Miyazaki C. Kua Shafts

Today I am taking some of the new shafts out on the course for testing. And to take it a step further, we are playing a course that is EXTREMELY narrow off the tee. It will really give me a feel of shot making off the tee with both hybrid and driver as missing is not an option.

Today I am taking some of the new shafts out on the course for testing. And to take it a step further, we are playing a course that is EXTREMELY narrow off the tee. It will really give me a feel of shot making off the tee with both hybrid and driver as missing is not an option.

sounds like a great way to test the new combinations out! have fun.

fantastic! can't wait to hear how they perform on the course!

I am also excited to hear about this. I am very interested to hear the thoughts you have about this lighter shaft and if you are inclined to stick with your Kusala or switch to a C. Kua.

I am also excited to hear about this. I am very interested to hear the thoughts you have about this lighter shaft and if you are inclined to stick with your Kusala or switch to a C. Kua.

Are you talking shafts or JB specials?? lol

touche

if these shafts get a glowing review from JB, is one going to go into your Adams hybrid?
Don't know, or don't remember?

Played today with a couple of the Miyazaki C. Kua shafts with forum member biggsy. Used the DST driver with a 39 gram stiff shaft and a DST Launcher hybrid with their new hybrid shaft as well.

Hybrid
As many of you know, I loved the DST Launcher hybrid in its stock variety. It has been in my bag since the review and is not leaving anytime soon. Putting the Miyazaki C. Kua in it made it a little lighter, but not too light. The shaft did wonders for shot dispersion. I really did not miss much with this one all day long. Used it quite a bit and was getting great results. The feel is simply unreal for my game and performance showed (including a 35 on the back 9). I was not getting more distance really (the DST Launcher is REALLY LONG), but I was getting a tighter pattern of balls with virtually no misses which led to a little distance gain. But by the time the round was finished, I took the DST Launcher out of my bag and put the DST Launcher with Miyazaki in my bag. I felt that good about it.

Driver
Took the Taylormade SuperTri out of my bag today for a DST Launcher driver at 12 degrees with a Miyazaki C. Kua 39 gram fit for my swing. My first thought was that I was going to hit them sky high. Then realized the fine folks at Miyazaki have all of my numbers and had this baby dialed in. This was the first time on the course with it and it was a fun one. The first few tee shots were decent and then the trouble happened. 3 straight holes where I had big hooks off the tee. Something with my game that I just do not see much. Then I settled in and hit bomb after bomb right down the middle and hit all but one fairway on the last 13 holes. Once you get used to the weight (took about 5 holes and some range time) it just works great. Measured drives today on 3 holes and the average was 261 (way short of biggsy), but 9 yards past my normal average.

The feel is quite good even with it being so light and in the end after a round, I might be converted. The combination is REALLY GOOD. I think it would work well with quite a few drivers out there, but this worked REALLY WELL! Keep in mind that with their International Flex Code, you can really dial in a fitting and make sure you find a shaft that is perfect for your swing.

More coming soon as we get more work in with it and the other C. Kua shafts.

Great write up JB, I enjoyed that. It was great to hear the differences between the two.

Great feedback, JB. What adjustments did you have to make to the way you were swinging the clubs with the new shaft?

Great feedback, JB. What adjustments did you have to make to the way you were swinging the clubs with the new shaft?

I messed around with it on the range for a little while. BUt after you get used it (10-15 swings) I really did not have to make any adjustments that I noticed. Just my normal smooth swing (not that my swing is smooth). No trying to kill it, no trying to baby it. Just a regular swing. I was picking up great distance gains and biggsy was nervous (of course this was with a hybrid in his hands...hehe)

man, that's awesome to hear! i would be really curious to see how the c. kua shaft performed in your supertri. not that i'm opposed to the dst, just that i have an R9, so it would be easier to translate your results. great that you got it dialed in and congrats on that 35!!! glad to hear biggsy's still alive too....hehe

I'll be very interested to check these out in Florida. I could definitely benefit from a little more speed without the loss of control. It sounds like these shafts might have both qualities.

Curious to hear what playing length you used?

did you notice any difference between the playability of each of the shafts (hybrid felt different than driver) or were they pretty consistent with feel?

did you notice any difference between the playability of each of the shafts (hybrid felt different than driver) or were they pretty consistent with feel?

I think they are definitely consistent in the feel category.

Excellent write up JB, as always informative and just enough of a teaser for me to have to hide my wallet. Question though, if you were to get "dialed in" with the flex code, could any Miyazaki retailer do it?

Excellent write up JB, as always informative and just enough of a teaser for me to have to hide my wallet. Question though, if you were to get "dialed in" with the flex code, could any Miyazaki retailer do it?

As far as Tim said on our radio show last week, Miyazaki retail partners can all fit for the shaft and work with the International Flex Code.

As far as Tim said on our radio show last week, Miyazaki retail partners can all fit for the shaft and work with the International Flex Code.

Thanks. I didn't get a chance to listen to the show, I'll have to now that my interest is through the roof

Back