GG & I Orlando Adventure

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So for her B-Day, we dropped Queen Ellie off at the dog resort (never caged) and took off up to Orlando for the weekend. Today we spent the day looking at some courses and clubs in the area and found some areas that we really liked. We have spent a lot of time in the Orlando area over the years and wanted to see some of the areas around it.

Today we took a tour of Keene's Pointe Country Club. We really like it. Wonderful amenities and a great golf course. Took a trip by Isleworth as well as the entire Windermere area and really like the area quite a bit as well as much of the surrounding areas around it. Lots of nice golf, some great clubs and beautiful houses.

Tonight is a relaxing night with a nice dinner and then tomorrow we are going to drive around to a few more places on our list to see (course wise). Then tomorrow night we are having dinner with a friend from Sligo and Miss Sligo at one of my favorite places in the area for dinner and drinks.

Then Sunday it is back home to pick up the princess and get back to work. A fun filled few days with the lady I love. What could be better than that. Well Ellie could be with us, but she is playing, so its just us this time. :alien:

Sounds like fun! Are you guys thinking of making a move to the Orlando area or do you just like looking at other communities to size them up to your own?

How does Ellie go from a Queen in the first line to a princess near the end??? I think JB is going to have to pay up with some more dog bones or make sure Ellie does not read this :D

sounds like a great weekend! yall both deserve it with how much both of you help us out! we better get to see some pictures of the courses! haha

sounds like a good time. I hear there may be a rather large house at Isleworth that might become available. Lexie loves going to the Dog Resort for day care and overnights

• Admin
Sounds like fun! Are you guys thinking of making a move to the Orlando area or do you just like looking at other communities to size them up to your own?

We love our house and living inside a golf community. But the house is a little big for us and as THP Media has continued to grow, we have had to make some decisions about location. This was one on the list to consider.

sounds like a good time. I hear there may be a rather large house at Isleworth that might become available. Lexie loves going to the Dog Resort for day care and overnights

And there is a Perkins right across the street. Literally RIGHT across the street. The definition of irony is right there.

Glad your having a great time. So many courses in the Orlando area, it is hard to know where to start.

• Admin
Glad your having a great time. So many courses in the Orlando area, it is hard to know where to start.

We have that issue where we are too.

well deserved guys. enjoy!!!!

sounds like a great time! enjoy yourseleves!

As hard as you two work you re entitled to have a nice getaway and it is nice to see you are enjoying yourselves.

I hear Spank has a pool, btw. hehe

Could there be a THP outing in Orlando perhaps? :confused2:

Have fun you two, you both deserve it :)

have fun love birds!!!!

You two have a wonderful time!!

Have a great weekend away from the office!

Will Ellie want to bring home friends for a sleepover after camp is over? :D

You two enjoy yourselves, it's well deserved. I'm not so sure the queen is going to like being demoted to princess though so you will have that to deal with Sunday. "Off with their heads!"

Excellent You guys deserve some quality time away from all of us. :act-up:

But hurry back... we miss you!

Hope you guys are enjoying our little slice of heaven although Bonnie is making it a tad gray out right now. Don't go running around too much and make sure you guys spend some QT.

Hey that's the Perkins... you know the rest. Enjoy you two!

Went over to Grand Cypress to take a tour of the facility and hear about their memberships plans. Courses there are beautiful as are the amazing practice facilities. Something to consider definitely. The "New Course" there has replica holes of the Old Course at St. Andrews. Tomorrow is another day to take a look around at the remaining country clubs we have on our list as well as a few neighborhoods.

Couple of more quick notes. Had a nice dinner at a sushi place tonight that I swear the sign looked like it said Setho Sushi. I took a picture and I will post later. Then we went to a place for dessert and both got Reeses Pieces Sundaes. SOOOO GOOD! Then GG said....And She actually said this. "There are too many Reeses Pieces in this and it's too sweet". She really said that. That cannot possibly be a real phrase!

Sounds like you two are having a blast over in O-Town. Would be great to have you guys living nearby....*hint hint*

Enjoy the rest of your touring tomorrow!

Wow I know exactly where you guys are! The place is called Seito Sushi. Glad you guys are enjoying restaurant row.

Wow I know exactly where you guys are! The place is called Seito Sushi. Glad you guys are enjoying restaurant row.

It was a decent place. Not as good as a place we love in Tampa, but decent nonetheless.

So far today we have seen a lot of clubs. Keenes Point stands out to us from a Country Club stand point. Its quite nice and has most of what we are looking for. Looking forward to tomorrow and seeing a few more.

Back