Oh MY God, Amazon deal Get it while you can

Isn't it up to TGW/Amazon, rather than the customer, to cancel the order if they don't want to honor the deal they (inadvertently) made?

In theory yes, but nobody right now knows if they are doing that or not, its just speculation that some random single iron will appear.

No doubt. I think I get a little po'd when it comes to refunds because I've worked in the CC industry for so long I see so much horrid crap from companies its amazing. Obviously like I said before we knew it was too good to be true but can't blame anyone for trying. I already sent TGW an email. Just really grinds my gears when I even hear an inkling of CC abuse (consumer and business). I don't know why but it irks me a lot. JB made a good point in just calling the company, but I trusted what Bridges said much like I trust a lot people on here.

That's the cool thing about this place. Anyone can disagree with anyone else and not worry about repercussion.

I still think if someone gives negative feedback to TGW because of an obvious misprint, then they are in the wrong. If TGW does in fact send something that was not ordered, then maybe. But not just because of an ad misprint.

I don't think anyone was planning on giving neg feedback until that point.

See this post:

I did the exact same thing. You know, they're going to have to choose between the lesser of two evils. Either send everyone who ordered the irons and take a huge loss (not likely from a business perspective) or cancel the orders and suffer the negative feedback.

And this one:

I cancelled my order since I don't really need a single iron, but they will getting negative feedback galore for this one.

Last edited:
Thanks Smalls, didn't see that one.

this is getting crazy blow out of proportion.

just a simple listing mistake, happens all the time. im sure you will all get an email here shortly and cant actually expect them to ship you a whole r9 tp set for $112.50. if they ship you the single club without letting you know then yes i can see were negative feedback would fit but why not just call them and ask for yourself. so what if its there responsibility to notify you, it doesnt hurt to call and ask yourself instead of depending on someone else to contact you. Im sure everything will be worked out eventually.

i promise what i said about calling them is true. i would not lie. if you dont believe me just call for urself, who knows they might have got it fixed now and the supervisor is on it and they can give you updated info on it.

Just so you all know, the listing has been corrected.

I would think they would send a notification email saying that they are cancelling the order due to the misprint rather than sending the single iron. If they just send the single iron, wouldn't that fall under "bait and switch" rules for retailers?

If you just ordered today, you should be able to cancel directly from your Amazon account (I was able to and I ordered at about 10 EST). Also, I don't think they will be shady enough to send out a single iron...that would be a marketing disaster with the prices of shipping and shipping back. I am expecting them to offer a cancellation on all orders purchased.

Nope, no can do. Once its past a certain point you cant cancel it. I tried earlier and already posted what it says.

Nope, no can do. Once its past a certain point you cant cancel it. I tried earlier and already posted what it says.

I think if it does ship and the box is light then you can refuse shipment then contact amazon for the refund.

Hmm, thats a shame because it let mine cancel with a simple (Are you sure you want to cancel this purchase). Hope they resolve it quickly and professionally for you all!

Yep its been corrected- now 860 bucks. But that sort of blows the explanation that it was supposed to be for a single wedge doesn't it?

So I called TGW and selected the option for "all amazon orders" and it went to one dudes voicemail.. Not feeling like being the 5000th voicemail, I called back and chatted with Customer service, and they said that one guy handles all amazon stuff, and he basically isn't in the office today and he (the rep I was talking to) can not make any sort of adjustment to the order I placed)

So yeah, wow..

So I called TGW and selected the option for "all amazon orders" and it went to one dudes voicemail.. Not feeling like being the 5000th voicemail, I called back and chatted with Customer service, and they said that one guy handles all amazon stuff, and he basically isn't in the office today and he (the rep I was talking to) can not make any sort of adjustment to the order I placed)

So yeah, wow..

That one guy isn't going to have a very pleasant arrival when he does get into the office, I can assure you that.

That one guy isn't going to have a very pleasant arrival when he does get into the office, I can assure you that.

You have to wonder if he saw the error or happened to check his email last night and is now afraid to go anywhere near the place hahaha

Hmm, thats a shame because it let mine cancel with a simple (Are you sure you want to cancel this purchase). Hope they resolve it quickly and professionally for you all!

Yeah I went back into it to see if I could cancel about 30 minutes later and it was already passed the point of cancel. Oh well it was worth the shot!

Or he/she might just be called into the office to let him/her know about their new promotion to customer.

So yeah, wow..

i called them again and asked if they will be notifying everyone that its just for a single club or what. she said she would contact her supervisor that deals with amazon and let him know about it and see if they can get it changed. She said she didnt know or have any control over sending out emails to everyone. she was really nice about it. that the supervisor would be in later and she would let him know about it. she was real friendly about it. im sure everyone will get a refund back no need to get the panties in wad yet lol

you said basically the same thing i said an hour ago lol guess he is out playing golf.

I'll bet he is there and he's not talking to anyone because he's too busy trying to fix this screwup.

you said basically the same thing i said an hour ago lol guess he is out playing golf.

Sorry to steal your thunder bridges, I read something earlier on my phone in this thread about people getting a single iron so I figured I would call to add a perspective... The guy I talked to said he already responded to 4 of these calls today haha... At least he spoke English!

Sorry to steal your thunder bridges, I read something earlier on my phone in this thread about people getting a single iron so I figured I would call to add a perspective... The guy I talked to said he already responded to 4 of these calls today haha... At least he spoke English!

o no worries, i just ment it as i guess there is still no update an hour later on this.

I find all of this quite comical to think people thought this would actually work. If anyone is mad they should be mad at themselves for trying to exploit the system instead of calling amazon to see if it was an error.

I find all of this quite comical to think people thought this would actually work. If anyone is mad they should be mad at themselves for trying to exploit the system instead of calling amazon to see if it was an error.

Amazon doesn't handle emails with goods being sold through one of their merchants. I sent TGW an email, through the amazon site, and have not gotten a reply yet.

Do you think it's comical that people play the lottery? I don't really get your point.

Back