The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely want to find a good book. And watched the first season of orange is the new black but haven't watched the other 2 so I might start that up.

If you're looking for a good book/series check out Stephen King's Dark Tower. It's a 7 book series. It's pretty good if you like his works and it's long so it'll take some time.

Sucks to hear what you're going through. Be sure to reach out to someone if you need something. Sometimes a shoulder to cry on is the best thing. Don't keep it pent up.

So much truth in this. After my divorce I took a solid six months to simply work on myself, focus on my life (getting my career on track), and take time to do things I wanted to do and hadn't been able. Not ashamed to admit some therapy was involved too. Stepped out of my comfort zone on a lot of things. It's a crappy experience, getting divorced, and i wouldn't wish it on anyone, but if you learn from it, it'll leave you a better person.

Now I have a wonderful wife and an awesome son. In hindsight, my ex really did me a favor.

Not a relationship guru by any stretch of the imagination, but if the going gets tough, my inbox is open. Been there, done that, printed up the T shirts.

Same here deuce. I hit the gym harder that ever, took a job related class. Did some things for me that I could never do in my marriage. I really had no plans on ever being in another serious committed relationship, let alone getting remarried. But it happened, and it is without a doubt the best thing to ever happen to me. Now in addition to my 2 great sons, I have a great stepson & daughter as well. Be sad when you need to be, but keep moving forward - something good WILL come your way! Always willing to listen or talk!

Looks like my dishwasher was jealous of all the attention my water tank got a few weeks ago when it died, because tonight it decided to stop working. A few lights on the keypad are flashing but it's not doing anything. I have a repair guy from Sears coming tomorrow, so not only do I get to spend even more money fixing stuff, I get to miss a morning of work too.

Home ownership!!!!

Looks like my dishwasher was jealous of all the attention my water tank got a few weeks ago when it died, because tonight it decided to stop working. A few lights on the keypad are flashing but it's not doing anything. I have a repair guy from Sears coming tomorrow, so not only do I get to spend even more money fixing stuff, I get to miss a morning of work too.

Home ownership!!!!
After trying and failing to fix my washing machine I finally hired a guy to do it. 1 hour and $200 later its back in action.

What's next I wonder?

Work has become miserable... I absolutely despise going in. Change in a lot of senior management and my new boss thinks it's the marine boot camp.

It it is really starting to affect my home and personal life. Something has to give and change. I am starting a job search and it's a true PITA. I'm at the point where I will be more than happy to take a pay cut to be happier. This job has showed me that money doesn't make the job okay.

My wife's cousin is a racist piece of crap. I didn't know this when I accepted his friend request on FB, but there is no denying it with the way he posts. I want to say something, but in the name of keeping the peace I don't any longer*. Unfriending him could also lead to blow back ... so guess I'll just make it such that I don't see any of his posts. The fricking irony? He's a pastor.

If I could go back in time, I'd off three people. Hitler, the jerk who invented the popcorn ceiling, and Mark Zuckerberg.

*I did a couple of times and boy did it lead to a royal family mess, thanks to his equally idiotic children (one of whom rents a house that my wife partly owns ... the joys of inheritances).

My wife's cousin is a racist piece of crap. I didn't know this when I accepted his friend request on FB, but there is no denying it with the way he posts. I want to say something, but in the name of keeping the peace I don't any longer*. Unfriending him could also lead to blow back ... so guess I'll just make it such that I don't see any of his posts. The fricking irony? He's a pastor.

If I could go back in time, I'd off three people. Hitler, the jerk who invented the popcorn ceiling, and Mark Zuckerberg.

*I did a couple of times and boy did it lead to a royal family mess, thanks to his equally idiotic children (one of whom rents a house that my wife partly owns ... the joys of inheritances).
i understand trying to keep piece. But if your wife has a Doesnt understamd you np being offended that's an issue as ell isn't it. But I had a long time friend post some racist jokes and added comments. I took anout two seconds to unfriend.

You can now unfollow on Facebook. You are still friends, he will still see your posts, but his won't be on your time line.

