Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid

This is is probably true. That being said they don't ever put out anything that doesn't work. They are the most consistent OEM out there IMO. Which is why I believe they are the best.
Really consistent. They have a good R&D and marketing plan. I am not knocking the equipment. Because it works. But that doesn't change the fact that Titleist doesn't really push the envelope with their designs. And that's ok.

Some do, sure. not all pro caliber players want the extra smidge of help. But did you see what was all in Jason Day's bag this weekend? All 2015 releases.

Titleist as a whole, really aims to the "Titleist player" (their words)

Jason Day plays TaylorMade doesn't he? I think some of their 2015 clubs are already "last year's" model. :clown:

This is is probably true. That being said they don't ever put out anything that doesn't work. They are the most consistent OEM out there IMO. Which is why I believe they are the best.

Can you explain this? How are they more consistent than others? Or better yet, in what way?

Can you explain this? How are they more consistent than others? Or better yet, in what way?

This is just my opinion JB. What I mean by this is everything they put out performs. They don't have anything that flops. E.G. TM Jetspeed. Callaway razr fit extreme. As Blugold said they don't really push the envelope though. They also don't fail. They are the only OEM where I would feel good buying something with out even hitting it first.

This is just my opinion JB. What I mean by this is everything they put out performs. They don't have anything that flops. E.G. TM Jetspeed. Callaway razr fit extreme. As Blugold said they don't really push the envelope though. They also don't fail. They are the only OEM where I would feel good buying something with out even hitting it first.

Gotcha. FWIW, both of those drivers you listed in the post, outsold the Titleist driver that was current at the time. So not sure how one is judging a "flop".

Shocked about the 816 name......

Price point may have something to do with that though. Titleist equipment is just more expensive. Its tough for me to believe that those clubs performed as well as the OEM would have liked them to. From Driver all the way through wedges for me they always perform at the top. Of course there is other equipment that performs just as good and is cheaper, otherwise my bag would be full of Titleist.

Price point may have something to do with that though. Titleist equipment is just more expensive. Its tough for me to believe that those clubs performed as well as the OEM would have liked them to. From Driver all the way through wedges for me they always perform at the top. Of course there is other equipment that performs just as good and is cheaper, otherwise my bag would be full of Titleist.

Expectations are different for every company. Wally is very much open at the fact that they are a ball company (his words, not mine), and projections on clubs is smaller.

As to price, Titleist drivers pretty much cost the same as many other companies.

Expectations are different for every company. Wally is very much open at the fact that they are a ball company (his words, not mine), and projections on clubs is smaller.

As to price, Titleist drivers pretty much cost the same as many other companies.

Must be the sweet city of Sioux Falls I live in then. Here there woods are about $50 more than the rest. Not like we have a lot of options though, Austads and Dicks but the dicks has a limited selection. I do appreciate the info from you though.

Must be the sweet city of Sioux Falls I live in then. Here there woods are about $50 more than the rest. Not like we have a lot of options though, Austads and Dicks but the dicks has a limited selection. I do appreciate the info from you though.

Always happy to discuss. Love talking gear.

Curious JB, was the RF extreme a flop in any way?

I want to hit it.

I want to hit it.

Hahaha I think I have read you say that for just about every club that is released. I want to hit one as well. I am really happy with my 915 D2 and 915 F 3 wood and am looking for something to replace my X2 hot 4 hybrid.

Hahaha I think I have read you say that for just about every club that is released. I want to hit one as well. I am really happy with my 915 D2 and 915 F 3 wood and am looking for something to replace my X2 hot 4 hybrid.
Well, it is my job to hit them all. :alien:

Do we know the difference between this series and the 915h yet? Also, anyone have any idea how they'll match up to the Calloway XRs?

Couldn't find a H1 thread but as I said in the vokey thread, had a Titleist demo day at my home course yesterday and got to test the H1 and H2 out. I was comparing it to my driving iron and the H1 was the clear winner. My ball speed with the H1 was 138 H2 was 134 and driving iron was 132. The rep made a comment about how "efficient" I was and asked what he meant he told me the smash factor with the H1 was 1.5 lol. It was super high launching and pretty high spin without ballooning. It was a great feeling club too.

Couldn't find a H1 thread but as I said in the vokey thread, had a Titleist demo day at my home course yesterday and got to test the H1 and H2 out. I was comparing it to my driving iron and the H1 was the clear winner. My ball speed with the H1 was 138 H2 was 134 and driving iron was 132. The rep made a comment about how "efficient" I was and asked what he meant he told me the smash factor with the H1 was 1.5 lol. It was super high launching and pretty high spin without ballooning. It was a great feeling club too.
My 23* H1 has been a blessing. I'm going to add the 26* and possibly one of the lower lofted ones like the 19.

I have an H1 21 degree that is awesome. I love that hybrid as a tee club replacement or anywhere on the course. It's just automatic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just picked up an H2 that I feel the same way about. pretty much automatic

This is good to hear, looking to replace my 915. I was wondering how these would perform. Thanks for the info!

My 23* H1 has been a blessing. I'm going to add the 26* and possibly one of the lower lofted ones like the 19.
I have such a hard ponder right now for the H1. It was so easy and effortless to hit.
I have an H1 21 degree that is awesome. I love that hybrid as a tee club replacement or anywhere on the course. It's just automatic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Automatic is a great way to put it. Took about 15 swings and they were all pretty much the same flight and distance.
Just picked up an H2 that I feel the same way about. pretty much automatic
I swung the H2 as well and I liked that one too. Actually think it's a little more pleasing to the eye at address but could not argue the results of the H1.
This is good to hear, looking to replace my 915. I was wondering how these would perform. Thanks for the info!
I think you'll be impressed Panda. It almost has a bit of of a "spoon" look at address and I thought it might bother me but after what I saw I got over it quickly.

@Six4three5

I really liked the H1 as well. Actually liked it better with the Speeder 8.8 in it and the H2 better with the blueboard from the H1. Getting softer landings on the green by switching the shaft. The control I have with the H2 is what put it over the top for me.

@Six4three5

I really liked the H1 as well. Actually liked it better with the Speeder 8.8 in it and the H2 better with the blueboard from the H1. Getting softer landings on the green by switching the shaft. The control I have with the H2 is what put it over the top for me.
I could definitely see the H2 being a bit easier to control. I just loved the much higher flight without ballooning of the H1. Both are great sticks tho.

I could definitely see the H2 being a bit easier to control. I just loved the much higher flight without ballooning of the H1. Both are great sticks tho.
Agreed. The H2 definitely launched low with the Speeder, but the blueboard brought it up in flight to right between the H2/Speeder and H1/Blueboard. It just happened to give me the exact trajectory and spin I wanted in a hybrid. Im pretty sure I sacrificed 5-10 yards with the shaft change but i wasnt looking for distance. Ill use this as an approach club into par 5s and long par 3s.

exactly. Two solid choices depending on what a golfer wants. I like the higher launch in the h1

Back