The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I start the "THE Florida State Criminoles" thread so we can keep their indiscretions separate?

I see what you did there...

This is going to be a fun little thread this year. I have a good feeling about this.

Karma for Spurrier...Still no THE however.

From the LA times last year:
WASHINGTON — The University of Southern California shut out the University of South Carolina in the Supreme Court on Monday as the justices let stand a trademark ruling holding that the interlocking letters "SC" are the registered mark of the sports teams based in Los Angeles.
The high court turned down an appeal from USC in Columbia, S.C., which since 1997 has sought to register its own "SC" logo for the sale of sports merchandise. [...]
"We are pleased the Supreme Court did the right thing and ended this after 13 years," said Michael Adler, a Los Angeles lawyer for USC. "We'd rather beat them on the football field than fight them in litigation, but if they won this, they could have used this [logo] on any merchandise." [...]
"We have always been 'SC,'" Adler said, "and we were there first."

So it was actually the anti-"the" fighting to just be SC.

I'm confused...USCe is in SC...yet can't use SC?!? and USCw is in CA...so they get SC?

This is going to be a fun little thread this year. I have a good feeling about this.

g1334172921870789359.jpg

They do? I thought they just put a letter next to the school to signify the coast? Where have I been where I missed Spurrier adding THE to a meaningless program.
Yea, I've seen it, not here but other places.

They both call themselves the USC, the original.

So Illinois just fired their HC.

Yea, I've seen it, not here but other places.

They both call themselves the USC, the original.

So Illinois just fired their HC.
Hahaha, did they really. I saw him mentioned as the first coach to get canned, I don't think anyone would have thought it would have been on August.

Yea, something to do about an internal review regarding the treatment of injured players. I didn't catch it all.

Yea, something to do about an internal review regarding the treatment of injured players. I didn't catch it all.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with his 4-20 big ten record.

I'm sure that had something to do with it.

A combination of failures.

I'm sure that had something to do with it.

A combination of failures.
Looks like they don't owe him his buy out since they fired him for cause.

We have what feels like an unusually solid schedule for opening weekend. Only one battle of top 25 teams but we have 10 top 25 teams playing power conference opponents., including OSU-VT, Auburn v Louisville, ND v Texas, AZ St vs Tamu, UCLA vs USA, Boise vs UW, and TCU vs Minnesota.

Should be a good weekend.

From the LA times last year:

WASHINGTON — The University of Southern California shut out the University of South Carolina in the Supreme Court on Monday as the justices let stand a trademark ruling holding that the interlocking letters "SC" are the registered mark of the sports teams based in Los Angeles.
The high court turned down an appeal from USC in Columbia, S.C., which since 1997 has sought to register its own "SC" logo for the sale of sports merchandise. [...]
"We are pleased the Supreme Court did the right thing and ended this after 13 years," said Michael Adler, a Los Angeles lawyer for USC. "We'd rather beat them on the football field than fight them in litigation, but if they won this, they could have used this [logo] on any merchandise." [...]
"We have always been 'SC,'" Adler said, "and we were there first."

So it was actually the anti-"the" fighting to just be SC.

Haha.

Suck it, gamecocks.

nobody outside the state of SC calls uses "USC" to refer to the university of south carolina. likewise, no one outside that armpit of a state refers to them as "Carolina" either.

Does anybody outside of South Carolina mention that school at all?
And I have to admit, its pretty funny to hear one carolina bag on another....

nobody outside the state of SC calls uses "USC" to refer to the university of south carolina. likewise, no one outside that armpit of a state refers to them as "Carolina" either.

They are USC to me, but I usually will put USCe when typing their name.

just giving them a hard time but in any other place on the planet than the state of SC, UNC is "Carolina"

Do they have a football team?

Do they have a football team?
Of course they do.

If you asked if they had a relevant team my answer would be very different.

This thread just got more readable since the Tosu guys left to start their own country.

We have what feels like an unusually solid schedule for opening weekend. Only one battle of top 25 teams but we have 10 top 25 teams playing power conference opponents., including OSU-VT, Auburn v Louisville, ND v Texas, AZ St vs Tamu, UCLA vs USA, Boise vs UW, and TCU vs Minnesota.

Should be a good weekend.

That ASU/TAMU game should be nuts. Take the over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back