers a bit more protection IMO. Also I like how it grips a little better than the Spigen
How is the supcase buttons? I've liked the Ringke, but it is a little worn and I'm ready for a change.

How is the supcase buttons? I've liked the Ringke, but it is a little worn and I'm ready for a change.
They are ok but not great Spigen has the buttons exposed which I really like

I was looking at the G4, HTC 1 (M9), S6, and now Motorola claims monthly updates. I'm really torn. I can't stand Motorola android devices because they seem to be super slow, but on the other hand, the monthly updates are way more frequent than any of the other manufacturers out there... The choices. :(

I was looking at the G4, HTC 1 (M9), S6, and now Motorola claims monthly updates. I'm really torn. I can't stand Motorola android devices because they seem to be super slow, but on the other hand, the monthly updates are way more frequent than any of the other manufacturers out there... The choices. :(
I think I saw where Samsung is going to do monthly security updates too.

Curious what you are basing your opinion on that Motorola's are slow?

Haha Wake I was just about to post that as well...

I think I saw where Samsung is going to do monthly security updates too.

Curious what you are basing your opinion on that Motorola's are slow?
Had a Droid Pro and my mom has a Droid Turbo.
Not counting the Droid windows slider.
:)

Had a Droid Pro and my mom has a Droid Turbo.
Not counting the Droid windows slider.
:)
And you thought the turbo was slow? Interesting

I can only speak for the G4, but I have had mine for nearly a couple of months and it is just right for me - nice size without being too big, the screen is great for browsing the web etc and watching videos and I have had zero issues with it at all

Picked up the nexus 6 last month and after a few tweaks , I'm really happy with my decision . my prior phone was the htc one m7. I liked it besides the crappy camera. I need to pick up a case soon, before I destroy it,lol

Picked up the nexus 6 last month and after a few tweaks , I'm really happy with my decision . my prior phone was the htc one m7. I liked it besides the crappy camera. I need to pick up a case soon, before I destroy it,lol

Crest and I have one also and are enjoying it. I have a Ringke Fusion case and have enjoyed it so far, but am thinking I will try to the Supcase Unicorn Beetle case next.

Crest and I have one also and are enjoying it. I have a Ringke Fusion case and have enjoyed it so far, but am thinking I will try to the Supcase Unicorn Beetle case next.

Still liking mine, with the exception of the camera, but the app FV-5 has alleviated alot of the issues i have with the camera since it allows manual control.

Back