I have many distant family members on that list.

Not handling it all that well but getting better everyday. She was the love of my life but nothing I can do now but work on me. It is a realization that took a few weeks and wouldn't have been able to do it without some amazing people. I have too much going for me to be miserable. I am sad but honestly I have to get back on the right track and cannot do that when I am spending all day thinking what if

The what if is seriously strong enough to drive someone mad. It's uncontrollable, never really makes much sense and will never leave your mind. I went through this myself and honestly it was hell for the first 4 weeks or so but then it just hit me. All you can control is you. The rest is going to happen no matter what you do

Yep getting better day by day man. Like I said I am working to be a better me. It is all I can control. One day when I am ready I will find someone else and I will be better equipped to handle challenges because of this. It will be a long road but I am ready to tackle it with the support of my friends and family

Yep getting better day by day man. Like I said I am working to be a better me. It is all I can control. One day when I am ready I will find someone else and I will be better equipped to handle challenges because of this. It will be a long road but I am ready to tackle it with the support of my friends and family

You're a bright guy with a future dude you will be fine .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're a bright guy with a future dude you will be fine .

Thanks brother. I truly mean it. All the thoughts really do help. I know I'll be fine

I will say that during that 4 months of hell I lost like 30 lbs haha

I will say that during that 4 months of hell I lost like 30 lbs haha

Ya one positive due to my lack of eating all that much. Luckily the granddaddy prep will get 100% of my focus now. No worries about splitting time etc

Just unfollow him.

i understand trying to keep piece. But if your wife has a Doesnt understamd you np being offended that's an issue as ell isn't it. But I had a long time friend post some racist jokes and added comments. I took anout two seconds to unfriend.

She thinks he is a moron, but you can't unrelate yourself from someone. Lots of family drama right now, so trying to avoid making a stink or scene. He's a self-righteous prat, and so are his kids ... but it's not like we can avoid them in all circumstances. I did unfollow him ... just got to hope he doesn't troll me ... you see I am a papist after all.

Rant.... guilt trips about upcoming rounds of golf suck big time!!!!

Las Vegas has a bizarre infatuation with Pepsi. Can't a guy get a Coke? Mirage and Bellagio have Coke I think. However, it seems a disproportionate number of places are exclusively Pepsi. I like to think JB and GG took this into consideration when choosing the venue for the Vegas THP event.

I'm already sick of being sick. This bites.

Well I posted in the banter thread a couple days ago about giving a friend benefit of the doubt a few times and getting burned. I didn't want it to be a rant because I thought it would pass. I also know I said "moving on" but dang if it doesn't appear he has done it again, this time to a mutual friend. I guess this can be an official rant now...

I guess the good news is I wont give him benefit of the doubt anymore. Hard part is I have to interact with him everyday at work

sheesh

Well I posted in the banter thread a couple days ago about giving a friend benefit of the doubt a few times and getting burned. I didn't want it to be a rant because I thought it would pass. I also know I said "moving on" but dang if it doesn't appear he has done it again, this time to a mutual friend. I guess this can be an official rant now...

I guess the good news is I wont give him benefit of the doubt anymore. Hard part is I have to interact with him everyday at work

sheesh
Your a good dude. Rancey. Don't let someone else drag you down. Some people will do what they want to do despite the consequences for anyone else. We live in a "me me me" world. The days of being courteous and putting people before yourself are long gone.

sheesh

Been there and done that Rancey, definitely not an easy thing to do.

We live in a "me me me" world. The days of being courteous and putting people before yourself are long gone.
Boy this is so true, and so sad.

Las Vegas has a bizarre infatuation with Pepsi. Can't a guy get a Coke? Mirage and Bellagio have Coke I think. However, it seems a disproportionate number of places are exclusively Pepsi. I like to think JB and GG took this into consideration when choosing the venue for the Vegas THP event.

No Coke, Pepsi:

Been through my share of this buddy, don't hesitate to reach out if you need an ear to vent on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back