What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot even par 71 today. That's probably the worst it could have been. Driver was on, it must know a new SF 9.5 is in the mail. Irons were good. Putting was my nemisis. Left putts just short all day. Hole 1 missed a birdie by an inch, hole two missed a par by an inch, hole 5 left a downhill putt 6" short. My lines were great but JUST short all day.

Also lost a match play against a buddy. Gave him a stroke a hole and he shot 89, first time I've seen him break 90. Oh well, it was fun and can't complain about playing golf on a wednesday afternoon.

Good stuff AZ, 71 would be a killer score for me, but anything under 80 is.

Putting has always been the best part of my game until this year. I've been doing the exact same thing, great line, just leaving them short and often on the lip. A guy pointed out to me that I had the ball way too far under me, which I've always done to some degree, but moving it out just a tad helped on my last time out. Keep bringing those low rounds and congrats to your buddy!

congrats everybody on your rounds! too damn hot to golf here have to wait till the weekend and go out early!

I hear that. I won't take any tee time later than 9A or earlier than 4P nowadays.

Good round AZ- isn't that funny how once you get a new club on order your old one starts producing like crazy? I swear they know.....

Last night at league we had a 2 man Chapman and my partner (DakotaGolfer) and I turned in a 39, not bad but not great. Then we went out and played 9 more and I shot a 38. I was nervous that my hot streak had come to an end because over the weekend I played in a beer drinking tournament and while having a lot of fun drinking beers I shot like a dog. But it looks like things are just fine so all it good!!

Shot an 87 yesterday at Tokastiks in Gilbert/Mesa (I live in Gilbert and its close lol). I was nervous teeing up on this course. Like literally shaking. I know its stupid but i havent played there in 6 months and I just shot my best round a few weeks ago. The last time this course ate me up. So I guess it was just nerves, kinda dumb but anyway I started off bad.

Front 9
Par 36
Score 44

2/7 FIR
4/9 GIR

Back 9
Par 36
Score 43
FIR o lol (but they were real close.. normally just on the first cut)
GIR 3/9 (same as above.. just missing in some cases)

I woulda score much better except for a couple putts that I just hit instead of maintaining focus. Woulda put me at 85 and then I had a triple on a par 3. Something I would take over a hard fought double as I hit my 7 iron on the screw and flew the green right into the water. I had a birdie on a par 5 which I hit a 25 footer to seal the deal. Sorry for the long read I'm just excited my game is coming together. My FIR doesnt really show my driver but I wasnt hitting out of trouble so it was awesome and much easier because I wasn't scrambling. I hitting greens too. Awesome day with ball striking.

Played 9 holes at the Desert Rose in Las Vegas today with a client. Nothing like a breakfast round of golf! I shot a 46 on the front nine. Would have broke 45 except for my crappy fairway play (see rant in Equipment Pondering sticky).

Clubs are going to be on hiatus for a couple weeks. My tendonitis in my wrist is acting up and I don't want to not be able to play my best in September at PGA National.

Shot an 88 (47, 41) today. The say drive for show, putt for dough but my driver was off and it makes a big difference in my game. I've got a case of the pulls lately...gotta work it out!

Shot an 87 yesterday at Tokastiks in Gilbert/Mesa (I live in Gilbert and its close lol). I was nervous teeing up on this course. Like literally shaking. I know its stupid but i havent played there in 6 months and I just shot my best round a few weeks ago. The last time this course ate me up. So I guess it was just nerves, kinda dumb but anyway I started off bad.

Front 9
Par 36
Score 44

2/7 FIR
4/9 GIR

Back 9
Par 36
Score 43
FIR o lol (but they were real close.. normally just on the first cut)
GIR 3/9 (same as above.. just missing in some cases)

I woulda score much better except for a couple putts that I just hit instead of maintaining focus. Woulda put me at 85 and then I had a triple on a par 3. Something I would take over a hard fought double as I hit my 7 iron on the screw and flew the green right into the water. I had a birdie on a par 5 which I hit a 25 footer to seal the deal. Sorry for the long read I'm just excited my game is coming together. My FIR doesnt really show my driver but I wasnt hitting out of trouble so it was awesome and much easier because I wasn't scrambling. I hitting greens too. Awesome day with ball striking.

Great round Yoccos! Glad to hear you are striking it well!

