PSA - Be Careful When Marking Your Ball

#troy

Jax, FL
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I was flipping through my facebook feed and came across this gem. My friend was playing a round today up here in Jacksonville and...

Story goes, his playing partner/ his friend missed a putt and was waving his putter around in disgust. He goes to unmark his ball and catches the guys putter in the forehead.

Be careful out there everyone.

Injury Images if you care to see:
Spoiler

5b319d0fd48408b3c37eaa66cd86c5a3.jpg

d8efa9d4a350c26cabb619188a970ff1.jpg

If it was a Cure, it would've killed the guy.

ouch. that is nutty. had to hurt.

Just another good example of why we all need to have cool/calm head on the course, regardless of whether you think you aren't close to someone or your in control, golf clubs can be a very violent weapon, even in an accident.

Ouch,that would smart for sure.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

The group ahead of me over the weekend was slow, 2 adults, and 2 kids who would putt when they were on the green. I saw a few times when one of the adults shanked a chip and threw their wedge. I almost said something but my friend was drunk and I knew it would escalate. Golf for me is my fun time, so I try not to let emotions run wild during a bad round. Clubs can hurt.

That has to be embarassing. Poor guy, looks terrible.

ouch, that one left a mark! That'll ruin anyone's round.

"Florida man" Catches Putter in Head

As the headline would read

Talk about a bad day. Should have gave the gimme putt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least it looks like the green is in pretty good condition. You know, except for the blood splatter.

Dang, Just in time for Halloween, guess he can go as Frankenstein's Monster...

Just a few weeks ago, a kid on my son's golf team, had his putter (an Odyssey #7 type) over his shoulder, bent down to get his ball out of the cup, the putter slipped thru his hand and clocked himself in the back of the head/neck. Gashed enough he had to get stiches...

ouch! I would've felt like a complete DOUCHE if I did that to a friend.

Ouch!

Well, at least chick's dig scars, right? Lol

Golf can be brutal! Not for the weak of heart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just another good example of why we all need to have cool/calm head on the course, regardless of whether you think you aren't close to someone or your in control, golf clubs can be a very violent weapon, even in an accident.

Correct!!!!!

I've become pretty laid back in my old age but if I was still conscious after this we would be having words.

Flailing your club like a jackass is ridiculous, and obviously dangerous.

I've become pretty laid back in my old age but if I was still conscious after this we would be having words.

Flailing your club like a jackass is ridiculous, and obviously dangerous.
Seriously, have to mindful of your surroundings during your woe is me fit.

Incredible stupidity. Incredible, hilarious stupidity hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Wow. I'd be pissed.

stitches?? aint nobody got time for that bullsh!t

I'd rather just play with people that don't swing clubs around in a fit of rage.

Back