Odyssey Putters Thread

It's a bit of an adjustment coming from mxm 2ball. There were putts that I felt I left short that rolled out to hole high. It could be the weight difference, it could be the greens were really fast today...
I think that is where i will need to make the most progress, is the distance control. I'm pretty good at getting a feel for how the greens roll left to right etc.. but i'm horrendous at judging the distance needed to get there.

When are they coming out with the works models with adjustable weights? Saw a pic from a tournament a few weeks ago and odyssey had a bunch for the players to try. #9ht works with 360g head would be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I can't believe the demand on the MXM (#1 especially)....I've been keeping my eye on them because I must have one eventually...and they just vanish from callawaypreowned's site within a day or two, and even ebay has slim pickings...at least at a decent price.

See ya soon gorgeous.

putters-2015-milled-collection-6m____1.jpg

I've got my eye on one right now.... I'm hoping I can find it cheaper. Such a sexy putter

Let James know, I think he might have one he is looking to sell.

I've got my eye on one right now.... I'm hoping I can find it cheaper. Such a sexy putter
That head shape has Mikey written all over it :)

In an Odyssey Tank 1 38" counterbalanced is the counter weight in the butt of the shaft or the grip itself?? Thinking about cutting 2.5" and putting a SS 3.0 slim on it. Thanks in advance.

In an Odyssey Tank 1 38" counterbalanced is the counter weight in the butt of the shaft or the grip itself?? Thinking about cutting 2.5" and putting a SS 3.0 slim on it. Thanks in advance.
Tank is in the shaft, iirc. A Cruiser has the weight in the butt of the grip to adjust it. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

Tank is in the shaft, iirc. A Cruiser has the weight in the butt of the grip to adjust it. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

You are correct. The TC has the weight on the end of the grip. Tank doesn't

Thanks, I noticed the shaft is mega thick. I won this putter in a scramble last month and really like the head I'm just not sure if it's worth cutting and re gripping or ust selling or trading as is. Brand new but just not my style.

hi new to site has anyone had any experience with the odyssey black series i putters seen on line but can't seem to put my hands on one
thanx

I think quite a few THPers got these at one of our events a few years ago. Many loved them.

Pondering a works #7. I need something bigger than a blade style putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi new to site has anyone had any experience with the odyssey black series i putters seen on line but can't seem to put my hands on one
thanx

yes sir, IMO one of the best milled putters they have ever made. Ive had mine for a few years now and will never part ways with it. You see some on our marketplace here for sale from time to time.

Odyssey Putters Thread

After a year of looking, she will finally be mine! Found her today while doing th daily eBay searching. Well the search is over.
6ac0a8da3f1d83aa8a2b1a826f65549e.jpg

749c1df54a01287d054aa9fa2d1ce1ce.jpg
21db66174cad7eb4a4ae4e2a732b5271.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
thanx
I just added a Black Tour Series #4 off the BST (thanks again MusicMaster) to go with my #1w and #9. I really like the feel/sound and the great roll this series produces.

I agree with MD441 that the Black Tour Series is one of, if not, the best milled putters Odyssey produced.

My new putter I bought last Thursday. Won me $28 over the weekend.

o94ps2.jpg

jzuu51.jpg

2hewtqr.jpg

do02hh.jpg

My new putter I bought last Thursday. Won me $28 over the weekend.

o94ps2.jpg

jzuu51.jpg

2hewtqr.jpg

do02hh.jpg
And who said clubs weren't an investment? :alien:

Beautiful putter. Have my eyes on a #9 but just don't think I can move away from the MXM from the Grandaddy.

Bumping this for NebGolfer and anyone else who wants to chime in. It was just announced that 1 lucky member and JB are going to enjoy this incredible journey with us so why not discuss the gear, putters in this case.

I for one cannot wait to see what options are available and what Callaway/Odyssey has cooking in the oven.

Bumping this for NebGolfer and anyone else who wants to chime in. It was just announced that 1 lucky member and JB are going to enjoy this incredible journey with us so why not discuss the gear, putters in this case.

I for one cannot wait to see what options are available and what Callaway/Odyssey has cooking in the oven.
I've been looking over their putters since May and still don't know which way I'd go. I like the #7CH I have been rolling, but wouldn't mind a bit more weight in the head. The milled #5 with the weight ports has my attention because I really like the shape and can beef it up a little. Who knows what options we'll have in December, all I know is they will be good ones.

I have always loved the #7 head shape, but I have a feeling I'll be going with a #1. But I want to get to a store and roll as many options as I can. A few of the grandaddy guys last year flew through their fitting but struggled to pick a putter. I have a feeling that may happen to me too

yes sir, IMO one of the best milled putters they have ever made. Ive had mine for a few years now and will never part ways with it. You see some on our marketplace here for sale from time to time.
i agree the black series had alot to offer for those who like milled putters....they had a very muted sound/soft feel. I played a #8 and wish I never traded it away. very good putters.

Back