Is Everyone Else Just HOT?

thats brutal esox, I guess there might really be something to this global warming thingy?!?!

thats brutal esox, I guess there might really be something to this global warming thingy?!?!

But they were a little off last Summer and this last Winter when we had three weeks of -20* wind chill.

Kevin

I know the swamp feeling Esox. I was glad to get out of it last year and this year. I thought the boss kept you locked in the basement with work.

Notice nobody mentions that in the heart of winter. :)

well it's 98 degrees here northwest of charlotte but index feels like 108. It's pretty damn hot is all I can tell you and tomorrow is supposed to be even worse. Humidity is over 50 percent so basically you get swamp butt from just walking to the mail box.

I know the swamp feeling Esox. I was glad to get out of it last year and this year. I thought the boss kept you locked in the basement with work.

Notice nobody mentions that in the heart of winter. :)

When it gets as busy as it right now, she gets to stay in the cool basement office while I'm out in the field inspecting and measuring houses and feeding the mosquitoes. The last six weeks have seemed like three years.

Kevin

When it gets as busy as it right now, she gets to stay in the cool basement office while I'm out in the field inspecting and measuring houses and feeding the mosquitoes. The last six weeks have seemed like three years.

Kevin

at least you're busy though, right? i've been helping erin's sister (who just closed on her first house) rip up all the old carpet, padding and i have to scrape the old glue off the floors so i can sand and refinish them. it sucks being handy and family sometimes. i'm done for the day though, i need to get hydrated.

got up to 110 today here :( only played once this week!

first its really hot, then it rains and after its even hotter! :(

Oh yeah. Its hot in Bama. And we start padded practices next week... :(

Sweltering here in Hotlanta. Was out yesterday and heat kicked my butt. Had to back out of golf today because of heat. That really bummed me out b/c I was playing with some fellow THP'ers.

Sweltering here in Hotlanta. Was out yesterday and heat kicked my butt. Had to back out of golf today because of heat. That really bummed me out b/c I was playing with some fellow THP'ers.

i can't imagine it in atlanta man! who were you suppose to play with today?

SethO and ADWillingham. I really felt bad too, but heat index is set to be over 100 again today. You should have seen how ragged I looked after yesterday.

SethO and ADWillingham. I really felt bad too, but heat index is set to be over 100 again today. You should have seen how ragged I looked after yesterday.

yeah, that is a bummer but i don't blame you one bit. it's hard to motivate me to play in this heat here in the mountains, i couldn't imagine it in the concrete jungle!! you guys will have plenty of opportunities to get together. it's all good.

that sucks smg, but probable the smart thing to do

The concrete jungles arent the only hot places....According to the TV weather, during the golf telecast golf, it's 98* on the Outer Banks (NC) with a heat index of 113...Tons of humidity...I thought the beaches were supposed to be cooler !!!!! I moved out of South Florida to get away from the heat....

Last edited:
man friends of mine actually went to amusement parks today with their kids... lol

man friends of mine actually went to amusement parks today with their kids... lol

They're insane. I remember going to Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens in that oppressive heat when I was a kid. I thought I was going to melt or start looking like Pizza the Hut.

Usually the worst times to go to amusement parks are the best, like raining, hot,etc. There are no lines. We went this year on the 4th of july and there were no lines until late in the day.

They're insane. I remember going to Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens in that oppressive heat when I was a kid. I thought I was going to melt or start looking like Pizza the Hut.

thats exactly where they went and it was 112... hahaha... id be in the oktoberfest beer garden alllll day

On the days that we don't cancel our golf games, we are now only playing 9 holes, it's all we can tolerate...

I was playing in a tournament today and had to walk 18. I got through the first 9 and had to drop out. It was that bad.

I was playing in a tournament today and we were walking 18. I got thorough the first 9 and dropped out. It was that bad.

I posted in the Dehydration Thread about my battle with the heat. Water alone does not work for me on a hot day. The last two rounds I played in the heat I ate Cliff Bar "Shot Blocks" along with plenty of water. With the addition of the Shot Blocks I've been able to beat the heat, no post round heat exhaustion symptopns and plenty of energy to enjoy the rest of the day with the family.

I recommend y'all try an add on energy product when playing in the heat.

Back