What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
42 39for an 81 with a bunch of western New York THPers at ravenwood golf course in rochester. Great time was had by all

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

43/44 87 - couldn't find a fairway if my life depended upon it. Felt like the entire round was crappy drive, recovery shot to chipping/pitching distance, 2 putt bogey. Wash, rinse, repeat.

41/43 - 84

42 39for an 81 with a bunch of western New York THPers at ravenwood golf course in rochester. Great time was had by all

I'm looking forward to teeing it up with you one of these days you old coot !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46/46 for a 92 it the best round I've posted in months and I saw some rays of sunshine through the clouds.

44/40 for an 84 today at Ravenwood GC with a great group of THPers. A little rusty at the start, but got better as the round went on.

Played today but it turned into a practice round as conditions were horrible with constant rain for the first 9 holes, and continued wet conditions for the back 9. Had 2 birdies, one of which was a chip in with my new PM grind wedge. Love that thing!

Went out and played 18 in 2 hrs. My mind of pace! 44/39 for 83. I thought I had a good round going front 9 until I had 3 doubles in a row

Carded my lowest round of the year , an 80! With my personal best of the season as well 2 birdies. Had 2 three putts which were 15 feet or less away. And 2 double bogeys. Hitting the ball not bad , with 12/14 fairways and 9/18 GIR. And 33 putts. For an off day I will take this and smile.
a759f7c41b9487ba60722bd0efb05a11.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Great job, buddy! Keep it up!

How are you feeling buddy?

Getting a little better, brother. I was able to play Friday and plan to play again tomorrow. I still have to keep doing the decompression and physical therapy. But, I can live with that as long as I can still play golf. Unless I do something foolish, it should be okay.

I was watching you guys on periscope for awhile until I lost the signal. You looked great Mike!

Great job, buddy! Keep it up!
Thanks Nate,it felt great to play well again. Looking forward to lowering the score again next round

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

What did you shoot today?

79 and I won the 2nd flight of our City Tournament! Woo-hoo!!!!

I was flirting with 75 until my third to last hole when I stepped in a hole and almost broke my left ankle! I finished out not being able to put weight on the front foot and went bogey-bogey-double.

To finish like that and still be in the 70's?! So awesome.

Crazy thing is I only hit 5 fairways, but I hit 12 greens! I burned the edge on three birdie putts inside 15 feet, but sank one on # 10 that was about 45'!

It was a fun day! Glad to be in the 70's again!!!

42-45 for an 87. I did game the tips today though and they were set back. I just choked and too many holes. It also got super slow on the back nine. Not an excuse but more of a cause lol.

Overall solid ball striking and some great shots. Gotta eliminate the hideous shots though.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

45/41 for an 86 at The Wilds, never really got it going on the front, couldn't get any putts to drop and lost a few balls.

Played much better on the back, finished double/double for a 41 with 3 doubles on the back, 2 of them following birdies.

On the bright side I finally found my driver and drove both 300 yard par 4s they have, and my iron play was good, just need to tidy things up around and on the green mostly.

I started strong, two under after four but screwed up both par threes on the front. Then had a rough spell on the back before pulling it back together. Driving was good, approaches not so good, putting spotty at best, four double bogies (ugh), three bogies, three birdies, eight pars. 80 (38, 42)

88! So disappointed.

I should be in the high 70's, maybe 80.
My wedges and putting are killing me. Had my gapwedge doing 70meters and 135 meters.. Same club, bad and a good hit. Can't score like that :(

Did have a birdie on the second hole as I holed a 50+ footer. Got lucky.

42/39 - 81. 36 putts. 10 GIRs.

It flooded on and off on the front 9, but cleared up on the back. The weather really made me focus on putting solid swings on the ball and not trying to be too precise. I played some solid golf, but struggled on really wet greens. Stayed in the fairway most of the day and my misses weren't terrible. Had a lot of confidence in my wedge game today, too. Was giving 6 pops and fought back to win my match 2&1. Had a nice string of pars rolling on the back until I had a bad hiccup 3-putt on 16.

Maybe I should play in the rain more often.

5sny7vI.png

I'm looking forward to teeing it up with you one of these days you old coot !

lol...old is a state of mind and my mind says I am .....old....lol . I turn 55 in a couple of weeks and I tell my son six4three5 I am moving up to the senior tees...lol

An ugly 83 yesterday. My putting has been phenomenal lately but yesterday it just disappeared. I 3 putted five holes and missed four 3 footers. Ugghhh.

Shot a 76 on Saturday with 37 putts. I've never hit my irons better, but I putted like my 4-year old son. On the first five holes on the back, I hit every green and my longest birdie putt was about 15 feet (I actually made that one). I was +1 on those holes. Sometimes I blew it by, sometimes I was woefully short, and sometimes I just flat out missed short ones. Insanely frustrating.

41-42 = 83 on a par 72. Played with mpeterson and gr8dryv today, the company was excellent. I struck the ball better on the front but had a double bogey and triple bogey mixed in there; I didn't hit it as well on the back but didn't make any big numbers there. I'm still struggling with missing left with my driver, but I didn't put my tee shots in any really big trouble today so that was nice. The guy that we got paired with to complete our foursome was a former club pro....he played the tips and it was impressive to see how a really good player hits his shots.

41-42 = 83 on a par 72. Played with mpeterson and gr8dryv today, the company was excellent. I struck the ball better on the front but had a double bogey and triple bogey mixed in there; I didn't hit it as well on the back but didn't make any big numbers there. I'm still struggling with missing left with my driver, but I didn't put my tee shots in any really big trouble today so that was nice. The guy that we got paired with to complete our foursome was a former club pro....he played the tips and it was impressive to see how a really good player hits his shots.

So jealous of you guys

Got out again today and shot 84 (44,40). Had a great ball striking day ruined by atrocious putting (36 putts, 3 3-putts). Even my good putts lipped out and laughed at me. Hit 13 of 14 fairways. The one I missed was because I was trying to hit a hook and just closed the face and hit it left into the first cut--no real problem. Hit 8 GIR, but that's about normal for me. I'm going to take a couple or three putters to the range tomorrow and see if I can find one that'll work. Really, the couple of hours practice is what I need no matter which putter I use. Also plan a little practice chipping because that's an important part of my game and this damn Bermuda is almost as tough to chip on as it is to putt.

Does it get boring when you're always in the fairway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back