Biggest Build Up to Biggest Let Down

SkyGolf with those stupid little chips or whatever you could put in your grip that basically did what GameGolf/Arrcos does.

Not only did it never happen, they won't even talk about how bad of a disaster it was. Thanks for nothing SG.
I have one of those. I'm not sure if I should be proud of that or not...

Aldila Rogue.
Everybody says they love it.
Everybody says they love the feel.

I feel as though I have drastically missed out on this one. Ball flight was fine, but the shaft felt like a steel rod and I broke one of them at the tip.

Personal opinion, the sldr line had a lot of hype about being a new view on the driver, #loftup distance for all, etc. I just don't think it delivered, and I think left a lot of people chasing numbers that didn't sit their swing...and that's saying nothing about its lack of forgiveness.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
The #loftup part was deinitely a good idea for my game, but I should have lofted up with a different driver.... the mishits are starting to take their toll. It's a great head when you're on, but if you are off that day, or if fatigue is setting in look out. The honeymoon is definitely over for me and these penalizing toe misses.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'll go with the SLDR as well. Though, it took me a while to figure that out.

Mashie hybrid for me. They were so beloved here, I knew it was going to fix everything about my golf game. And it was just bad. I tried it a few years later once my swing was a little less.... abnormal. Nope, still sucked.

I would say the R1. I tried and tried to get that thing to work, but I never could. Everyone else seemed to really like it, but I just couldn't do anything with it, no matter what setting I put it on. That was the last TM driver I've used.

Probably one of the bigger disappointments for me was the SeeMore M3 putter I tried out a couple years ago. It was my own expectations based on reading other's reviews about how a SeeMore putter had helped their putting that built my expectations up. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get it to work for me.

For me, it was the R11. I don't remember whether the build up was actually huge, or just in my own head. But I like the idea of a white driver at the time and it was going to be my first new driver since the R7, which I loved. When I hit it, it just wasn't a fit. The RazrHawk beat it hands down.

funny how different clubs work for different players - I though the R11 was great, and I have a couple friends who won't give them up.

Callaway uPro MX line for GPS.

Mine is a great paper weight though...

It is such a piece. Super slow and just terrible UI

Cobra amp cell. The stock shaft was less than stellar, and no matter what I did the ball wanted to go right. My son had the exact same complaint. Never got to try it with a decent aftermarket shaft fit to me though...

Nothing has really let me down because I simply don't get all hyped up for no reason haha. Clubs work for someone so they aren't really let downs to me

Aldila Rogue.
Everybody says they love it.
Everybody says they love the feel.

I feel as though I have drastically missed out on this one. Ball flight was fine, but the shaft felt like a steel rod and I broke one of them at the tip.

I thought I was the only one... I hit it at the ECPC and it didn't do anything for me. I have seen other people absolutely kill that thing though.

R1 for me for sure. I returned it within 24 hours.

I thought I was the only one... I hit it at the ECPC and it didn't do anything for me. I have seen other people absolutely kill that thing though.

JB killed it too, sort of....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow, I feel lucky. The worst let down for me was the Mashie M1.

BB2014 irons were a big letdown for me. Distance wasn't as advertised (well it was but I have bad eyes and didn't read the small print).

SeeMore putters... I wanted to like them, but in the end we just didn't jive. I saw/read of people having great success with them, but it didn't pan out for me.

Easily the RAZR Fit Xtreme. That whole drawn out reveal and "the longest driver in golf".

Was an absolute turd in my hands and my RAZR Fit outperformed it easily.

The 2014 Big Bertha driver. I wanted to love it but just could never get along with it.

Here's an oldie for those that remember...

The Callaway C4...what a piece of trash

Callaway XR Driver for me was the biggest disappointment. I wanted to love it but it just fell absolutely flat for me.

And it has been a bomb for me. Just goes to show why there is more than one line with the OEM's.

Biggest bust for me all time was the Callaway C4 driver. Wow! Glade they bought it back. Now I wish I still had it, just to have it.

And it has been a bomb for me. Just goes to show why there is more than one line with the OEM's.

Biggest bust for me all time was the Callaway C4 driver. Wow! Glade they bought it back. Now I wish I still had it, just to have it.
For every person that doesn't like a club there are probably 5 that like it. I will never say something is a piece of garbage just because it doesn't work for me. Tons and tons of people with way different games than me make it work just fine.

For every person that doesn't like a club there are probably 5 that like it. I will never say something is a piece of garbage just because it doesn't work for me. Tons and tons of people with way different games than me make it work just fine.

I'm not sure anyone liked the C4.

I was young but remember my Dad buying one and it was so dead. He let a lot of guys try it out and not one liked it. We went back to the store after a round and the store immediately took it back for full credit, no questions asked. We knew the owner very well and he said they were pulling them off the shelf because they were all being returned.

IIRC, I think Callaway even got involved? Maybe JB or someone in the know knows the full story. I just remember it being a complete turd for everyone I ever saw swing it.

I'm not sure anyone liked the C4.

I was young but remember my Dad buying one and it was so dead. He let a lot of guys try it out and not one liked it. We went back to the store after a round and the store immediately took it back for full credit, no questions asked. We knew the owner very well and he said they were pulling them off the shelf because they were all being returned.

IIRC, I think Callaway even got involved? Maybe JB or someone in the know knows the full story. I just remember it being a complete turd for everyone I ever saw swing it.
I was referring to the XR. Haha

Back