Irrational dislike of a tour player

phenom4hire

Reaction score
Handicap
18-19
Reading the open thread got me thinking today as it was brought up by fellow members their dislike for Adam Scott. I too share this irrational dislike for him and honestly have no idea why. I heard mentioned that it was the putter but it doesn't bother me all that much at least consciously. He is a bit of a robot but so are other tour players that I like to watch. Hes got a beautiful swing, seems like a nice guy, is well dressed, etc. Regardless I cannot stand watching him TV and skip over articles and what not dealing with him specifically. If anybody figures it out please let me know because I feel a little bad about being so hard on a guy for seemingly no reason. Do any of you have players that you just irrationally dislike. I can pretty much guess why on players like Bubba, Tiger, or Reed, but if there is someone who fits this category to you I would be interested in hearing about it and maybe why you think it is so. Im determined to give him a fair shake so Im gonna spend some time on youtube torturing myself with Adam Scott videos to see if I can dispel the hate or at least come up with a reason why.

He has an awesome swing, but I'm not a fan of the long putter. Nothing to do with him personally.

I'm the same with billy Ho love his clothes, love his game, but the dude irks the hell out of me.

Last edited:
Kevin Na is on that list for me. That stuff at The Players is all I can think about when I watch him play. Heard them talk about during The Open coverage that he's really worked on it, so that's good.

Zack Johnson needs to lay off selling every piece of his apparel to the highest bidder. He's making Furyk look bad.

Zack Johnson needs to lay off selling every piece of his apparel to the highest bidder. He's making Furyk look bad.

Im genuinely curious here. Why does this bother some, more than a player have 27 swooshes or UA's on them?

Im genuinely curious here. Why does this bother some, more than a player have 27 swooshes or UA's on them?

I wish I knew, but it reminds me of a Nascar with the various logos. I know Spieth has like 18 UA logos but the uniformity I guess blends for me.

Completely irrational I know.

I've always had the same disdain for Vijay because he cheated on the pre-Asian tour by changing his scorecard in an attempt to make a cut. His excuse was he needed the money.

I pretty much hate every tour player that makes a bunch of birdies. Its ruining the integrity of the game.

Biggest hatred has always been with tom wisekopf, after he treated an amateur playing partner in a U.S. Open like he didn't belong. And Tom even told him this to his face during the round. Complete and utter a hole in my opinion (even though he blaimed this incident on trouble in his life) . A cover up post remark for just being a jerk to cover his arse

steve stricker is a current tour player for me. Seems like a nice enough guy but is so boring like paint drying and his swing has no flash appeal to it. Great player though

and Webb Simpson for taking the religion card to far. Even though I'm all for it, he over does it and reminds me of Benny Hinn

And unfortunately Matt Kuchar. Too much smiling and not enough playing and really hate how a tall man like he is swings like a pretzel and never utilizes his height

Don't forget the other side of the spectrum: the irrational LIKE of a golfer. People who others defend like they have a personal stake in their success. Or like they are their best friend. Not naming anyone in particular, hehe.

Webb Simpson for me. Just seems soft and annoys me. I think it started when he shanked that shot at Medinah. And how he handled it.

Biggest hatred has always been with tom wisekopf, after he treated an amateur playing partner in a U.S. Open like he didn't belong. And Tom even told him this to his face during the round. Complete and utter a hole in my opinion (even though he blaimed this incident on trouble in his life) . A cover up post remark for just being a jerk to cover his arse

steve stricker is a current tour player for me. Seems like a nice enough guy but is so boring like paint drying and his swing has no flash appeal to it. Great player though

The 14 second mark of this video is hilarious.

Speith for me because I live in Texas and I have to hear how he is the next coming.

Webb Simpson for me. Just seems soft and annoys me. I think it started when he shanked that shot at Medinah. And how he handled it.

I would have guessed because of his frat boy douche bag Izod commercials.

Yeah, were all hitting chip shots from a yacht.

As much as I dislike Vijay I think I dislike Keegan even more. Bloody Red Saux fan!

I have never been a tiger fan but used to give him credit for what he has done for the game.

And Sergio Garcia in early 2000's. Couldn't stand his waggle , so frustrating watching him wondering when he will hit the damn ball

and Jason Dufner waggle, why does he make it look so obvious and out of place ? A nice swing though

I should love Bubba but I kinda can't stand him. His style of play is everything I love about golf. Grip n rip, take chances, hit tee shots into the trees but it doesn't matter because you hit it great. But there is just something about him I can't stand

And Sergio Garcia in early 2000's. Couldn't stand his waggle , so frustrating watching him wondering when he will hit the damn ball

and Jason Dufner waggle, why does he make it look so obvious and out of place ? A nice swing though
Alot of hate man.

Mine would probably be Westwood, I don't have any reason not to like him, but I have no interest in seeing him do well.

There are others I don't care for, but their is a rational reason behind it.

There are many players I like/dislike for obvious reasons but there are a few I irrationally dislike for no known reason. One that comes to mind is Justin Rose. Again no idea why.

Is it irrational to hate John Daly still or is it the status quo?

There are many players I like/dislike for obvious reasons but there are a few I irrationally dislike for no known reason. One that comes to mind is Justin Rose. Again no idea why.
He kinda has that "I'm British and better than you attitude all over him". And when I see him I think of the movie the omen , like he has a lot of evil in him. Seriously

Rory, not sure why exactly, but I'll pull for pretty much anyone against him.

Back