What would you do...

Peace out golf.

My wife is as much of a golf fanatic as I am, so I don't have to worry about that.

But....as terrible as it may sound and call me what you wish, I would have to give up the relationship if that came to pass.
Anyone that wants as complete control over my life as that cannot foster a healthy relationship and I want no part of that.
Been there...done that...won't do it again.

She gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't ever force her to give up her hobbies or interests so if given and ultimatum then it would undoubtedly mean relationship problems for us. I wouldn't do it. Life is too short to be miserable.

I would never give my wife an ultimatum to give up something she loves and I expect the same in return. If I ever asked her to do that I would expect her to tell me to peace out and if I was ever asked to give up golf I would do the same to her.
However I may have one of the coolest wives around that I know I will never have to worry about that.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

I'd let it go & give it up. Family first.

Then I'd most likely immediately go find another hobby that kept me up to all hours thinking about it, researching it online, and spending money on :D

I guess I'd kiss golf goodbye.

But the joke would be on her when I buy a Muscle Car to work on or get back into competitive paintball. Hehehe.

Never would be asked to do so. If I was asked, we would have a talk. If reasons were good enough, I'd walk away. But it better be pretty damn good!

What is the cost of a divorce? I kid! I'm with JB. My wife grew up with the game like me, so no chance of that happening.

If there was a legitimate reason I had to give it up to save my marriage, I would do it without question. But I can not imagine a scenario where my wife would ask me to give it up.

I'd die of a heart attack !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pretty much gave it up for 3 years while we were dating and the first year or so of marriage so I could do it again of I had to but fortunately I have a wife that wouldn't request that.

My wife wouldn't do that, she's a golfer.

I would be single inside of 1 hour. Promise.
It would never happen, tho - my gf likes golf!!

My wife gets the happiness and full fulfillment I get from golf so she would never do that. I'm also very cognizant of my "golf" so I make sure none of my husband/fatherly duties are suffering. Family will alway comes first, but golf won't go away bc I've learned to balance the two.

I would not entertain the option. If she said that, I'd stop paying for her albatross membership too! But really, my wife plays golf so it's not going to happen thankfully.

Brad Paisley wrote a similar song about fishing.... Well I'm gonna miss her when I get home.

Thanks guys definitely been fun reading through these. We do have some great significant others!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think in my case it is closer to her saying "If you give up golf I am leaving you". One of her favorite things to say (and mine to hear) is, "I feel like cleaning, why don't you go golf for a while".

And this is not a once in a lifetime thing, she says it about every other week...

Thank god wife would never make me choose. But, golf would always lose. Family first, every time!

I think if I was with someone that couldn't accept, or at least put up with, my golf habit, they are not the right person for me. I think it's important that you and your SO are OK with eachother's lifestyle and hobbies. Don't necessarily need to share the hobby but at least not dislike it enough they give the ultimatum.

Give up golf in a heartbeat! If it was for a good reason I'd do it with absolutely no regrets, however if it was simply because my wife hated the game I'd give it up, but make her know how miserable I was EVERY DAY!

Thank God my wife would never ask.

Then I would miss her...

There is a bigger problem if your wife asked you to give up something you love for no particular good reason. I'd cut back, already have, but everyone needs a vice.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back