What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're gonna have to tighten that arse by the time you hit Kinderlou hoss!

I wasn't playing with the money group so I was trying some things...a different driver shaft and the back tees which turned out to be a bad mix.

short course with a soft par 34, managed 3 penalty strokes and turned in a 44...ironically, the one that set it off is I have a history of mis-hits when the Marshal rolls by so I clubbed down to "keep in in the fairway" on the softest hole on the course...and promptly duck-hooked it ob. Laying three off the tee, took frustration tee shot with the 3w I would have teed off with had he not been there and left it about 10 yards short of the green, chipped to about 5'...of course I missed that, but still...always play the right club, don't let nonsense get in my head, right? 2 of my 3 penalties were "I am going to play smart golf" club selections. Not so smart...

Those 1 or 2 swings are so frustrating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's my biggest issue right now is my misses are so penalizing. I just have to find a way to keep those misses in play.

Play blades lol

Edit

In all honesty, that's why I gravitate toward blades or player cavities that don't provide obscene distances on misses since my misses tend to be face to path related
Yes yes yes to all of this.
I had a good round going Saturday and then tossed my tee shots OB on 12 and 13. Gut punch.
It really doesn't take much to add 4 strokes to the card sometimes.

Was my best round of the year on Sunday!! Plus the guy in my group made a HOLE IN ONE!

Shot an 82-- 40/42. With 1 birdie.

Was +7 with 2 holes to play for a shot at 79.

What did you shoot today?

112e38d0f6b4ccb181f58c6f9751f704.jpg

This was Saturday's round of 42-38 for an 80. The catch with Saturday was that I used driver ONCE! The entire round I used a 5 wood off the tee and was hitting it within 10 yards of what my normal drives were hitting. I couldn't believe it. The short shaft and faster club head speed made things so much easier for me. On the back 9 I hit 100% of fairways. I only had two poorly played holes but overall put myself in play and exactly where I wanted to be. I think the driver is gonna start getting a little dusty if the 5 wood keeps up like this!

As for an interesting stat I noticed. I was -1 for holes where I made the green in regulation. I made 50% of my GIR. Tells me I gotta be a little more accurate and work on those second shots.

Last edited:
Yesterday in my club championship I shot a slightly disappointing 88 (nett +2)

Front 9 par 37 - 41 (+4)
Back 9 par 35 - 47 (+12)

Talk about a tale of 2 nines.....I do know the reason for the poor back 9 as it was the most I have done since being laid out with the flu - I only came back to work on Wednesday last week so had a couple days of work then 18 holes on the Sunday which turned out to be just too soon after getting back on my feet

If I had been able to eliminate the doubles and the triple on the back 9 I would have been looking at a back 9 score of somewhere in the region of 41/42 which would have left me either level or 1 shot behind the winning score in my division

77 saturday.. even 5 over grrrrr.. 9 1 putts ,5 in a row. sunday 76 1 over 3over 8 1 putts and missed 6 birdie putts inside 10 feet.

41/41 for an 82. Just couldn't get some putts to drop and had a tee shot OOB that led to a double on the front. Such a nice day out today though.

97. First time swinging a club in several weeks. I swapped out drivers for my old diablo octane tour and voila! No more duck hooks. Its actually more of a fade now. Im gonna try to build on that the next time out.

41-39 for 80 on a par 72. Stupid triple bogey on 5 kept me from breaking 80. I didn't hit many greens today, but the wedges and putter were on point, only had 29 putts today.

Good putt'n tex. I hate when One hole keeps you from a good score
41-39 for 80 on a par 72. Stupid triple bogey on 5 kept me from breaking 80. I didn't hit many greens today, but the wedges and putter were on point, only had 29 putts today.

Played 27 holes yesterday and Springbrook Golf Club in Lima Ohio. Shot 44/37/40. Par is 36 on front and 35 on back. The 37 was 7 pars and 2 bogeys. With one of those bogeys being a 3 putt. As well as a bunch of 2 putt pars. Was a fun round.

Just finished the 2nd half of my work league and finished in 1st place for the 2nd half. Next week the first half winners play us and it happens to be one of my best buddies from work.

43/40-83. Front nine had 20+ mph wind with gusts up to 40 mph. Hung in there really well, kept it in play and was happy with the 43. Wind died down on the back and was able to get into a groove. Driver was great all day. Couldn't really make a putt though. All in all, happy with my round today.