Played 9 holes at the Desert Rose in Las Vegas today with a client. Nothing like a breakfast round of golf! I shot a 46 on the front nine. Would have broke 45 except for my crappy fairway play (see rant in Equipment Pondering sticky).

Clubs are going to be on hiatus for a couple weeks. My tendonitis in my wrist is acting up and I don't want to not be able to play my best in September at PGA National.

Sorry to hear about your wrist Mary. I hope it heals quickly.

great rounds everyone!

hey Mary C. I'm no expert but wouldnt graphite shafts on your irons help you bad wrist alot?

Shot a 96 today. Very windy this morning...even when I thought I was taking enough club still was short, and way too many 3-putts today for my liking.

But the highlight of the day, finally birdied the #1 handicap hole at this course (or at least my #1 hc hole).

Nice work there KB bringing it around the back. Hopefully the pulls leave as quickly as they showed up!
Shot an 88 (47, 41) today. The say drive for show, putt for dough but my driver was off and it makes a big difference in my game. I've got a case of the pulls lately...gotta work it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff on that birdie!
Shot a 96 today. Very windy this morning...even when I thought I was taking enough club still was short, and way too many 3-putts today for my liking.

But the highlight of the day, finally birdied the #1 handicap hole at this course (or at least my #1 hc hole).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot a 90 on my first round at a new club that I just joined. Pretty rough day.

Pretty solid day today. D_Dub and I got together for a round and boy was it hot. Dub played well again, although he had some bad breaks on the back nine to cost him. I shot 40/41 81. The round felt good although I never did get the driver to perform very well. Chipping and putting finally got on a good roll with 31 putts and one chip-in from about 30 feet off the green. I was chipping close all day, so kind of took the pressure off my putting.

nice round duey!

nice round duey!

Thanks SH. Hope to keep it up a little longer for a scramble today, lol. I can't say I played real well, drives and irons were pretty so so today, but got enough good chips and putts to go. I had one triple bogey, haha, still shot a 40 on the front. Pretty crazy for me.

I put a 102 up on the board yesterday playing with friends. Could of been a bit better, had 2 blow up holes thanks to some short game problems (my old nemesis) and 1 hole on the back when I had a lousy drive then a stupid decision for a second shot caused my doom there. Other than that kept up with my buddies ( all mid-80s golers), especially on the back 9.

Tee time @ 7:30 today since heat index expected to reach 110.

Best score on 9 ever!!!

Total Score 80 (36, 44) Not dwelling on back 9...front felt way too good!

Birdies: 5 (4 on front)
Pars: 6
Bogeys: 2
Double Bogeys: 4
Triple Bogeys: 1

I went to the range and hit 15 balls using my 7 iron on the Medicus Vision Track before I played. A friend of mine hit a few balls off of it too. She was amazed at how well she hit them. It is really helping my iron game.

The biggest improvement in my game is my mental game. I started the back nine with a triple and 2 doubles but stayed in the game and never got upset. I then had 4 pars and a birdie but finished with a double. I haven't finished reading the book "Golf is not a Game of Perfect" yet but it is making a difference in the way I think out there.

NO PULLS WITH MY DRIVER! YIPPEE!

Last edited:
Today I only managed to play 9 holes. My left thumb is still bothering me - to the point where I can't make a regular swing, I had to keep that thumb against the index finger of the left hand or it just hurts to much to swing. Still pulled off a 49, which I thought was pretty good with that grip and about a 2/3 swing at best possible.

Can't wait for this thing to heal up though...

nice round kellybo! feel better osahar!

Shot an 83 today but it was a good round that could have been much lower. I shot 39 on the front and a 44 on the back with only one blowup hole that ended up being a triple bogey. I have been working on my driver all week and absolutely striped it today! I only missed one fairway with it, the rest were straight up the gut around 270-280. I was swinging within myself and didn't feel out of control. My irons were a little off today to the left but distances were spot on. I think my grip was a touch strong so I will weaken it a touch tomorrow. The greens were a tad slow so I left a few birds short but I'll take tap in pars any day. I enjoyed the round quite a bit today, I know it could have been alot lower but thats just around the corner.

Shot a 90 this morning, been in a slump ever since I shot my best score of 87 2 weeks ago. The Diablo Edge driver is working really well!!!

nice round tander! gotta love the Edge baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back