What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some nice scores being posted awesome job everyone! KB damn nice score!!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83 at Shipyard Golf Club Hilton Head Island. 39-44. Played the Brigantine and Galleon 9's.

YaY!!! broke 90 today... shot an 86... back nine was my best as of now... 38 on a 35... :)

Shot 84 today. :banana: Best i've shot this year.

43 and 41. Heather Glen Golf Course. Calgary.

It was my brothers bday...we had 5 groups out.

Wow. Those are some great scores. When it is hot outside the THPers burn it up!

Played in my club championship today, I played like crap. 82 today with a couple doubles and just nothing clicked.

Played a new course today with Golf Chick and her bf. We had high hopes, but throughout the round we all agreed it was by far the worst course any of us had ever played. The fairways were more like fields that were mowed maybe once a week, if that. The grass was the type you find in your front yard, not anything that should belong on a golf course. The tee boxes didnt have a level or grassy part large enough to tee off of. And the greens, sub-par at best. Sucks to hit a good ball into a fairway, only to be rewarded by finding the ball sitting in a dry spotty patch of clumpy grass or sitting in a gopher hole.

Anyway, shot a legit 45 on the front nine (par 35), even with a quad bogey on one hole. Didnt even bother keeping score on the back nine, we were so disgusted with the course.

And I'll tell you what, GC can hit that driver!

congrats on the 45 sacul, too bad about the course though. and way to bomb the big stick gc!

Sorry to hear about the course Sacul, but always fun to get out with other THP'ers. I played in a 3 person scramble with some buddies that were just blasting the ball. We took 3rd in championship flight with 32/32 for a 64. I can't say my game was on, but we all seemed to bring something at the right time. No bogeys on the day, but missed two birds we should have had. While my drives would never be needed, the entire day, we started seeing a huge difference on the back nine once it clicked. Every time I hit a big one into the fairway it allowed the other two to crank on the ball and man did they ever! These guy's were hitting as far or farther from the blues on the back as they did from the front nine whites.

All I did was setup all day, lol, although I came through with one long putt and a few good 6 to 8 footers. We got our entry back, so got to play for beer and braging rights, lol.

Sorry to hear about the course Sacul, but always fun to get out with other THP'ers. I played in a 3 person scramble with some buddies that were just blasting the ball. We took 3rd in championship flight with 32/32 for a 64. I can't say my game was on, but we all seemed to bring something at the right time. No bogeys on the day, but missed two birds we should have had. While my drives would never be needed, the entire day, we started seeing a huge difference on the back nine once it clicked. Every time I hit a big one into the fairway it allowed the other two to crank on the ball and man did they ever! These guy's were hitting as far or farther from the blues on the back as they did from the front nine whites.

All I did was setup all day, lol, although I came through with one long putt and a few good 6 to 8 footers. We got our entry back, so got to play for beer and braging rights, lol.

quite possibly the most important person in a captain's choice format is the guy who can tee off first and put one in play. i play with a regular foursome in some captain's choice tourneys back home a lot that raise money for the town where i grew up. we have a pretty stacked team and uncle daddy's our #1 off the tee. if he puts it in play we have 3 guys behind him (yours truly included) that can just bang!!! we've come in 2nd place in just about all the ones we've played in in the last couple of years. there's this one team that we just can't seem to beat!! we usually come in 14/15 under and they come in at 19/20 under, so i have no doubts that we're being pencil whipped!

quite possibly the most important person in a captain's choice format is the guy who can tee off first and put one in play. i play with a regular foursome in some captain's choice tourneys back home a lot that raise money for the town where i grew up. we have a pretty stacked team and uncle daddy's our #1 off the tee. if he puts it in play we have 3 guys behind him (yours truly included) that can just bang!!! we've come in 2nd place in just about all the ones we've played in in the last couple of years. there's this one team that we just can't seem to beat!! we usually come in 14/15 under and they come in at 19/20 under, so i have no doubts that we're being pencil whipped!

