What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driver got a case of the hooks today.....earned me a few penalty strokes

44/47 = 91

Got in 9 after work. I almost lost my mind starting the first hole a par 5, with a 9. Definitely my worst hole of the year.

Bounced back after that with steady golf at 4 over (4 pars and 4 bogies). Finished with a 44.

I'm looking forward to this weekend's MD/DC/VA outing with THPer's.

84 this morning and then somewhere in the thousands in the afternoon. Dang I suck when my driver fails me.

Hitting driver well off the tee is a difference in me being a single handicap and a mid handicapper. It sucks. At least I have a lesson with my coach tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Played 27 today 18 with an old buddy, his grandpa, and another friend and shot 78. 37 on the front and 41 on the back. Made 5 straight bogeys to start the back 9. One of the longest bogey streaks I have had in a while and got peeled in our partners game.

9 hole leauge in the evening. Fired a pretty smooth 35. Best I have hit in a while

Redemption today after throwing up all over myself yesterday - played the White Tees
38 front, 36 back for a 2 over par round
Front had 3 bogies, 1 birdie, 5 pars
Back had 2 bogies, 2 birdies, 5 pars

b2e86805def5087d1f32d6a884f41cce_f12.jpg
9400f07e6d97eb6d676b372fd98777c0_f13.jpg

trad.jpg

Was able to get 9 in after work before the thunder and lightning ran us off the course. Shot a 42 with 2 doubles and a 3 putt. Never thought the day would come when I would be disappointed in a 42 but tonight I can easily think of 4-5 shots that were just boneheaded. My biggest problem is not finishing my swing and trying to guide the ball. When that happens things go right which is not good. Still giving away too many shots with my short game. I'll get it straight before Savannah though! More good shots then bad shots tonight, just got to limit the damage of the bad shots.

I had the kind of round today that makes me question why I play golf, which is especially disappointing considering the round I had last week. I couldn't get anything working, mostly because I was in my head the entire round and at the top of my swing I started trying to steer the club for some unknown reason. The results were missing way right and way left, with no idea which one was coming. I did have some good shots to hold onto, but there were some shots that I just have no idea where they came from. Final score was a 52 with 18 putts. Pairing that with a 41 from last week and my handicap is going up instead of down like I was expecting. Isn't golf fun??

92 with some bad breaks. Felt pretty good about that round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

79 with 4 double bogeys errrrrrrr

42/42 at bear dance. 3 birdies but to many doubles

1ac6e24946c3cf0b6421564d5d9f2d59.jpg

Played from the gold tees and shot my PB today. I walked 18 for the first time in a long time. I feel like I could have broken 90 but I just wasn't chipping or putting that well at all.

Shot 43 tonight after work - was solid except for a horrific 3 putt 8 on the first par 5. Just an awful short game hole, unfortunately. But otherwise I played decent, had one birdie, a couple pars, and a couple bogeys. Know I can do better, but I'll take the positives.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

:crying: 102. I gave up 11 penalty strokes.

Shot a 49. I don't know why, but I was slicing harder than a middle-aged woman playing Fruit Ninja. Hit 7 drives and missed the fairway severely left 7 times. Short game was okay, had a nice pitch-in from about 40 yards. Unfortunately it was for par.

49/39-88. What a tale.

6 penalties on the front two three putts on the back. Golf is so stupid...butbI love it and want more of it.

10 pars
2 bogies
4 doubles
2 triples

Could have swore I drove through a tornado that was forming but just went up. Dumped buckets as we waited to tee off and hailed. Then it was beautiful! Thanks for setting the round up and for it Kang.

I had the kind of round today that makes me question why I play golf, which is especially disappointing considering the round I had last week. I couldn't get anything working, mostly because I was in my head the entire round and at the top of my swing I started trying to steer the club for some unknown reason. The results were missing way right and way left, with no idea which one was coming. I did have some good shots to hold onto, but there were some shots that I just have no idea where they came from. Final score was a 52 with 18 putts. Pairing that with a 41 from last week and my handicap is going up instead of down like I was expecting. Isn't golf fun??

Golf is like a box of chocolates, you never know what ya gonna get until you throw a peg in the ground :thumb:

Just swing brother. You don't need to think, just swing.
49/39-88. What a tale.

6 penalties on the front two three putts on the back. Golf is so stupid...butbI love it and want more of it.

10 pars
2 bogies
4 doubles
2 triples

Could have swore I drove through a tornado that was forming but just went up. Dumped buckets as we waited to tee off and hailed. Then it was beautiful! Thanks for setting the round up and for it Kang.
I feel your pain Doug. I had a similar day myself.

Golf is like a box of chocolates, you never know what ya gonna get until you throw a peg in the ground :thumb:

....I'm not a smart man, but I know what golf is...

Just swing brother. You don't need to think, just swing.

I know this, and I tried to stop it but the worse it got the more I started thinking about what I was doing wrong, and the downward spiral continued. Going to hit the range this weekend to figure some things out, or work on mindlessly swinging a club.

Played after work , driver has completely left the building. hit 2 fairways, but make 4 birdies again and 1 chip in and one 40yard hole out for birdie. bogey 3 of 5 par fives and shoot 76...... putter is working only 26 putts.!!!!!!

Played last night. Shot 28........par was 29! HAHA! Took the Mrs. to a muni par 3 course that has two very short "par 4s."

Played last night. Shot 28........par was 29! HAHA! Took the Mrs. to a muni par 3 course that has two very short "par 4s."
Sounds like you were at Washington.

Sounds like you were at Washington.

Meadowood in Westlake. They have 3 9s there varying in length. Great place to go for beginners and for some short game practice!

I might be there today for "lunch"

If I didn't have league today I would defiantly be there to work on the short game!

I shot an 80. 41/39. I couldn't putt to save my life though. I took 35 putts.

1 birdie
8 pars
9 bogeys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back