The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Thanks everyone! I still cant quite grasp the fact that Im headed to this event but the shock is starting to wear off and be replaced by excitement!

Now you and the team go out there and bring home that belt!

Congrats PhillyV!!

Congrats PhillyV! Gotta be running on such good vibes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats PhillyV!

Anyone excited for the next teammate? Nah me neither ? ha.

What are all the already chosen participants up to with their preparation? Anything exciting?!

Thanks everyone! I still cant quite grasp the fact that Im headed to this event but the shock is starting to wear off and be replaced by excitement!
You're going to kill it Phil!

You were killing it at Liita, and it sounds like you've upped your game a ton since then.

Shoes to fill, some one will take up that roll today. Filing the shoes of those that have walked before them. Pretty freak'n sweet if you ask me.

California dreaming right now. Put me in coach...

Congrats Tbaker34!

Team Redemption squad is taking shape. Good luck to those already picked and those forthcoming.

Another two are into the fold JUST LIKE THAT and now 3 spots remain for #TeamRedemption!

I said no closed doors, and I meant it, so I'm posting EXACTLY what I sent to Philly and Tbaker this morning here for all of you to see, it includes the "pillars" I posted before, but I'm sure some missed it so its worth putting up again. Believe me, I mean it from the bottom of my heart when I say that #TeamRedemption is bringing this thing to ALL OF YOU regardless of if you get your ticket punched or not. New year, new outlook. Hell yes!

Here's what was sent:

Hey gents, first off I want to say CONGRATULATIONS! Phil, bravo on taking the MVP golden ticket home and TB way to go on "Absolute Perfection" dude!

You two are going to be critical parts to what we want to accomplish in December, but remember it goes way beyond competition and WE have a job to do all we can to both try to bring the belt home to THP as well as making damn sure this event lives on for YEARS to come and for future members to enjoy. You've no doubt heard me talk about my emphasis on everything being in the open for the FORUM this year because and no closed doors, and as such this exact PM is going to get put up in #TheGrandaddy thread as soon as I send it to you two.

I know you both saw it when I posted it before, but I'm also going to insert in our "Five Pillars" to this, its all things I truly believe in from the bottom of my heart and I have zero doubt that we will all be "all in" on this one for everyone. We have beeen afforded the opportunity of a lifetime, literally, golf will NEVER be the same for any of us, how kick ass is that?

So....

1)Don’t be a Richard
It’s sounds funny and makes us laugh, but truer words have never been spoken by one Harry Arnett as it pertains to #TheGrandaddy, don’t be a dick. This is the ULTIMATE amateur golf event EVER put into action. We are being brought to California by Callaway with ALL EXPENSES taken care of, getting a full bag of brand new fit for us gear, hanging out with some of the best PEOPLE in the entire golf industry, setting foot on a course most of us would otherwise only DREAM of getting the chance to, how effin cool is that??? Remember that through it all. Be competitive, yes, want to win, yes, but be humble too and know that you are now part of a VERY small fraternity. Don’t ruin the experience for yourself, or for others in the future, DON’T BE A RICHARD.

2)Make it about the Community – No Closed Doors
Previous years have had group chats, Facebook pages, whatever, in an effort to build team chemistry and such. Now, I’m not at all saying that is right or wrong, but I am saying this year is different. No closed doors. Everything we discuss, will be right there on the forum to make damn sure everyone is included and part of every bit of it that they want it be. It’s why this “outline” that will go to #TeamRedemption members will be posted in #TheGrandaddy thread. INCLUSION. We should do all we can to remember that this is a community and it is BECAUSE of that, that we have been afforded such an insane opportunity.

The fact of the matter is there will be TONS of people who never ever click on any of #TheGrandaddy threads after the team is finalized. But many will, and IMO we should make them as much a part of this journey as we possibly can, because when it’s time to put the peg in the ground we will all want and need them there for us as we try to bring the belt to THP. When things are behind closed doors, it’s just an even bigger turnoff to those who try to get involved. Again, it’s not a knock on the past, but it’s a path that we are going to take differently, for better or worse and I have no problem taking full responsibility for that in the end.

3)Forum and Social Media Matter
The forum matters. Posts matter. Social media matters. We are getting to go on a journey that will LITERALLY change our golfing lives FOREVER. We are insanely blessed to have this chance, and as such I would really hope that everyone realizes that posts on the forum and being engaging on social media matter. There is no quota set out, there is no minimum expectations, and you should all be able to judge for yourselves if you are doing all that you feel like you should be in order to do this event the justice it deserves. But, if you vanish, don’t get mad when I post up asking where you are and what’s up, I would expect my teammates to do the exact same of me, and we are all accountable to each other and to THP.

