Hit Me With Your Best Shot

JR

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have a shot that you are just really good at, or that you feel really comfortable with?

For me it is the flop. I used to not be able to do it, but I started practicing by hitting over a 18 foot tree. I eventually got it down, and am getting better at controling my distances. I can make the ultra high flop (which is necesary on my home course) over trees with as little as 2 feet of clearance. Now if I could just get my long irons, woods, driver and putter to behave...

i love hitting knock down shots with my scoring irons and wedges. i find it cool that i can hit a pw 40 yards or 130 yards with some decent precision.

ok its really weird anytime i have a weird green, i like to take my 52* and i hit this low stinger with a lot of check i normally get within gimme range its amazing

i love hitting knock down shots with my scoring irons and wedges. i find it cool that i can hit a pw 40 yards or 130 yards with some decent precision.

Cool. I am still working on consistacy with that shot, but someday...

Lately, my bunker game (fairway and greenside) has been insane...all based on a tip I heard on TV (soft sand, swing fast, hard sand...swing slow). I obviously have been spending too much time there.

Gotta be the lob shot for me as well. When it's on like it was this week I feel like I can make shots from anywhere and I see it rub off on all of my game. However, these last two times out it was suddenly my long irons. I've worked very hard on these and a new swing has emerged that is sickeningly straight and long, for me. I still flop with the 56* CG14, but the new 60* CG15 will be in the mix soon.

My pitching and chipping game is good. I like hitting high flops the most but the little bump and runs are fun too. Thats the one part of my game I have the most confidence in.

did i take the title of the thread a little to literally?

I gotta say the flop. It should be considering the number of wedges I tote. I just like making the ball fly high. Fly high, fly free little Fuzz. Find your home.

Out of the sand. I would rather be in the bunker then have to pitch on to the green.

For me, it's the short bump-n-run. Any time I'm like 5-40 yards from the front of the green with no obstructions I'll always just pull my 3 wood or hybrid and use my putting grip and stroke.

I gotta say the flop. It should be considering the number of wedges I tote. I just like making the ball fly high. Fly high, fly free little Fuzz. Find your home.

73.... WTH. What do you do with that? Knock birds out of the air.
I only tote 1 wedge, a 56*/12 * bounce. I am hoping to win a set of xfts on here. Still though, I am fairly adept with it.

give me a wedge anywhere inside 100yrds... flops... bump n runs... bladed putts... i can get it close
that or my 4w... thats the only club in the bag that i can kill everytime i hit it... it even goes farther than my driver at times =/

Full 56° from 75 yards. It's almost scary how close I come to the exact same distance every time with that shot. The other day I decided that 75 yards is my new "number" to hit to. Love that shot.

I'm great with a pull (slight draw at the end). Seriously though I aim right and let the club go. Its for that in between distance. I pull out the lower club and I get the extra yardage with decent stop!

A putt from about 6 inches is deadly accurate for me.

Good one james!!!

My "number" has become 125 yards out and I use my 42* niblick to hit the shot.

Other than being deadly accurate on finding any water hazard, 125-130 with an easy 9 for me.

I love the 80 yard, 3-quarter-swing knock down wedge. When I have that shot, my mind immediately believes that I can get it within 5 feet everytime.

I also frequently play at links-style courses with very high wind. I have become quite adept at hitting very low, drawing stingers. If only I can get better at using the hybrid to putt from 30 feet off the green.

Back