Golf superstitions-Do you have any?

Michigan Slice

This Guy Cant dance...
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have any superstitions while playing and/or watching golf?

Myself,
I always have an extra ball in my right pocket, and also keep ball marker and tee in the same pocket.
NEVER anything in the left pocket!

When watching I like to have pretzels, not exactly sure why, as I don't eat them when watching football or other sports.

Nope....no superstitions here.

Nope.....I don't.

Also don't think that discussing weather for an upcoming THP event will impact the weather on said day.......but apparently I'm the exception.

I do, but more with what's in my pocket and ball marker. Might be more OCD than superstitious, but it's in my head no doubt.

Also don't think that discussing weather for an upcoming THP event will impact the weather on said day.......but apparently I'm the exception.
Nah, you're not the only one.

I don't like carrying two balls in my pocket to the tee. It feels like giving up on my tee shot before I even take it.

I have a few things that are always in my golf bag.

No superstitions, just some OCDish stuff. Right front pocket is one tee, divot tool/ball mark combo and a ball. After I line up my putt and put my ball mark in my pocket, I twirl my putter one time in my left hand as I step around to address the ball.

Wait! I don't take a rake into the bunker with me, I heard that's bad luck. So that's one.

Not a superstition but I always prefer to have my ball marker in my right hand pocket and have that be the only thing in there. Going into a pocket with a glove on is a pain, and having to sort through tee's, divot repair tools, what have you to get to a quarter sized marker is an exercise in futility.

Not sure if it's a superstition or not, but I never carry more than 3 tees in my right pocket. Also carry a ball marker and ball mark repair tool in my right pocket.

Everything is always in the same pocket. Ball marker and divot tool go in my right pocket, and glove goes in my back left. Ball goes in my left pocket in between holes. Things start to feel weird if they go in different places haha.

Don't use a nickel as a ball marker, don't even carry nickels on the course.

I never play when I think there may be lighting never...I have a reason but I won't bore with the story...

I always carry a golf ball with IU stamped on it for Indiana University.

No, not really, try and maintain my pre shot routine, that's about it.

I always keep my divot repair tool and 1 tee in my right pocket, nothing else. Left pocket and back pockets have to be empty. I have been able to adapt and put a yardage book in my back right pocket, but first sign of a bad swing it's gone! Ha!

For me, I like to hit in turn from the tee box. If someone has a birdie and I don't. I have a hard time teeing off before them. I always seem to hit a bad shot when I do hit out of turn. For me it only matters with a birdie. If they get a par and are lally gagging and say "If your ready go ahead", I have no issue with it as long as they didn't get a birdie or better.

Never hit in front of someone, at the next tee box, who just had a birdie on the previous hole, bad things happen to you if you do:beat-up:

What if you had an eagle?

Nope. None at all.

I wouldn't necessarily call it a superstition, but I've always had a weird thing about making sure I have 2 spare golf balls in my left pocket.

I don't use yellow tees, EVER!!!!

Do you have any superstitions while playing and/or watching golf?

Myself,
I always have an extra ball in my right pocket, and also keep ball marker and tee in the same pocket.
NEVER anything in the left pocket!

When watching I like to have pretzels, not exactly sure why, as I don't eat them when watching football or other sports.

Amazing coincidence that I do exactly the same...!

Left shoe is always the first shoe put on.
Always use a foreign coin from a country I've visited as a ball marker, currently a German 1 DM piece.
When I want the pin pulled when asked, I always answer with "Pull it, I'm going to sink it..." Its worked a few times.

I will give honors for birdie or better and will not violate that one.

My preference is to not walk through the plane of the tee marker before I hit my shot for that hole. I generally try to avoid walking through the tee markers period.

Back