Dissapointing 91 tonight. Havent played in 10 days and it showed. Drove the ball well and was hitting fairways. Couldnt hit a wedge to save my life inside 100 yards,which is so weird for me. Putted at my average with a total of 36 putts (only 3 3 putts). I think my wedges are mad at me because they know they are getting replaced in the next couple weeks. My new MD2 52 degree wedge was so money tonight, I cant wait till the 56 comes Thursday.

I blew an all timer today! Shot 33/45-78 (+6) at The Majestic at Lake Walden from the blues (70.9/130) in Michigan.

I played so well on the front and my putting drove the bus. Eagled #2 by dropping a 60+ footer, then dropped a 25 foot birdie putt on #4 and a 15 footer on #7. Was -4 going to #9 but had to take an unplayable that resulted in a bogey, but had to make a 20 foot putt to save that bogey. That 33 is a new PB for 9 holes!!!

Started the back with two straight pars but then somehow I completely lost my tempo and focus and finished out the last 7 holes +9 with 2 triples in there. I hit 10 of the first 11 GIR but only 1 green after that. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I discovered that I lost my brand new rangefinder as I was unloading my clubs from the car. So frustrating.

I blew an all timer today! Shot 33/45-78 (+6) at The Majestic at Lake Walden from the blues (70.9/130) in Michigan.

I played so well on the front and my putting drove the bus. Eagled #2 by dropping a 60+ footer, then dropped a 25 foot birdie putt on #4 and a 15 footer on #7. Was -4 going to #9 but had to take an unplayable that resulted in a bogey, but had to make a 20 foot putt to save that bogey. That 33 is a new PB for 9 holes!!!

Started the back with two straight pars but then somehow I completely lost my tempo and focus and finished out the last 7 holes +9 with 2 triples in there. I hit 10 of the first 11 GIR but only 1 green after that. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I discovered that I lost my brand new rangefinder as I was unloading my clubs from the car. So frustrating.

I know how ya feel but great shooting! There is some kind of subconscious pressure a good front 9 does to our swing!

43/42=85 at Twin City from the white tees. 10/14 FWs, 32 putts with not 3 putts, no birdies. 2 doubles, both on missed FWs and the rough beat me us both times. Played with a good friend and he had a really rough day, but we both had a great time being together.

I know how ya feel but great shooting! There is some kind of subconscious pressure a good front 9 does to our swing!

For sure! Great to be in that spot though, and maybe I won't eff it up next time haha

80 (42-38). 35 mph wind and first round with my new Brisgestone J15cb. Overall, I'm very pleased and definitely love the irons.

Played in a 4-man scramble yesterday and shot -10, 62. It might as well have been a 3-man because one guy never plays. He decided he was a left-handed golfer halfway through the round and started flipping the driver over and trying to hit it lefty. It didn't go so well.

I played pretty damn well and I was worried because I couldn't hit a golf shot to save my life over the weekend. Hit a ton of greens and drove it really well, even made a few birdie putts. We won 1st place in the 2nd flight and I won 2 out of 3 split the pots on the par 3s, so it ended up being a pretty profitable day.

Played with EaglevsFalcon and his buddy Mike today. Shot a BAD 46/41-87 and still had a great time. Nearly half of my 40 putts came on 6 holes (5-3 jack and 1 laughable 4 putt) after hitting 10 FIR and GIR. Ended the 3 rounds with a birdie streak too.

Greens were really tricky inside 6 feet, just couldn't tell what they were going to do the first time playing there. I suspect I'd do a lot better a second time 'round, yeah, that's it! Thoroughly enjoyed the course and the company as Nate is a great guy and heck of a golfer.

Last edited:
A whopping round today. Windy and fast.
63/42 105 GHIN to 98. An 11 (two OB from the tee) on a par 4. Three snowmen, one on a par 3.
And I played the last 6 holes in +1.
What a day!

A whopping round today. Windy and fast.
63/42 105 GHIN to 98. An 11 (two OB from the tee) on a par 4. Three snowmen, one on a par 3.
And I played the last 6 holes in +1.
What a day!

Ouch! Tale of two 9s for sure.

They tightened the greens, faster and more break so I didn't make a putt all day with 36 putts. 84 (40,44)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back