Don’t just stay in #TheGrandaddy thread. Spread the love! When you practice, post in the practice thread. When you hit new gear, post in that thread and talk about it. TAKE IT TO THE FORUM as a whole, the more you do that, the more others that might not ever set foot in #TheGrandaddy thead become engaged and invested in supporting THP in this quest for the belt.

4)Play YOUR game and to YOUR Cap
This one is MASSIVE for me, and I cannot state it enough. Practice and play to improve YOU. This is NOT about dropping your handicap as low as you can to try and impress or show how much you have been “working”. The key here isn’t low cap, high cap, or anything in-between. Its knowing YOUR game and having the ability to play to YOUR level. Play different courses, test yourself, but don’t focus in on your handicap as an indicator of if you have been doing work or not. Work the hell out of your short game, it makes and breaks matches, that has been shown year after year and event after event.

NO TUNNEL VISION ON QUANTIFYING IMPROVEMENT! Remember it comes in many different ways. Give me a 15 that plays to a 15 over a 5 that can’t sniff that ANY day of the week.

5)Understand what Goes into this Event
Take a step back, and smell the roses. REALIZE what this “golden ticket” you have punched means. Seriously, stop and THINK. No expenses. Full fitting at one of the best facilities on earth. Fourteen clubs built FOR YOU. Swag. Hanging with some of the coolest and most genuine people on the planet who work in this industry for a living yet are JUST as excited as you are. A world-class golf course that you will compare every single other course you ever play to for the rest of your life.

DO NOT TAKE THIS FORGRANTED! The build-up, the event, AND the months following it are seen THOUSANDS of members that would kill to be where you are and MILLIONS will view this event.

So, you all have NOOOOOOO idea how amped up I am. Things are truly taking shape and I believe in my heart of hearts that we are not only fielding a team that is going to take home the belt, but one that will be amazing ambassadors too.

THREE spots remain, WHO'S IT GOING TO BE???

#TeamRedemption

Team Redemption
Jman - Captain
Nebgolfer - King MVP Autobid
PhillyV - Gauntlet MVP Autobid
cdpkook132 - 1st Contest Winner
rallo - 2nd Contest Winner
mikeg_74 - 3rd Contest Winner
Tbaker34 - 4th Contest Winner

SIX MORE SPOTS STILL REMAIN!

JW if 6 spots is still accurate after announcing the 4th contest winner earlier this morning. I believe it's down to three, correct?

I want that message in my inbox! I want the belt Capt.!

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

So, you all have NOOOOOOO idea how amped up I am. Things are truly taking shape and I believe in my heart of hearts that we are not only fielding a team that is going to take home the belt, but one that will be amazing ambassadors too.

THREE spots remain, WHO'S IT GOING TO BE???

#TeamRedemption
Only 3 more tickets to punch, I know I want one!

Jman, your "Five Pillars" post... defining what a team captain and team player is all about.

Love seeing the team come together. Getting those PM's from Jman has to pump you guys up!

Captain Jman, You will get EVERYTHING i have. And to my teammates, current and future, we've got work to do. Zoo Crew has a lot to be confident about. So lets get to work and make sure they are the ones wanting the belt next year

Jman captaining this team like a BOSS! On point with all that he's shared and leading this team to victory!

One thing I can guarantee my captain, my teammates, and this community is that I will work hard from now until the final putt drops. And I will give everything I have to bring the belt home where it belongs. Work starts now, not just to be the best golfer I can be but the best person and teammate I can be

I feel that there is something different about this year's team. It's almost Crenshaw (I think) like from when the US won the Ryder Cup. I think the boys and team is truly special this year.

Captain Jman you've got a great group of guys behind you and hopefully I can get lucky and snag a spot, but regardless keep up the hard work and you've got my support as I join those who will follow along on the journey. Let's win this thing Team Redemption!

Man, down to 3 more spots left already. Great to see the team taking shape.

Congrats Tbaker...make THP proud with REDEMPTION!

Hoping to grab one of the remaining spots to help THP redeem themselves once and for all!

The intensity, dedication, and unity here is nuts! Just imagine if we were all there cheering on the fortunate selected members. It'd be crazy! Not to say the PGA pros aren't dedicated or have no love for the game but it's like we all display a stronger passion and love for this game more than the pros do.

Gonna try and do better to keep up with the threads as they are live! So much happens so fast I don't know how you guys keep up so well!

Back