Robert Allenby's Caddie walks off Mid Round

"My nerves have been rattled. I’m in shock” is LOL funny coming from a guy calling his caddie a c-word. The caddie said this is the 4th caddie to walk out on him in the middle of a round according to Golf Channel.

His bag isn't at the bottom of a water hazard. I'd say the caddie acted fairly well.
Once is an isolated incident, twice is coincidence. FOUR? Got to look at the common factor, and that isn't the caddie.

I'd imagine the guy who filled in didn't care whose bag it was. He gets a story out of it if nothing else.

As a caddy you need to realize this is a demanding job. I'm sure it was just a communication issue that wasn't handled properly. Should never walk off of a job or task, best to sit down and resolve it in a professional manner
Nobody deserves to just sit there and take verbal abuse. Id tell that guy to kiss my ass too. Nobody can blame the guy for leaving. Allenby is a douche

As a caddy you need to realize this is a demanding job. I'm sure it was just a communication issue that wasn't handled properly. Should never walk off of a job or task, best to sit down and resolve it in a professional manner

From Allenby's account, Allenby fired him. So he didn't quit....

Obviously this isn't Allenby's first go round with getting into bad situations so regardless of what actually happened I would give the caddy every benefit of the doubt.

"It's not the first time and it won't be the last time," quipped Allenby at the time.

That is the scariest thing to me, he knows that he is being an ass yet does nothing about it. Good luck finding anyone to be your sherpa....

Is there a rule that a tour player has to have a caddy? Maybe it's time he just pay a local person each week to carry his bag and make the on-course decisions himself. Unless he always needs a scapegoat of course.
Every week at every stop there are qualified caddies who have tons of experience, many of them with tour experience looking for a bag.

He could go with a week to week guy if he wants. There are plenty of guys who will take the bag, the abuse and the guaranteed $1,000 for the week.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Heeeeeeee's a doucher.

I'd gladly caddie for Mr. Allenby; but I don't think I'd make it 2 holes before he fired me.

"How far am I here?"

"Doesn't matter, you couldn't hit a ball in the ocean from a rowboat today jackass."

Read the caddie's version verified by others following the group, that and he supposedly got an ovation when he walked off, and still tell me the caddie was even the slightest bit in the wrong. Allenby sounds like there's something mentally wrong with him besides just being a douchenozzle.

Allenby seems to struggle with telling the truth.

Read the caddie's version verified by others following the group, that and he supposedly got an ovation when he walked off, and still tell me the caddie was even the slightest bit in the wrong. Allenby sounds like there's something mentally wrong with him besides just being a douchenozzle.
I think only one person has found any fault with the caddie, I think it's pretty obvious who is the jackass here.

God almighty this is just silly

Let's see did the caddy hit the ball in the water? no. did the caddy curse at Allenby? apparently not. Even Allenby's story of saying to the caddy after the ball in the water "We have been making a lot of mistakes here", you are the golfer Robert "WE" didn't hit the ball in the water.

"My nerves have been rattled. I’m in shock” is LOL funny coming from a guy calling his caddie a c-word. The caddie said this is the 4th caddie to walk out on him in the middle of a round according to Golf Channel.
He called cuddles...lol. I would have left too, talking about my weight like that.

wasn't it this tournament a few years ago that the caddie poured all the buys balls in the pond and then left???

He's just becoming such an unlikeable person.

I agree 1000%. I think I'll add him to my list in another thread.........

Should have laid up with 7 like Romeo told you, Robert.

The way he was talking sh&t to his caddie makes me think he probably had that HI beat down coming. 4 caddies walking off during the round is a YOU problem, Bob.

Back