Grandura Shafts Review Thread

Thanks. Im going to give it some more swings tomorrow morning since I have to go to the range with some new clubs to test anyway. Figured I would hop on the FlightScope and alternate shafts in the driver to get a more thorough understanding of the feel vs numbers thing.

Thanks. Im going to give it some more swings tomorrow morning since I have to go to the range with some new clubs to test anyway. Figured I would hop on the FlightScope and alternate shafts in the driver to get a more thorough understanding of the feel vs numbers thing.
That's not a bad idea. I don't have a monitor but I would like to do a head to head with a couple of the shafts I have just to see.

1 - Based on the flex you've received, how responsive would you say the Grandura is compared to your expectations of any other shaft in similar flex?

It feels about how I would expect, just a bit softer than my previous shaft.

2 - Does the weight suit you?

The weight suits me well as it is what I am used to now. The only odd thing is that it "feels" lighter, different balance point I'm guessing.

3 - Does the flex suit you?

So far the flex seems to be ideal for me, it doesn't mess with me at all, the shaft is stable and the head "feels" like it is where it is supposed to be during the swing. Those are all perceptions, but it's good that there is nothing about this shaft that makes me feel like I have to change anything in my swing. It feels just as right when swinging a little easy as it does swinging as hard as my arms can carry me, if that makes any sense.

4 - Which side would you prefer to face upward in your gamer? Do you notice it at all?

I don't really notice.

5 - After spending time with the shafts and reading everyone's thoughts, does 510, 530, 550, 570, and 590 mean a lot more to you now, or is it just a number?

It does make sense to me. It would be nice to be able to compare the 550 to 510 and 590 to get a feel for the difference.

6 - A couple weeks in, give me your thoughts on the design again. Perfection? Too loud? Too subtle?
Perfection imo.

7 - Focus on the biggest POSITIVE having Grandura in your driver and explain why.
Higher ball speeds – No explanation needed as to why that’s a positive. I’m not sure what the reason is for the higher ball speeds, but I am enjoying it greatly.

8 - Focus on the biggest NEGATIVE having Grandura in your driver and explain why.
I honestly haven’t found a negative with this shaft, it has been great so far.

9 - Without pricepoint information considered, what is this shaft valued at, to you? 50 dollars? 1,000 dollars?
I’m not up on shaft values, but if this shaft had cost upwards of $400+ I wouldn’t be disappointed.

I can't wait to get my hands on a 510 and maybe a 530 as well to throw in the DBD been waiting patiently (for me ha). Have never been this excited about a shaft but I know what is going into these and it has me really pumped up

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

I can't wait to get my hands on a 510 and maybe a 530 as well to throw in the DBD been waiting patiently (for me ha). Have never been this excited about a shaft but I know what is going into these and it has me really pumped up

Next time I see you at a THP event you can take my 530 and put it in your driver head for the round.

Next time I see you at a THP event you can take my 530 and put it in your driver head for the round.

have you hit the 530 against the 590?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal. Always coming through. Just another reason to jump in more events :)

James was absolutely murdering his 590 today.

James was absolutely murdering his 590 today.
Yeah, I got it going a good but today, finally really starting to get comfortable and when I get out of my way I hit a couple bombs. Best part though as JB mentioned when I hit the last one with it, I hit it high, a good kind of high, and about 250 carry. That's phenomenal for me and was a shot type/flight that will travel ANYWHERE.

I have 36 planned for Tuesday on a challenging course. I'll pull driver in spots that I normally wouldn't just to see how this bad boy fares. I'll also have access to a fly-z+ and might tinker a bit just to see if the lower spin helps.

Also, Freddie hitting the GBB and 590 was filthy.

I really want to try the 590 vs my addi

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Also, Freddie hitting the GBB and 590 was filthy.
I'm going to take a few more cuts tomorrow morning. It's just so sweet!

To me the Grandura is as smooth in the feel department as the KBS shafts are in my irons. No whip action and no rebar feel at impact. It just feels fluid at impact. And the spin (speculating) must have been pretty good as the ball just seemed to stay aloft on its trajectory. Very nice hang time. I'll see if this is true again tomorrow.

To me the Grandura is as smooth in the feel department as the KBS shafts are in my irons. No whip action and no rebar feel at impact. It just feels fluid at impact. And the spin (speculating) must have been pretty good as the ball just seemed to stay aloft on its trajectory. Very nice hang time. I'll see if this is true again tomorrow.
Great description dude! Nice way to sum it up and I agree

That is a great post with the description.

Another round in the books for me and I am really enjoying it so far. I feel like I know exactly what I am going to get with each swing, which is solid consistent performance every time. The driver has been the best club in the bag for me lately and today was no exception. I wasn't any longer than I have been recently, but it feels like I am hitting the ball to my max more often.

It was a pretty calm day today and my trajectory was more of a mid to even low-mid today. Maybe the first day I thought to myself that I needed more height but not unexpected for the lowest launch/spin shaft in Grandura's line-up.

The shaft still looks like it did the day I pulled it out of the box. I was a little worried that the matte finish wouldn't hold up that well but it has been very durable and still looks great.

Another round in the books & this time I had the 530 paired with the GBB head. This set up felt completely different than paired with my BBA815.

First thought was this "felt" like a lighter set up. So much so that where previously I was thinking the shaft was too stiff, all that changed today. I felt like I could get after it today and without any hard numbers other than the gps, I was about 7-10 yards longer off the tee with the GBB head vs the BBA 815.

Trajectory was still mid and I was consistently hitting 250-260 off the tee total distances.

I'm really excited to get this one back on the range with my SC-100 and get some validation of what I'm seeing.

This thread has been too quiet recently. I played 9 holes yesterday, and the winds were probably 10-20 mph all day long. Most of the holes were either playing straight into the wind or straight downwind, but there were also a couple of holes where crosswinds were in play. Even with those conditions, I shot +3 on the nine holes, and a big part of that was no big misses off of the tee, allowing me to have good looks on every approach shot on the par 4s. Another thing that I saw is that the ballflight wasn't affected very much going into the wind or in the crosswinds, and going downwind I was able to see some really big drives. I wasn't measuring yardages yesterday, but I was paired up with another single, and twice he said "Is that your drive?" when he saw how far they had gone.

I've also decided to stop trying to look for a draw when playing this shaft. Part of that may be due to ball position as I've been working on trying to put the ball further forward in my stance with the driver to increase my launch, but I also think that part of it is this shaft being more tip-stiff and lower spin than my previous shaft. On all of the balls yesterday that I hit really well, the ballflight was either dead straight or a slight fade. My misses yesterday were 2 pulls to the left and one fade that came from hitting the ball well into the heel on the club. It's going to be a change for me, but I'm going to try to play for the straight ball or fade for the rest of the season and see how that goes.

I didn't think yesterday was worth posting about, since the weather was atrocious. I hit some ok shots, some decent distance, but honestly had very little with my swing. massive toe hits. just absolute garbage to extrapolate any kind of reliable data or draw conclusions.

I've been slacking guys I'm sorry. Been busy and now the weather is poop. Really counting on getting out Friday.

I know a few folks hit the Grandura shaft at the Bridgestone Championship this past weekend. All good things from what i heard. One piece of equipment I wish I would've tried.

I know a few folks hit the Grandura shaft at the Bridgestone Championship this past weekend. All good things from what i heard. One piece of equipment I wish I would've tried.

I watched Tadashi murder a ball with this and the Great Big Bertha combo.

Especially since you played with a guy with one in the bag on Sunday!

Back