The Official 2015 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
These Bucs jerseys are pretty bad.

Dalton has been ****, bucs have been shockingly promising.

Easy for you to say. I have to listen to endless overly delirious fans for months. Blaaaaaaah.
She'll be in here to haha.

(As in she'll have to read all of our comments and we're all delirious fans, just look at the Vikinhs their preseason success only means Superbowl time... wait our kicker has been sucking? Crud well as long as he isn't perfect until the championship game....)

Im not a Deadspin guy, but this "article" may be the funniest I have ever read. The best part are Steelers fans talking about how ****** Steelers fans are. Hillarious.

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-s...source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

And of course, it starts with Bieber being a Steelers fan, looks at Big Ben getting away with rape and what would happen if he was "investigated" in 2014 instead of when it happened (he would have been out of the league for a while).

Lots will hate because it's the seahawks, but what Michael Bennett said in his interview the other day was hilarious. Not sure I would have said it out loud but it's pretty common knowledge I guess.

Lots will hate because it's the seahawks, but what Michael Bennett said in his interview the other day was hilarious. Not sure I would have said it out loud but it's pretty common knowledge I guess.
He tends to say stupid stuff but I'm with you, it was pretty much dead on.

He's spot on though. Tons of mediocre QBs make way too much money and they get too much protection within the rules.

You don't want to take a hit? Don't play the game

Is Scandrick officially out? Hate the preseason injuries every year

He tends to say stupid stuff but I'm with you, it was pretty much dead on.

There are plenty of guys in the league that are mediocre, get injured every year and get paid regardless of position.
I bet when/if he gets injured he wont mind continuing to get his check, and not getting waived.

Talent gets you paid, skill positions happen to get paid more in some cases (and always has in the modern era) He could have put the fork down, learned to throw and been paid too. I bet if Russell goes down, he is not too unhappy that Tarvarious gets over a million and a half a year to be a Seahawk. Think it bothers him that his backup, the rookie is going to make over a million bucks in his contract too, as a backup? Of course not.

Easy to call shots on the business side, when you can do so from far away. The locker room is different.

There are plenty of guys in the league that are mediocre, get injured every year and get paid regardless of position.
I bet when/if he gets injured he wont mind continuing to get his check, and not getting waived.

Talent gets you paid, skill positions happen to get paid more in some cases (and always has in the modern era) He could have put the fork down, learned to throw and been paid too. I bet if Russell goes down, he is not too unhappy that Tarvarious gets over a million and a half a year to play be a Seahawk. Think it bothers him that his backup, the rookie is going to make over a million bucks in his contract too, as a backup? Of course not.

Easy to call shots on the business side, when you can do so from far away. The locker room is different.
So you think Cam and Tannehill should get the money they do? He's right, average qbs in the NFL get huge contracts. Not saying I wouldn't do the same if I was a GM but it's comical.

But I was more talking about the whining.

So you think Cam and Tannehill should get the money they do? He's right, average qbs in the NFL get huge contracts. Not saying I wouldn't do the same if I was a GM but it's comical.

But I was more talking about the whining.

I dont think anybody should get the money they do, but I dont think a guy in the league making what they are should be bitching about it. I think top line should be 5 million and all starters make the same. But that will never happen. If a team is willing to pay it and cripple their future, its fine by me. Someone will pay them, if the team doesnt.

What I dont like is a guy bitching about other positions. Put the fork down fatty, learn to throw and then earn the money.
A marginal player (above average to good) signing for 30 million bucks with more than half of it guaranteed shouldnt be bitching about anybody's salary. We are talking about a guy that averages about 2 tackles a game for his career, so he is making about 750k each time he tackles someone. If you want to call him a sack guy only, great, he is making about a million bucks per sack.

Maybe he should use some judgement and realize how overpaid he is as a player and quit worrying about another team. After all, if another team is vastly overpaying mediocre talent (which is what they did with him), it should make it easier on the Seahawks.

one worker has died and another injured after falling from the roof of the new Minnesota stadium.

Isnt that kind of life as a roofer? Nobody wants tragedy, but there is a reason the WC insurance rates are astronomical due to the safety of the job at hand. Not sure what it has to do with the NFL though.

It's on a NFL stadium. So I thought it was relevant

pretty sure that when the metrodome roof collapsed people posted about it in here.

depending on if they find some wrongdoing it could cause a delay in the opening of the stadium which could impact home games.

pretty sure that when the metrodome roof collapsed people posted about it in here.
Not in this thread. The Metrodome collapsed in 2010, this is the 2015 thread. :wink:

Just saw an early report from Redskins camp that Jr. Galette has a torn Achilles. Don't have a link but saw it on NFL Live as a breaking news report.

Going to the Chiefs-Titans game tonight. We'll stay through the first half. Longer if the rain holds off.

Have fun.

Never been to any kind of nfl game, on the bucket list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back