What's the worst thing that has happened to you on the golf course?

Well..... I have a really hard time following the ball and let's just say I am sticking with that story.

A buddy of mine killed a goose with an errant shot. The ranger came over and just when we thought we were in trouble he got out of the cart and thanked us. We felt pretty bad. Now we chase them away if they are near the spot that we now call "the kill zone".

Dont' ever feel sorry for geese. Geese are jerks. Two actually attacked an ex girl friend of mine. (looking at what I just typed I realize that geese are my bros cuz she was the jerk. haha)

And they got that weird throaty honking noise they make. They are no better than the guy with the cold at the movie theatre. Hack up a lung on your own time buddy.

About 6 years back a guy we know had just bought a brand new Cobra. We saw him in the parking lot before we tee'd off and asked him about it. Of course he was going on and on about it, it was a great car. We proceed to start our round and come up to the finish on 18 with the parking lot on the right hand side. I get up to hit and hit one of the biggest slices I have ever seen in my life, it was like watching the ball in slow motion as it hit the windshield of the Cobra dead center smashing it to crap. Bad thing was Brandon was standing right next to it talking to somebody else about the car. My buddies swear to this day that I subconsciously did it on purpose. Oh well, if I did it was a great shot!

Lol. I could write a book with the crap I have either broke or helped break. I've hit three cars but only one of those had something bad broken and that was the front windshield, broke the siding on a house, broke an axle on a golf cart hitting another cart that pulled out in front of me, I've broken a piece of pvc pipe off the roof of a house not including the hundreds of shots I put off the roof, decks and things in yards and the granddady of them all, I hit an old man standing behind the 18th hole, watching us play, one day right in the nads off of one hop. But this is only in the past 10 years and stuff that comes right off the top of my head, I'm sure before it's all said and done something will be blown or destroyed.

Okay, sir, please just step away from the tee....

Dont' ever feel sorry for geese. Geese are jerks. Two actually attacked an ex girl friend of mine. (looking at what I just typed I realize that geese are my bros cuz she was the jerk. haha)

And they got that weird throaty honking noise they make. They are no better than the guy with the cold at the movie theatre. Hack up a lung on your own time buddy.

and they always sh*t all over the greens, drives me crazy.

i was in the picker out on the range... our picker is only caged on 3 sides so its recommended you pick the range counter clockwise... well this kid duck hooked one right into the picker... the ball bounced around 3 times reallllly loud inside the cage... it was sheer luck it didnt bean me... i had to take a few mins to compose myself after that one

i was in the picker out on the range... our picker is only caged on 3 sides so its recommended you pick the range counter clockwise... well this kid duck hooked one right into the picker... the ball bounced around 3 times reallllly loud inside the cage... it was sheer luck it didnt bean me... i had to take a few mins to compose myself after that one

Haha. I had that job once too. And I'm super allergic to bees. One got in the cart once and I jumped out of it and ran....... In the middle of the driving range. Everyone thought I was absolutly crazy ( cuz they can't see the bee from 100 yards away) but that didn't stop them from hitting balls at me.

Not bad, but, little par 3 over water in a downpour and the 7i flew out of the hands and into the pond about 25 yards out, jumped in (already soaked) swam out and found it and stuffed 5 gogolfballs in my pockets while I was in. Came out unscathed other than the two nasty leeches on my left leg.

Most painful? It's a tie. Once while cooling a green players on the par 3 tee didn't wait for me to acknowledge them and wave them on and hit into me an on top of my left foot (I was cooling in flip flops). Had a golfball size lump instantly and had to have broken something, the limp got me fairway mower duty for a while. Oh, and their ball magically ended up in the pond, I had NO problems being played into while cooling but would like to know its happening.

Whilst on fairway unit duty on a uphill teeshot and downhill green par 5 I was downgill and took a driver to the shoulder, about 6 inches from my heart area, that one scared me good and about ended me. The group I was unaware of had apparently skipped around onto different holes as they were members....bad deal.

When I first started playing I hooked a drive close to the adjacent fairway. I went over and hit the ball that was there figuring it was mine. I got it to the green and while on the green the golfer from the other fairway came over and accused me of hitting his ball. I said I didn't know what he was talking about but we looked and there were his initials on the ball. I felt like an idiot and I'm sure the people I was playing with thought I was. Now I always check my ball.

Caught a ball right below the sternum, as I was walking up a pond bank. Kid up hill had hit it no four, no warning just THAWAK!.

