Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Preview Thread

Anyone know the story on the Rogue I/O? Is it a revamped Rogue Silver without the breakage issues?

This head in 13.5 with a Tour Blue or Speeder 665 would be a cool combo, but my D200 will be freaking tough to beat.

I believe it is indeed a new Rogue. Hopefully we hear more though soon.

I believe it is indeed a new Rogue. Hopefully we hear more though soon.

It's one of the stock shafts on the 816 DBD. Apparently an upgrade on the current Rogue with some RIP technology built in. I'm wondering if most people that play the Rouge right now would be able to see a big difference.

Yet another impressive offering from Callaway!

This is definitely on my lookout list. I love the fact they have different weight heads! Amazing list of stock no up charge options on shafts.

After my wife and I got married, she was looking at my bank account statements and asked, "Is Callaway Custom a monthly charge?"

It's because of offerings like this, I've had 3 drivers in 3 years (X-Hot, Big Bertha 2014, and now XR). I'm pondering MD3 wedges, even though my MD2 wedges are only a few months old., and I almost swapped out my X2 Hot irons for the XRs.

I love you Callaway, but my wife hates you more than I can love... LOL

I'm going to test this driver out....

Dax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I am waiting at least a year to get a driver, but this one... I might have to jump on this one out of the gate. Looks amazing and from the early reviews it performs even better.

Can't wait to hear Jman's thoughts.

I think it looks great and that list of shafts is awesome, something for everyone. For me id like the Diamana and tour green.

Normally I am waiting at least a year to get a driver, but this one... I might have to jump on this one out of the gate. Looks amazing and from the early reviews it performs even better.

Can't wait to hear Jman's thoughts.
I'm with you on that. I have literally never bought a new driver (my current driver is a R7 460). But this one looks too good to wait another year! Even the fairways look great and the top of my bag needs replacing. Can't wait to hear some more thoughts and try it out for myself.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

If everything works out, this will be in the bag over the weekend.

This will definitely be in hand tomorrow, I'll get pics done and up immediately and then head to the range and course.

This means that in just over 48 hours I get to try this for 36 holes (hello cart partner). :angel:

This one may cost me.....but I'm excited to see how they've improved on the Alpha 815.

Does anyone know if Callaway will be doing a $100 loyalty bonus like they did with the BBA815 line?

Does anyone know if Callaway will be doing a $100 loyalty bonus like they did with the BBA815 line?
I'd imagine we will hear more in the next couple weeks as to if they are or not. Its a good question.

I'd imagine we will hear more in the next couple weeks as to if they are or not. Its a good question.

!!! don't bump this thread w/o in hand pics sir!

58821573.jpg

I'll do what I want.

Like this.

Post office isn't open yet, I'll go yell at the government for ya. :alien:

Jman will update the first post with better pictures but here are some in hand of mine.

92402919c1ea58ff796024b4c6b208c4.jpg

7562cdeea3618e95cd1c6e386e299150.jpg

3f4409b17ad53f0b5b970a53f436f487.jpg

8b55f42df7cb63f41d781739157a6846.jpg

JB what loft did you play the 815? I notice you have the 9 degree there

JB what loft did you play the 815? I notice you have the 9 degree there

Played the 9* lofted up 2 degrees. In XR I played the 10.5 lofted down 1 degree.

Played the 9* lofted up 2 degrees. In XR I played the 10.5 lofted down 1 degree.
I can never remember, lofting up essentially closes the face and lofting down opens it, right?

I need to hit this.

I think I really like the matte black crown.

I'll be curious to know how the spin numbers off this head look compared to the '14 Bertha and Bertha Alpha 815.

I like matte when it's sunny, but I don't like it when it's wet or damp out, like you'll see in early morning tee times. Moisture gets on the crown and on the matte it really jumps out at you. It's not the end of the world, but it's a minor distraction when you're at address.

I like matte when it's sunny, but I don't like it when it's wet or damp out, like you'll see in early morning tee times. Moisture gets on the crown and on the matte it really jumps out at you. It's not the end of the world, but it's a minor distraction when you're at address.

You are not. Nope. Stop it. #Facepalm

Back