Grandura Shafts Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has these shafts headed out to forum members and this thread will serve as host for all of their reviews, and of course any reviews that anybody would like to add. If you missed the introduction to this new premium brand, you can view the THP Exclusive Preview here.

Sooooooooo, its time to get this thing started!

Waiting for me yesterday evening when I got home was a pretty sweet box from Grandura and enclosed in it was the shaft I've been paired to for this testing...the Grandura 590.

The 590 is the lightest offering and in the stiff flex it is labeled as being 57g, coming from my LZ50 Handcrafted this is very much a weight I'm comfortable with. Moreso, I believe this is classed as a mid-launch and mid-spin shaft which will be fun. Its being paired with my Great Big Bertha 10.5 head and is setup to play at my preferred 46" which should provide for some really fun testing.

For those curious, a little about my swing, I'm a 107 range guy with the driver in hand and definitely have an aggressive move.

Without further ado though? The Grandura 590...

DSC_0185-X2.jpg

DSC_0173-X2.jpg

DSC_0175-X2.jpg

DSC_0174-X2.jpg

DSC_0176-X2.jpg

DSC_0178-X2.jpg

DSC_0179-X2.jpg

DSC_0180-X2.jpg

DSC_0183-X2.jpg

DSC_0184-X2.jpg

DSC_0182-X2.jpg

Nice. I was waiting for this thread to be unlocked so I can share my thoughts.

Updated Tester Chart (I will update as everyone receives their shaft)

THPerShaft ReceivedSwing SpeedAggressive/SmoothDriver HeadBall HeightBall Direction/Miss
Canadan530 (65g, X)113SmoothAlpha 815 DBDHighDraw
Jman590 (57g, Stiff)107In betweenGreat Big BerthaMid/HighFade
ddec97AggressiveCover Tour 2.0HighSlight Draw
BambooBender550 (70g, Stiff)102AggressiveCover TourHighStraight
jlukes550 (70g, Stiff)107AggressiveSrixon z545MidStraight/Slight Fade
caeleric590 (71g, TS)100SmoothFly ZMidStraight/Block Right
Evok550 (70g, Stiff)103SmoothAlpha 815HighStraight/Slight Fade
Howzat510 (70g, Stiff)104In betweenAlpha 815Mid/HighSlight Fade
mikeg_74530 (65g, Stiff)98SmoothAlpha 815MidStraight/Slight Fade
arydolphin530 (65g, Stiff)105AggressiveBio Cell+Mid/HighStraight/Hook Right

Last edited:
I'm pumped to get out there with this, lots running around in my head curiosity wise for sure. Should be a 4 day practice week for me and then it'll get a trial by tourney on Saturday as well.

Not even going to glance at anything resembling numbers for a while, just me, the shaft, and what I'm seeing/experiencing and feeling though the swing.

Hell yeah! Can't wait to get started and am looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts about the one they get.

Love those graphics and I now officially have no friggen clue what I'll be getting on Monday!

Great pics

Agreed. Great looking shaft.

I love the graphics, simple and subtle, but look amazing!

JB,

I believe the Grandura has been in your signature for some time. Will you be providing a review?

I'm looking forward to following with everyone's thoughts. The graphics look fantastic on that one, Jman.

I knew these were made in California, but I didn't realize they were handcrafted! Wow!

Which one are you playing again?

You and I are playing the same shaft. I have a couple of others, but the 590 in my GBB head is like jeebus himself handed me a driver and said "Go Do Work Old Man".

do all testers have theirs in hand, or at least have notification of pending delivery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I received my shaft yesterday afternoon. First off thank you THP and Grandura for the opportunity to share my thoughts & I'm looking forward to putting this one through the paces.

I was fit to the 530 (Red) 65gm stiff flex offering that is their mid launch/mid/low spin. The weight is 65gm which is right there with my Diamana Blue S+ & Alidla Rogue Silver 60 I have previously played. I will be pairing this with my BBA 815 set to +1|D playing at my preferred length of 45". I'll be getting out for a couple range sessions and hopefully 18 holes this Friday.

Here are a few pictures(excuse the poor pictures these were taken with my phone)

d108a12a231e6a6883c12d89bf275210.jpg

625b4421a694e49c804aa7e6c1e26838.jpg

0d8a9578afb058c221de28262078f56b.jpg

You and I are playing the same shaft. I have a couple of others, but the 590 in my GBB head is like jeebus himself handed me a driver and said "Go Do Work Old Man".

Nice! I thought it was the 590, but wasn't sure.

You know I've become a believer in lighter since moving to the LZ50, so this one has me all sorts of anticipatory and curious.

do all testers have theirs in hand, or at least have notification of pending delivery?

No. But let's keep this thread to the reviews for the guests searching and if anybody has questions about delivery, please do PM Me during the business week and I can check on things. We know all items have been shipped.

Just like Icey and Spicoli, love the look of the graphics. Intrigued like never before about a shaft for this. Can't wait to hear your thoughts Jman.

graphics look awesome! great pics so far.

I have to say, these shafts look so unique. No crazy color schemes or graphics. Just very sleek and understated.

Really refreshing look to them!

Agree with loving the clean look of these. Can't wait to hear more.

Such a truly fantastic and clean looking shaft, excited for the reviews to start rolling in - I'm definitely interested in adding the right classification of this shaft to my bag in due time. I'm ready for something different.

Can't remember exactly the set-up that you had in Savannah with the GBB, but if this was it, I agree 1000% and still think daily about how great that set-up felt!

Back