Paint cracking on R9 SuperTri?

SamYYZ

Reaction score
Hi all,

Having just bought new golf clubs for the first time in 10 years, I'm not sure how fragile/delicate modern clubs are.

I accidentally hit the mat at the range today (too much "down" on the downswing) and this happened to the paint on the bottom:

4780748980_4e4c489b81_b.jpg

Am I wrong in thinking this is a little disappointing? It really wasn't that hard of a whack, just a bad swing...

I don't want to feel like I'm playing with a delicate instrument instead of a sturdy club.

- Sam

Wow. Where'd you buy it from? I'd be contacting TaylorMade and surely they'll take care of you.

I think I'd cry if that happened to my baby!

i'd just contact TM directly if it were me. sucks man, i hope that gets worked out for you.

If they are an authorized seller, I would contact the store. I have used 5 different SuperTris and not seen this at all. I would definitely contact the store asap.

wow that sucks sam, best of luck getting it resolved quickly

hey sam i had a similar situation happen with my r9 irons. bought them on ebay from an authorized seller for taylormade clubs and had a problem with an iron and contacted the store where i bought and he contacted taylormade directly and they are sending me a new iron. you should have no problem getting it fixed.. goodluck!

Man I'd cry if that were me

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ok, I've emailed the store and I'll call TM directly on Monday.

Hoping the don't classify this as "normal wear and tear" or some such thing. :beat-up:

Ok, I've emailed the store and I'll call TM directly on Monday.

Hoping the don't classify this as "normal wear and tear" or some such thing. :beat-up:

I'm willing to bet they'll take care of ya.

TM is really good about customer service and this kinda thing i had a problem with an R9 iron and they sent me a replacement within like three weeks

Well that's good news, hopefully.

Dumb question, but I'm assuming they had you ship the original club in?

Ok so I took it into Golf Town.. local chain here in Ontario that's an authorized TM dealer. They took one look at it and said they'd send it in to TM for assessment, and thought they'd probably just replace it.

Good news!

Now the only problem is I'm not sure what to do for a driver for my tourney on the 20th! Doh!

ask the store if they will give u a driver to play with while your waiting to get yours back?

Hey all,

Just wanted everyone to know that TM sent me a brand new driver. Great service!

Thanks for encouraging me to send it in, I'm glad I did.

- Sam

thats great news. enjoy it

Back