Feedback Journal Thread - The HandCrafted Experience w/ Project X

That's a cool looking shaft in it's own right. I'm looking forward to following along.

Sounds like everyone should be glad that Courtney is a PHD not a Proctologist.
Hahahaha epic post win

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Just got home and saw this. Cannot wait to start this experience! Unfortunately I just found out I'm heading away for the weekend with the family. Gotta make sure my neighbor grabs the box tomorrow and locks it down in their house, haha.

I can hear chumphries firing up the Personal Messenger as we speak!

Yeah, I think I messaged DB 4 times today :)

C Humphries. His doctoral thesis must be "Programming the Response of a Touch Screen for Users with Hands the Size of Catcher's Mitts".

They aren't THAT big.

LMAO. Courtney is building quite the reputation!

Not to brag, but
7078421_orig.jpg

Good Lord Courtney, how many wraps did you have him put on that thing for you?? LOL

It depends, regular multicompound has 3 with some extras at the bottom to take out the taper. 2 if its a MCC plus 4. So not TOO many.

Putter grip for Courtney

63022392.jpg

Maybe that satellite that just took pictures of Pluto can aim its camera back towards earth. It might be able to get one of them in the frame from that far away.

Still gonna need a wide angle.

That's a cool looking shaft in it's own right. I'm looking forward to following along.

Sounds like everyone should be glad that Courtney is a PHD not a Proctologist.

Yeah, I write software. Never was a big fan of exploring dark places. The best I can explain my day job to you guys would be like you typing on this all day:
UKEYB001600_01_L.jpg

Last edited:
The Handcrafted Experience is just awesome. Have fun with the baseline shafts boys.

That looks incredible!

Very cool. I like the question marks on the THP ball/green. Nice touch.

This is so awesome. Subscribed to this thread. Can't wait to see how the shafts turn out. I apologize in advance but I will be asking questions to you guys a lot about this event

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has to be one of the coolest event ideas ever. Really looking forward to following along.

Man, Project X just keeps bringing it to THP.

So my initial impressions about the test shaft...I don't have it yet, and that makes me anxious.

The shaft looks pretty darn cool. I hope the testers like it enough to game it.

Awesome looking shaft and a great event that is as unique as they come

So this is a test shaft for the one they are going to create... what happens to the test shaft?

The shaft looks really cool and I am looking forward to following along.

The shaft looks pretty darn cool. I hope the testers like it enough to game it.

if they don't, i'd love to see it go back to thp headquarters and put up for grabs in some kind of fun contest.

Grip tape is drying as we speak, shafts will be at Fed Ex within the hour.

As a reminder I am not a professional club builder, I am professional club designer. I apologize if your grip isn't on dead straight. You're supposed to be looking at the ball and the club anyways!

The 1st Annual "Bubba Watson Called and Said 'Hey Bro, Leave Some Tape For Me'" award goes to:

C Humphries. His doctoral thesis must be "Programming the Response of a Touch Screen for Users with Hands the Size of Catcher's Mitts".

Enjoy fella's!

DB

This definitely means I need to get a big visor and start buttoning my top button:
bubba-watson.jpg

So this is a test shaft for the one they are going to create... what happens to the test shaft?

Good question. I think they head back to ProjectX at the event.
If it arrives today, I will have mine at the range tmrw after work.

Good question. I think they head back to ProjectX at the event.
If it arrives today, I will have mine at the range tmrw after work.

I'll have to call some buddy in the area for look out for a candy cane swinging fool and tackle him. :clap:

I have a feeling by the end of this whole event and people ask me how the shaft does, my response will just be "goes for miles."

This is so awesome. Subscribed to this thread. Can't wait to see how the shafts turn out. I apologize in advance but I will be asking questions to you guys a lot about this event

Looking forward to your questions!

Feedback Journal Thread - The HandCrafted Experience w/ Project X

Lookie lookie!!
3e6cef75d38f82a10de8f7fd9bc314a1.jpg

Arrived - will be out in play tmrw!!

First observation. It is 1/8" longer than the stock FlyZ shaft (Matrix VLCT-Sp stiff).

c21a3585616e8aeb1c9904cf4576a359.jpg

e1ce80de48880f6bf7448e7f40bf3dd0.jpg

Let the testing begin. Love the orange.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just finished my first testing session and it was a perfect day to test the shaft. After warming up with irons I picked up the driver and and installed the shaft. I got about a hundred balls at the range using the first 25 to warm up. First few balls I took it a little easy just to get my swing in order. I was really concentrating on contact because I wanted to take as many variables as I can out of the equation by only only analyzing Center contact balls. I felt like I was able to load the shaft with no problems. I could not get a read on what stiffness of the shaft was but I did notice it was slightly lighter and I feel like my club head speed benefited from that. Overall it was a good session and I feel like I put it to a good test as my swing felt like it was really on point. I'm sure I will have more thoughts on this session once I'm able to mentally digest everything. Below is a picture of the face so you can see I was pretty close to center on most of my strikes. I hope to get another session in tomorrow or Sunday.

eaa1e90182310c051aadd7eabaf34b35.jpg

c21a3585616e8aeb1c9904cf4576a359.jpg

e1ce80de48880f6bf7448e7f40bf3dd0.jpg

Let the testing begin. Love the orange.

Mine arrived this afternoon while I was out playing golf. It looks just like the above so I won't post pics.

I'm not playing golf this weekend since its my daughters last weekend home before going back to college. I should be able to get up early though and take the test shaft to the range in the morning. I had a real good driving day today with my XR so I'll having something fresh in my head to compare ball flight and feel.

Just finished my first testing session and it was a perfect day to test the shaft. After warming up with irons I picked up the driver and and installed the shaft. I got about a hundred balls at the range using the first 25 to warm up. First few balls I took it a little easy just to get my swing in order. I was really concentrating on contact because I wanted to take as many variables as I can out of the equation by only only analyzing Center contact balls. I felt like I was able to load the shaft with no problems. I could not get a read on what stiffness of the shaft was but I did notice it was slightly lighter and I feel like my club head speed benefited from that. Overall it was a good session and I feel like I put it to a good test as my swing felt like it was really on point. I'm sure I will have more thoughts on this session once I'm able to mentally digest everything. Below is a picture of the face so you can see I was pretty close to center on most of my strikes. I hope to get another session in tomorrow or Sunday.

eaa1e90182310c051aadd7eabaf34b35.jpg

Wow! Great consistency there.

My first pic:

I only had the chance to go out and take a few swings. So far the weight balance feels pretty good. I'll definitely be going to the range by sometime Monday and will give lots of updates. I really like the gray shaft and the blended in text is right inline with my style preference. Thanks Project X!

Back