JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Another thread got me thinking about this. I am thinking about making one from scratch and wanted to get your thoughts. Do you use one? What type do you use? My favorite ironically enough is a Crown Royal bag. They are soft and do the job well. I think I could make something similar to that.

What are you using?

I've never really used one. My bag has a small zippered lined pocket and I just put my valuables there.

I use a Crown Pouch, gets the job done. I remember getting one made for the guys at the 3rd MC. Wish I kept one of them.

I use the Crown royal bag as well. Its so soft. What is that Velvet?

I use a Crown Pouch, gets the job done. I remember getting one made for the guys at the 3rd MC. Wish I kept one of them.
Yeah me too!

I don't use a valuables pouch, but that thread has me thinking of one as well. Hmmmmm, always pondering something!

Not for golf. The valuables pocket on my bag works plenty well for that. But for other stuff I also use crown royal bags.

I have a TaylorMade valuable pouch that I got in a mystery box a few years back and it has worked quite well.

My bag has a valuables pocket, as well as a second lined pocked for a phone. That works well for me.

I use Crown Royal bags too, but not for valuables. I keep regular tees in one and busted/short tees for par 3's in the other.

As far as valuables, I take off my ring and put it in my wallet and put it in one of the pockets on the golf bag.

I also have two CR bags full of golf balls that I removed from the bag when I cleaned it out the other day!

I have a Callaway pouch on my bag. It was cheap (under $20) but it works well. This isn't it, but it's the same one I have

8c1c6c30490079b9d2795556ca5a26a9.jpg

I've never used a valuables pouch. My bag has a fleece lined pocket that works great for my phone, etc.

I keep mine in my pants...

oh wait.

No I don't use one. But my father does, his is leather and has a pin (or spot for a pin) on the front. Draw string, a little smaller than the Crown Royal bag, but seems to have plenty of room for him.

I like the felt like material of the Crown Royal bag, so I think I will use that, rather than the Nylon type material that most come in.

I have one that was custom made with the Louisiana Tech University logo that I use. They had somebody make some custom putter covers and some valuables pouches as well. I can't remember the company that did them, but it's an awesome pouch. I'll look it up when I go home for lunch.

I've made 3 on my own out of leather. My latest bag has a magnetic closure and works wonderfully. I just need to find long, skinny magnets and they will be perfect.

Made one for my buddy and embroidered a logo on it before constructing and it turned out pretty well. I've also got a few stamps being made to try that out.

I could put one together out of velvet too. That seems cheaper and easier than leather but not nearly as nice IMO.

I don't use one anymore as my bag has enough pockets that are easily accessible that I can store that stuff in. I used to have one that was the typical nylon type until it fell off randomly and I lost everything in it. Luckily, I had decided to leave my keys and wallet in the car that day as it was a quick round.

I dont use one either, I use my bag's lined pouches.

I do have a Taylormade pouch I got in a secret santa box, and I use it to collect coins and collectibles in the garage

I like the idea, but it seems like it'd be a lot easier for your valuables to get lost/stolen due to the pouch getting torn off or unattached something, then if you just kep them in a pocket in your bag.

I don't use one currently but it's something I'm really looking into. I want a place to put my wallet, phone, and watch all into one place and not have to worry about the phone and watch getting beat up by tees, divot forks, and things like that.

I don't use one anymore as my bag has enough pockets that are easily accessible that I can store that stuff in. I used to have one that was the typical nylon type until it fell off randomly and I lost everything in it. Luckily, I had decided to leave my keys and wallet in the car that day as it was a quick round.

Most of my bags have a lined pocket that I use, but one bag doesn't so the pouch gets used.

I like the idea, but it seems like it'd be a lot easier for your valuables to get lost/stolen due to the pouch getting torn off or unattached something, then if you just kep them in a pocket in your bag.

I keep my valuables pouch in my bag, not clipped on for this very reason. Just an added layer of protection from other objects, and I never have to worry about the items falling into that spot in the bag where things go to never be found again. :D

I use my Morgan CUp valuables pouch. It holds my ball markers and a few other odds and ends

I keep my valuables pouch in my bag, not clipped on for this very reason. Just an added layer of protection from other objects, and I never have to worry about the items falling into that spot in the bag where things go to never be found again. :D

Ahh, I get ya. That extra layer of protection could be nice, especially if it were waterproof.

The Crown Royal bag looks kinda tacky IMO so I just use lined zipper pocket below the putter well for wallet, cell, keys etc..

Back