Golf Pride VictoryGrips - THP Review

Are these the same exact grips that were released years ago, or the same aesthetics with new materials? If it's the latter, these would be fun to play for nostalgia purposes. If the former, I'm not at all enthusiastic about these, as there's been a ton of advances in materials used for grips since these were popular.

I would have to think that their process has been refined, but I don't think the technology is all that much different. That it is a re-release makes me think they took a lot of what was already there, or what they have been doing to build for the tour vans over the years.

I would have to think that their process has been refined, but I don't think the technology is all that much different. That it is a re-release makes me think they took a lot of what was already there, or what they have been doing to build for the tour vans over the years.

Thanks. That actually gets me wondering - I wonder if my less-than-fond memories of these grips come from the fact that they were usually what was on hand me down clubs I got from my dad or other relatives growing up? Be interesting to see how a new set felt, especially given that there are still guys playing them on tour.

Thanks. That actually gets me wondering - I wonder if my less-than-fond memories of these grips come from the fact that they were usually what was on hand me down clubs I got from my dad or other relatives growing up? Be interesting to see how a new set felt, especially given that there are still guys playing them on tour.

From what I have been reading (read: googling), it seems like the tour presence is fairly limited, from golfers who refuse to switch their grips.

I had a set of Dunlop ladies clubs which had these on them - definitely a #Throwback

I will be interested in hearing your thoughts on these. As I remember I liked the cord version but the regular ones seemed slick. To be fair, any club that I owned would have been used.

There are little dots on the center area of the back, if that's what you're referencing.

20150922_103106-XL.jpg

I had them back in the day on my woods and felt like the club was going to fly out of my hand.

The reminder grip has a strip of something on the back side. If it's there you'll notice it when they are installed. It feels like a piece of uncooked spaghetti.

Nice.

Maybe if I grab a set of these and some tommy armour 855's I will be good at golf again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These were the ONLY grips my father would play. He looked like I renounced my religion and became a communist when I asked for some Tour Wraps on my old blades when I was about 12.

Man I love these grips, for me it was a great reminder of where to put my fingers on every swing, my tendency it to go strong with the right hand and these keep me neutral. A visual reminder.

I have owned several sets of clubs with these grips, throw back Tuesday for sure.

Yup ,,, I wore out a bunch of these puppies! Brings back good memories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My dad had these on his first or second set of clubs, definitely got a little slippy. I remember hitting practice balls with his 6 iron in our back garden ( in the direction of the kitchen window) and just clinging on to the club as it tried to fly away! Heart was in my mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalky

Back in the 90's when I could play every day, I had the full cords and never wore a glove. It was interesting to check my calluses against the chart in Ben Hogan's book. Sadly my hands are baby soft today.

I inherited my dad's Wilson Staff's (circa 1980ish). They are mint and sat in the closet for years. Last summer I decided to regrip them just for fun and to maybe display in our sports room and I looked everywhere for the green victory grip - had no idea they'd stop making them. I ended up just putting some Lamkins on. Really tempted to do another regrip and restore them to their original look.

just picked up 13 of the victory cords - saving them for next year and new irons once I decide. Will throw a couple on my wedges and give some feedback if my back ever heals up.

Back