GG & I Orlando Adventure

Are you guys going to check out the Lake Nona area?

Also, there is never enough Reese's pieces in anything. I agree that is not a real phrase.

Are you guys going to check out the Lake Nona area?

If you're looking for a golf community try Eagle Creek. And if you guys stop by Lake Nona, say hi to Annika for us!

If you're looking for a golf community try Eagle Creek. And if you guys stop by Lake Nona, say hi to Annika for us!

Yeah and half of the Euro Ryder Cup team.

Have a good time both of you. It's a well-deserved break.

That is on the docket for tomorrow. A little different than a Keene's Pointe, but still very nice. Extremely affordable club as well.

Thanks Smalls.

That is on the docket for tomorrow. A little different than a Keene's Pointe, but still very nice. Extremely affordable club as well.

It's a pretty track and you're right the prices are affordable compared to some of the other places. My old Assistant Manager lives there so I've seen some of the lots as well. Don't fret about the construction, they're just widening the road. If you need some info on the area let me know. I can give some insight from a resident's point of view since Casa de Spank is right up the road.

Thank you. I will let you know. Being that we used to be so close, I know the area very well. Ideally I would like to be in the Windermere area or Dr. Phillips if we end up in Orlando. But you never know, tomorrow is another day to explore a few other courses. Spending some time at Keene's Pointe today opened my eyes and made me remember just how nice it was to belong to a special club again. I absolutely loved it. But the cost is SUBSTANTIAL to say the least.

+1!! Enjoy your time JB and GG! It is mostly definitely well deserved!!

Cmon, this is FL. Every area had "grand plans". Then the crash came! hehe

Cmon, this is FL. Every area had "grand plans". Then the crash came! hehe

This is true but these plans have started as you will see tomorrow. The UCF medical school is up and running, the VA and the Nemours children hospital are set to open in 2 years and being built, and the high school just completed it's first year. I actually saw these plans 5 years ago at a function in Lake Nona and I thought "no way" but amazingly enough they pushed through. It's actually the reason why they're widening the road down by Eagle Creek and the high school.

We will see it all tomorrow I am sure. I still invision being in the Windermere area because I just love it that much. That mixed with Dr Phillips is just perfect for what GG and I look for in an area. Very much like what we had in Tampa. Looking forward to seeing tons more tomorrow and then dinner and drinks with Sligo should be a blast.

We will see it all tomorrow I am sure. I still invision being in the Windermere area because I just love it that much. That mixed with Dr Phillips is just perfect for what GG and I look for in an area. Very much like what we had in Tampa. Looking forward to seeing tons more tomorrow and then dinner and drinks with Sligo should be a blast.

That is a nice area. Enjoy the sites, have fun with the Sligo folks, and for goodness sake stay off the site! :D
(I know it won't happen but hey I tried)

sounds like you guys are having lots of fun! and remember we'd love to have THP headquarters back in the Tampa area! closer to the Bucs, Rays, Andy and the Noles! just sayin! :D

So today we have been going nonstop looking at courses, communities, and houses. We looked at Lake Nona, and a couple of courses in that area (thanks for the suggestions guys) and it is nice, but just not really for us. From there we hit up East Orlando and a few small areas but did not see much that interested us. Then we made our way down to Championsgate and looked at the Omni and Leadbetter Academy golf courses and liked what we saw, but like Lake Nona, there is not alot out there. We took a trip to Reunion and spoke to someone in membership there. What a club, resort style with every activity you could want. Less money than Keene's Pointe, but a different style. Definitely resort driven rather than golf club driven. After that we hit up Celebration and loved the community. The course is quite nice even with being 100% public and the communities and shops have a lot going on.

Back at the hotel now to relax for a few and then head to meet Sligo for some dinner and drinks at one of my favs.

GG and I have a lot of thinking to do now. Not entirely sold on the area yet, but if I had to make a decision on Orlando right now it would most likely be the Windermere area.

Some very nice areas for sure. Not so different from Tampa in that regards. Courses are similar as well.

GG and I have arrived back to THP headquarters and picked up our little princess. Some nice packages for testing were waiting for us upon our return such as a sampler of Miyazaki C. Kua shafts as well as a the new Miyazaki hybrid shaft in the DST launcher that I absolutely love.

We will have pictures and some initial thoughts up tomorrow morning.

welcome back! cant wait to see the pics of the shafts!

Glad you guys are home safe and had a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you guys are back home and safe. Looking forward to seeing where you guys trekked.

GG & I are headed back to Orlando next weekend to finish looking at some golf areas that we are interested in and then take in some neighborhoods and some houses. Came up quick, but we figured with the outing ahead of us, we better take the one weekend we have free and get our butts up there.

GG & I are headed back to Orlando next weekend to finish looking at some golf areas that we are interested in and then take in some neighborhoods and some houses. Came up quick, but we figured with the outing ahead of us, we better take the one weekend we have free and get our butts up there.

i think that this is so exciting for you guys. go ahead and get up there where there is such a huge golf presence. i hope you guys find the perfect spot to settle down.

Back