Grandura Shafts Review Thread

what do you have in your fw now?

i enjoyed the 590 and saw some good stuff out of it, but didn't quite have the ss to get everything that was in there.

Current fw shaft is a Blue Diamana S+ 72g - I've actually never hit another fw shaft since getting this setup. I just figure why not experiment

Current fw shaft is a Blue Diamana S+ 72g - I've actually never hit another fw shaft since getting this setup. I just figure why not experiment

did you ever end up trying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you ever end up trying it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did for one range session and then forget all about it haha. Out of sight out of mind I guess. I liked it, quite a bit actually. I put in the driver and 3w for fun. Obviously my driver shaft isn't going anywhere so that was out but surprisingly I liked the heavier shaft. Ball flight was very nice mod to mid high and it felt nice for having a lower torque from what I recall too, no numbers though and never took it out on the course.

I'm certain I could put in right in my 3w but then I figured I would have to have the tip removed and tipped an inch them reinstalled to be a 3w shaft and it just didn't seem worth all the hassle.

Y’all mind if I give my impressions on it? THP SS hooked it up and would love to give my input

Sent from HTX

Y’all mind if I give my impressions on it? THP SS hooked it up and would love to give my input

Sent from HTX

Absolutely, please share. What shaft did you get?

Grandura 590 Tour stiff 71g

Sent from HTX

awesome! i reviewed the 590 ts for this thread. it was a beast of a performer. i think the non-tour stiff would have fit me a little better, but the results i got were excellent. i wouldn't say it had a lively feel, just very stable. looking forward to your thoughts.

First impression after 9. Shaft feels smooth. Ball jumps even though the swing isn’t hard. Can definitely get comfortable smoothing them knowing that the shaft will load and unload, unlike many other Tour stiff or X stiff clubs. Dispersion is TIGHT and is helping with some mammoth drives. One that was out there 325 and another out there at 304. This shaft is installed in the Great Big Bertha from 2014. So far it’s basically point and shoot with a draw. 7/7 FWs hit

Sent from HTX

Sent from HTX

The more the merrier dude.

I often think about what could have been with these, the tech was beyond legit.

The more the merrier dude.

I often think about what could have been with these, the tech was beyond legit.

What ever happened to them? They seem like their made with high quality materials

Sent from HTX

What ever happened to them? They seem like their made with high quality materials

Sent from HTX

The funding for the company pulled out.
Then the name was acquired by Matrix shafts.

The funding for the company pulled out.
Then the name was acquired by Matrix shafts.
What happens to the name with the current state of Matrix shafts?

What happens to the name with the current state of Matrix shafts?

If they found a buyer, I am sure the name is included. If they didn't, then it would go the way of all of the other stuff they own and try to recover some of the losses.

So I was thinking. What current shaft on the market is comparable to the 590 in TS. Also is TS essentially and X flex?

Sent from HTX

Okay so I put the Grandura on the back burner for a bit and decided to swing a 70g Tour AD GP for a bit. It feels really boardy to me. Thecrest4 was nice enough to send me his XR Head, and I couldn’t get along with that head shaft combo.

I just picked up an epic from 441, and am eager to try it out with the shaft. That will be tomorrow before work then I head out for a boys trip to play Galveston Country Club. Excited to see which shaft will make the cut for the trip

Sent from HTX

So I was thinking. What current shaft on the market is comparable to the 590 in TS. Also is TS essentially and X flex?

Sent from HTX

ts certainly felt like an x to me, but it's between stiff and x.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I see some of these floating around ebay new for around $50. Seemed to be a high quality high end shaft.
The one I am looking at is the 570 (Orange) in R flex. Nobody tested that shaft. The testers in this threads all were around 100mph or faster and some said these played firm to stated flex.

I am at 90mph and play all R flex but in these would I need A flex?

Any commentary is appreciated.

Back