Cleveland Golf TFi 2135 - THP Review Thread

You stupid piece of garbage putter 2135. I hate you. I effin hate you.
I cannot get you out of my mind. You are like a mistress that I long for.
Every time I line up with something else, I find myself fidgeting my head over the ball trying to align just perfectly to make sure its right.

I mean after all, I could have the perfect stroke, but if my eyes arent right to set up properly, I will miss every putt.

I'll take this as you like the 2135. You have my attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time I line up with something else, I find myself fidgeting my head over the ball trying to align just perfectly to make sure its right.

I mean after all, I could have the perfect stroke, but if my eyes arent right to set up properly, I will miss every putt.
Completely ruins other putters. Really does.

Might I talk you into bringing one for me to roll this weekend?

Apparently I'm watching someone who doesn't want to update his WITB.

Apparently I'm watching someone who doesn't want to update his WITB.

Not yet, waiting till I learn more about Up and Down next month.

This is 100% accurate for me. I played 36 holes this weekend and my speed was great, I didn't figure out until hole 30 that My alignment was off because I was standing too far from the ball.

I have a huge ponder for this putter and I truly didn't think I would look at any other putter beside my Nead.

I am looking hard at the 8.0 with the heavier head, is the grip weighted or there a weight on the shaft?

I would be very interested in the 8.0 head and 65g weighted grip vs the 135g weighted grip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was pretty disappointed yesterday I went to both Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy to check this putter out and neither store had them in stock, and even worse both didn't think they would get them in. I know I would like the 6.5 so I will probably just order it online because I need all the help I can get on the greens.

That's why I'm not going to go looking for it till the event. But I'm excited that you are saying these things. Really excited!

So looking forward to hearing more about of this putter. I will be checking them out first hand upon release, but ready to hear what a everyone attending the event thinks.

I'm looking forward to having my putting changed for the better

I'm also waiting, impatiently, for Up & Down before I touch one of these putters.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

I'm looking forward to having my putting changed for the better

I think after my last 2 rounds my putting can only get better! This couldn't be a better event for me and my game right now!

The absolute worst thing I did this year was roll that putter before I could walk out with one. Looks, Feel and the simply perfect alignment aid. Even though I asked every day and I got,,,,"It's on the way" it was of little consolation. At least when I get home from this trip it will be in my filthy hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I'll even go so far to say, don't walk in to try one of these unless you have the money. Because the concept and the execution of the putter is so good that it will drive you nuts, not playing it. It's not an exaggerated statement either.

As of this afternoon, I'm the owner of a 2135 8.0.

I've been wanting to go back to a counterbalanced putter for a while now - my issues with putting this year have largely been on makable 3-4 foot putts. I went to the range today, and decided to poke my head in the shop. They had the entire Cleveland line there, including each model of the 2135, as well as all of the TFi smart square models. Historically, I'm a mallet/mid-mallet guy, so I was drawn to the TFi ISO (the single square) and the 6.5 at first. But, it only took a few rolls with the 2135 8.0 to walk out the door with it. Perfect weight for me, and sets up just perfectly choked down a little bit. I'm a believer in the alignment as well - not only was I starting the putt on the line I was expecting, but I was centering the putter consistently, and I think the raised alignment helps with getting the "right" ball position.

Looking forward to hearing more about this in the up and down thread, but I couldn't wait until then to buy one of these. I'll update with my thoughts as I get it on course.

Nice purchase!

35". I usually play my putters at 33 or 34.

Sweet. I have no idea what's in store for us, or if we even get a choice. But I have visions of a 35" 8.0 joining my bag. I also play a 34" putter now - I'm really curious how the CB effect works when choking down an inch.

As of this afternoon, I'm the owner of a 2135 8.0.

I've been wanting to go back to a counterbalanced putter for a while now - my issues with putting this year have largely been on makable 3-4 foot putts. I went to the range today, and decided to poke my head in the shop. They had the entire Cleveland line there, including each model of the 2135, as well as all of the TFi smart square models. Historically, I'm a mallet/mid-mallet guy, so I was drawn to the TFi ISO (the single square) and the 6.5 at first. But, it only took a few rolls with the 2135 8.0 to walk out the door with it. Perfect weight for me, and sets up just perfectly choked down a little bit. I'm a believer in the alignment as well - not only was I starting the putt on the line I was expecting, but I was centering the putter consistently, and I think the raised alignment helps with getting the "right" ball position.

Looking forward to hearing more about this in the up and down thread, but I couldn't wait until then to buy one of these. I'll update with my thoughts as I get it on course.

How would you say the weight compares to the Nead?

How would you say the weight compares to the Nead?

It's definitely heftier if we are talking total weight. The head is 400+ grams and the grip is 135. I haven't rolled the Nead recently, so I don't want to speak to feel. I would say that this definitely feels counterbalanced and not just heavy.

It's definitely heftier if we are talking total weight. The head is 400+ grams and the grip is 135. I haven't rolled the Nead recently, so I don't want to speak to feel. I would say that this definitely feels counterbalanced and not just heavy.

Color me more intrigued then.

Color me more intrigued then.

Let's get a round in and you can roll it for 18 holes. I think you'll be a fan.

I'm going to give these a roll tomorrow if the North Myrtle Beach PGA SS has them in stock. Not really wanting to walk away with a 58* wedge AND a putter, but if I need to, I'll need too. I'm really getting along with the Windy City, but I think the 8.0 would really give the WC a run for its money.

Back