2015 PGA Championship Thread & Contest

For those of you keeping track, i had day and Spieth.

What great golf. And what a great display of sportsmanship from a lot of big names during and after the championship. The American in me wanted to see Jordan win, but im so happy to see Day finally win a major.

~Rock

At our age that is awfully optimistic, lol.
Ha ha. Good point. Well If I do make it to 2024, I should be retired by then, so il be able to watch all four rounds :bananadance:

Watching an interview with Jason Day and he said there were people in the crowd throughout the day saying "choke choke choke" He even said that he gets it, that Jordan is the favorite and he would be rooting for him if he were them so he took the high road, but to me, there is a big difference between cheering for someone and outright cheering against someone else. That really bugged me. I guess I always felt golf was about sportsmanship and class but with the stupid crap being yelled on the tee and the greens it's getting worse and worse.

Watching an interview with Jason Day and he said there were people in the crowd throughout the day saying "choke choke choke" He even said that he gets it, that Jordan is the favorite and he would be rooting for him if he were them so he took the high road, but to me, there is a big difference between cheering for someone and outright cheering against someone else. That really bugged me. I guess I always felt golf was about sportsmanship and class but with the stupid crap being yelled on the tee and the greens it's getting worse and worse.
Sadly as we see and hear at almost every tournament, they is no one manning the moron scanner at the gate.

All I can say is they are not true golf fans, just someone with a ticket to what they consider a 12 hour happy hour.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

There are asshats everywhere. I hate seeing it. But after being a grandstand marshal at the USOpen nothing shocks me.

Nnnnnoonan!

Sadly as we see and hear at almost every tournament, they is no one manning the moron scanner at the gate.

All I can say is they are not true golf fans, just someone with a ticket to what they consider a 12 hour happy hour.

I think it's a lot more than being a moron, it's a complete lack of civility and just being a mean hateful jerk in public. You've got to be a real piece of work to have the gall to stand there at a pro event and say something like that. I always liked the fact that golf as a sport held itself to a bit of a higher standard, it stinks to see that eroding.

Good on Day for not only ignoring them, but shutting them the heck up.

Spieth is Captain America currently and as long as he's near the top of the leaderboard, anyone else will be public enemy #1 that's in the lead.

I think it's a lot more than being a moron, it's a complete lack of civility and just being a mean hateful jerk in public. You've got to be a real piece of work to have the gall to stand there at a pro event and say something like that. I always liked the fact that golf as a sport held itself to a bit of a higher standard, it stinks to see that eroding.

Good on Day for not only ignoring them, but shutting them the heck up.
Great point Russ.

Spieth is Captain America currently and as long as he's near the top of the leaderboard, anyone else will be public enemy #1 that's in the lead.
Like Day said, he expects people to cheer for Jordan and to his credit didn't really say anything about the people who were telling him to choke, I just think it's pretty crappy.

Like Day said, he expects people to cheer for Jordan and to his credit didn't really say anything about the people who were telling him to choke, I just think it's pretty crappy.

It's very crappy. As long as Spieth is in contention though, it will happen to anyone beating him.

The best way to put those idiots in their place and to do exactly what Day did yesterday. Let it roll off your back and win!

There were a few times I noticed them both glance into the crowd after shots. I assumed It was a camera or something. Could have been some of those Idiots I guess.

Good on him for taking the high road and showing them how it's done.

Stripe Show. My new favorite term. Ha

It's very crappy. As long as Spieth is in contention though, it will happen to anyone beating him.
I don't think it matters who the other person was. I think it would be the same if it was Rory or Phil. If your opponent is popular some jack wagon fan will act like an idiot.

It's very crappy, and pathetic IMO. What is wrong with people?

I was pulling for Spieth because I wanted to see someone win 3 majors in one year during my lifetime of watching golf (I didn't follow golf when Tiger was in his hay day). But I also cheered on Day because he has been so close so many times and it would have, and was, incredible to see him finally get the win.

How someone can openly scream something like that at a person is beyond me. I understand heckling at a baseball or hockey game, but I always looked at golf differently. It's supposed to be a gentleman's game.

I don't think it matters who the other person was. I think it would be the same if it was Rory or Phil. If your opponent is popular some jack wagon fan will act like an idiot.

Agree with that completely. I personally believe however, that gets escalated with Jordan. It's almost getting to a Tiger like level in that way when people would basically boo whomever he was playing against.

It's very crappy, and pathetic IMO. What is wrong with people?

I was pulling for Spieth because I wanted to see someone win 3 majors in one year during my lifetime of watching golf (I didn't follow golf when Tiger was in his hay day). But I also cheered on Day because he has been so close so many times and it would have, and was, incredible to see him finally get the win.

How someone can openly scream something like that at a person is beyond me. I understand heckling at a baseball or hockey game, but I always looked at golf differently. It's supposed to be a gentleman's game.

You articulated much more eloquently than me but I agree wholeheartedly. It just really caught me off guard when he said that people were doing that. I blame Blugold.

Freaking Wisconsinites tried to ruin a great golf event....or was it Texans knowing they are getting the Spieth logo as a tramp stamp. Or was it just ah honest hatred for Ohio, because of Day. I mean let's all be honest here, Ohio does kind of stink.

You articulated much more eloquently than me but I agree wholeheartedly. It just really caught me off guard when he said that people were doing that. I blame Blugold.
I do to

I would have gotten thrown out bc I would have had a few choice words for those fools. I wanted Speith to win as much as everyone else, but the phrase "act like you've been there" comes to mind and you have to show respect for these guys.

Freaking Wisconsinites tried to ruin a great golf event....or was it Texans knowing they are getting the Spieth logo as a tramp stamp. Or was it just ah honest hatred for Ohio, because of Day. I mean let's all be honest here, Ohio does kind of stink.

I'm leaning towards #2 or #3, but I'm biased....

Just got an email that I can purchase tickets for PGA next year (I registered weeks ago since its like 20 minutes from my house) but geeze $115 + tax per ticket to Sunday? Is that the norm? I went last time it was there and it was like $75 per person at most.

Just got an email that I can purchase tickets for PGA next year (I registered weeks ago since its like 20 minutes from my house) but geeze $115 + tax per ticket to Sunday? Is that the norm? I went last time it was there and it was like $75 per person at most.

I have no idea, but I don't like to watch golf in person so I would never pay that. You can't see anything, even with our inside the ropes press passes, you can't see anything. I much prefer to watch from the air conditioned comfort of my home.

Back