TC you just need a woman to hit red bombers for your team! I play in an annual scramble to raise funds for our Sheriff's Dept and our team has shot -17 the last 2 years. Quite an advantage from the red tees on some holes. :D Of course, we usually come in second too because there is one stacked team that usually shoots -19 up to -21. They have really strong talent on their team though.

Why do I alway's have to be "That Guy", lol? I hit three of the biggest drives ever just to have the other two fly mine. On the bright side, it was nice to see these guy's hit 300 plus drives. The group in front of us on the back nine said they felt threatened on every green, haha. If we could have pulled off the short chips from 25 to 35 yards out, I hate to think how low we might have gotten. We were all used to 75 and 80 out.

TC you just need a woman to hit red bombers for your team! I play in an annual scramble to raise funds for our Sheriff's Dept and our team has shot -17 the last 2 years. Quite an advantage from the red tees on some holes. :D Of course, we usually come in second too because there is one stacked team that usually shoots -19 up to -21. They have really strong talent on their team though.

ironically, the team that always beats us has a lady on their squad (think laura davies, that's what she looks like, haha)

Why do I alway's have to be "That Guy", lol? I hit three of the biggest drives ever just to have the other two fly mine. On the bright side, it was nice to see these guy's hit 300 plus drives. The group in front of us on the back nine said they felt threatened on every green, haha. If we could have pulled off the short chips from 25 to 35 yards out, I hate to think how low we might have gotten. We were all used to 75 and 80 out.

Sounds like the 300yd boomers hurt you rather than helped you guys Duey!

Shot 80 yesterday on a 6600 yard course. 42-38 :act-up: I was pretty excited. New personal best for me. First time playing it from the blue tees and it seemed easier for some reason. Best shot was my tee shot on a 174 yard par 3. Knocked it within 2 feet. Easy tap in bird. I will take that any day.:act-up:

Got back into the groove today even though I finished like a friggin idiot...79 but another bogey, dbl bogey finish. DAMN those last 2 holes!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

nice round pfb!

Nice job P4B....did you use the Pings?

Nice job P4B....did you use the Pings?

I had the 5 and PW in the bag today. I'm really struggling with reviewing a half set of irons though. They are nice but so different than my Mizz I always chunk the Ping when trying to hit it in normal play with the rest of my set. Dear Ping.....if you are listening please send full sets for reviews, trust me, you'll be glad you did!

Sounds like the 300yd boomers hurt you rather than helped you guys Duey!

I sure seemed that way. I'm generally gold from a bit further out, but put the pin's on tough spots and have short bump and run's just seemed to put more pressure on us. However, I really need to work on those shots.

Got back into the groove today even though I finished like a friggin idiot...79 but another bogey, dbl bogey finish. DAMN those last 2 holes!

Good job Bird! Kind of a nice "cooler" change up this way with mid 80's. Hope you guy's got to share the lower temps over there.

i shot the temperature today... 107... lolz
it was brutal out... 2 holes destroyed me... i tin cupped the crap outta them... dunked 4 balls into the water on 17...
i made way too many stupid mistakes... the ball was going too far today... every club felt like it was 2 clubs longer... i flew 4 greens that i was a wedge in... i felt like the incredible hulk...
lots of hooks/draws... guess i over compensated for last rounds slices

ouch bogey! thats hot!

I had my best round in 10 years. (I had not played for 10 years until this past summer) lol

I did some experimenting with my golf course management today. Played more irons off the tees where I could, this gave me some new shots to practice and ended up being a pretty decent round.

Went out with a 46 (took an 8 on the first hole OUCH)
Came in with a 39 (putted great on the back)
For a nice 85.

My game is starting to come back, I am excited to see what a difference the little changes here and there really make.

83 today, just 1 stroke worse than yesterday with 2 doubles and a triple. Missed a 2 foot birdie putt on 1, made birdie on 4, missed a 4 footer on 5, made birdie on 8, and missed a 5 footer on 9 for birdie as well.

84 (43/41) on a par 70 today. My personal best! 5 pars, only one double bogey, and the rest bogeys. Rocking the new SeeMore, loving every stoke I take with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back