The Netflix and Streaming Thread

Okay so I'm going to reveal my ignorance and being under a rock for this one. I saw this the other day on Netflix, was there a movie or older version of this series? I've never heard of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Dee has never seen Wet Hot American Summer so we're watching it as a countdown for this one to kick off... Must say I'm pretty pumped for it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I had a watch party with my wife, she had heard of it but never seen it, I think this new series is gonna be a huge hit for them!

I had a watch party with my wife, she had heard of it but never seen it, I think this new series is gonna be a huge hit for them!
Netflix seems to do pretty well with creating 'hits'... pegged my interest. Will be checking out some background on this later today.

Finally got all caught up on Hell on Wheels thanks to Netflix. It's weird watching on amc now #stupidcommercials

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got all caught up on Hell on Wheels thanks to Netflix. It's weird watching on amc now #stupidcommercials

Love that show.

im only on season 2 but pretty good show

I just binge watched the first season of Orange is the New Black. I wasn't sure at first, but now I am kind of obsessed. I am pretty sure I will be all caught up by the time JB gets back from the HandCrafted event.

I just binge watched the first season of Orange is the New Black. I wasn't sure at first, but now I am kind of obsessed. I am pretty sure I will be all caught up by the time JB gets back from the HandCrafted event.
Pretty good show. Binge watching is definitely short lived with only 3 seasons lol

Pretty good show. Binge watching is definitely short lived with only 3 seasons lol

I've only watched first season but been meaning to binge 2 and 3. Just need to finish House of Cards first.

I enjoyed season one of orange is the new black, season 2 not as much but liked season 3 alot.

What's the show similar to? Anything out there to compare it to?

What's the show similar to? Anything out there to compare it to?

Did you ever see Oz? It was an HBO show. It is similar in the way it approaches life in prison, but nowhere near as gratuitous.

I will add that it's a drama, but has a good amount of comedy in it too. I have really enjoyed it.

Did you ever see Oz? It was an HBO show. It is similar in the way it approaches life in prison, but nowhere near as gratuitous.

I will add that it's a drama, but has a good amount of comedy in it too. I have really enjoyed it.
I heard of it not sure if I watched it or not lol...I'll check this one out

the people in my office that watch it, absolutely love it. They got some other people on the floor hooked on it.

Oh God.....OZ had some hilarious parts but that was always offset by something horrible. :shock:

ViubRvh.png

.......probably best to compare OITNB to Kenji Johan's last show.....Weeds. Funny, quirky and obscene but mostly funny. Hopefully it doesn't get dumb like Weeds did.

Started watching Revolution on Netflix, 6 episodes in really like it

Finished Dexter last weekend and meant to post in here about it. Really enjoyed that series. Some very good acting and the story writing always had twists and turns that I was not expecting. Several "whoa, that just happened" moments in the course of the full series.

Now working through X-Files. Have seen most of these up through season 5 but want to get through the full series now so I'll be ready for the upcoming new episodes.

Just finished season 2 of Orange is the New Black. I agree with others, this season wasn't as good as the 1st, but I still liked it. I will start season 3 tonight. I usually get in 1 or 2 episodes a night right now while JB is out of town.

What do you all think of House of Cards? I was thinking about starting that one next, or do you recommend something else?

Just finished season 2 of Orange is the New Black. I agree with others, this season wasn't as good as the 1st, but I still liked it. I will start season 3 tonight. I usually get in 1 or 2 episodes a night right now while JB is out of town.

What do you all think of House of Cards? I was thinking about starting that one next, or do you recommend something else?

Bloodline is a great show and only has 1 season out so far so its easy to catch up. Haha

I agree with you on OITNB. It's hard to top that 1st season, but that's the case with many of my favorite TV shows. If you like the political drama stuff, House of Cards outstanding. I've loved each season. Happy Valley was a solid Netflix show as well.

EDIT: +1 for Bloodline

Back