I was playing this ritzy course in Sedona. Houses started at 1.5 million. I was on a dogleg left and hit a poor tee shot. There was this huge house right at the dogleg about 10 yards from the stakes. I was trying to draw a 5 iron around the dogleg and ripped a pull hook right into the side of the house above the plate glass window on the deck. It left a golf ball sized hole in the wall. The owner came out and looked down at the side of his house but didn't see any damage because it was right above his head. I bet that house got lots of action because of how close it was to the course. I've seen houses that close before but usually they are right next to the tee box or on the side away from the usual direction of play.

ouch that will leave a mark!

Caught a ball right below the sternum, as I was walking up a pond bank. Kid up hill had hit it no four, no warning just THAWAK!.

Yea I had a bit of a red mark, luckily I had a very loose windbreaker on and it took a good bit of heat of the ball.

While working on the course I saw several people and cars get hit.

Haha. I had that job once too. And I'm super allergic to bees. One got in the cart once and I jumped out of it and ran....... In the middle of the driving range. Everyone thought I was absolutly crazy ( cuz they can't see the bee from 100 yards away) but that didn't stop them from hitting balls at me.
no doubt... our picker broke once... well more than once... but this time i had to hand pick the range and guys were playing target practice... lolz

Lets see, I have a few.
1: My wife shanked one, and it hit me in the A$$ (on my birthday about 3 years ago)
2: As a kid. I was a fore-caddy for one of the more difficult holes on my home course. From the elevated tee, I could not see the guys shot, and smack hit me about 1" below the collar bone on the left hand side of my chest. It knocked me over, and left a large red (dimpled) mark there for about 3 weeks. Bonus was after it hit me, it went back into the fairway and the guy ended up getting a birdie. The next day he gave me a $5.00 tip :)
3: working on the maintenance crew on the golf course, I have been hit (usually in the legs) about 4 times.
4: Playing with my mother, I was trying to teach her something... and she swung too soon and ended up hitting me in the face on her 7 wood.

So today, I had just teed off a short par 4 (great tee shot by the way) when I was standing there, leaning on my driver discussing the awesome drive that just transpired, when an errant shot from nowhere hit the shaft of my driver on the fly, knowcking it out of my hands. That shook me up a bit.

I got no good stories to tell...:confused2:

Usually the worst thing to happen is at the end when I add up the scorecard.

Got hit in the chest by a wayward drive. One of the universal golf laws was in effect as the wayward-driver was quite large, as was his friend.

Watching and hearing a weasel murder a rabbit was also kind of lame. Not to mention how tough it made putting. At least I had a good excuse for the 3-jack.

Got hit in the chest by a wayward drive. One of the universal golf laws was in effect as the wayward-driver was quite large, as was his friend.

Watching and hearing a weasel murder a rabbit was also kind of lame. Not to mention how tough it made putting. At least I had a good excuse for the 3-jack.

Dude, that had to hurt

Absolute worst...

Playing a couple back to back beer rounds with some guys on a Saturday in the abysmal heat a little over a month ago. One in the group was having way too many, way too fast. Toward the end of the first 18, this guy had turned into the most obnoxious person I'd ever seen, possibly anywhere, much less on a golf course. Long story short, the better I played, the louder and more personal he got with the insults, and I mean absolutely ridiculous. I put up with it for 12 holes of the second round. I was on the tee at #13 preparing to hit my tee shot, all the while being cursed and called everything under the sun. I told him I'd had just about enough, and that if he didn't shut up, I was going to beat his ass right there on the tee box. I addressed the ball with him standing there yelling every obscenity you could imagine at me. I hit my tee shot (right down the middle I might add), dropped my club, then dropped him like a shot from a gun. Sent him riding off in a golf cart busted up and bleeding like a sieve.

Another bad one happened just yesterday. Playing a really nice course in my area (Heritage Hill GC) for the first time. On hole #10, I was trying to hit out of a fairway bunker to the green just under 100 yards away. I had to carry it over a huge hump, but thought nothing of it since I was going to hit a PW. I caught it thin, hit a line drive into the side of the hill, and it deflected straight back and hit me square in the bag. And I don't mean the golf bag either.

Took a pic of the hole standing on the elevated tee box of #18. It's the bunker in the middle of the picture of the hole in the distance.

ef374193.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I'd put the brake on the golf cart on a hill, hopped out to play my bunker shot, and had to run down the hill to try and stop it. Ever tried stopping a golf cart going pretty fast down a hill by grabbing onto the steering wheel? Another thing to add to my rookie mistakes...

Back