The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think solicitation involves discussion of payment.

Eh, if that's true then it would be pretty hard to get yourself out of haha. oh well. sucks for the bowl game.

Eh, if that's true then it would be pretty hard to get yourself out of haha. oh well. sucks for the bowl game.

Psshh like Urban will suspend him.

Psshh like Urban will suspend him.
At least he was willing to pay for services rendered instead of just taking them like some other people

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

At least he was willing to pay for services rendered instead of just taking them like some other people

All joking aside. If I'm about to make millions I'm more likely to pay for it than I am to go home with a bar fly. Too much at risk these days.

All joking aside. If I'm about to make millions I'm more likely to pay for it than I am to go home with a bar fly. Too much at risk these days.
Agree 100%

Looks like Pruitt to Bama. Says that it didn't go over well with some of the players he recruited there, which is normal. I'm sure the same thing happened at Auburn when Muschamp left for Columbia.

http://www.macon.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-georgia/article49199275.html

Hearing the same thing from the Tuscaloosa end. Sounds like from the article that Pruitt wanted to stay and Smart didn't want to retain him...which is why the players were upset.

Hearing the same thing from the Tuscaloosa end. Sounds like from the article that Pruitt wanted to stay and Smart didn't want to retain him...which is why the players were upset.

It's interesting that smart didn't want him. Would love to know why.

It makes some sense. Smart is a defensive guy and wants to run "his" scheme. Doesn't want Pruitt getting credit for his defense.

I would have kept Pruitt, though. A head coach would want to surround himself with the best assistants.

Pruitt has a reputation of being difficult to get along with. There's a reason jimbo let him go to a lateral move, and there's rumors of fisticuffs between him and Richt

It makes some sense. Smart is a defensive guy and wants to run "his" scheme. Doesn't want Pruitt getting credit for his defense.

I would have kept Pruitt, though. A head coach would want to surround himself with the best assistants.

I would think they run a really similar scheme (Saban's scheme), but who knows. I know the Alabama side views Pruitt coming back as a best case scenario for a tailor-made replacement. Maybe it is just coincidence, but I know our DB play hasn't been as good since Pruitt left several years ago.

I would think they run a really similar scheme (Saban's scheme), but who knows. I know the Alabama side views Pruitt coming back as a best case scenario for a tailor-made replacement. Maybe it is just coincidence, but I know our DB play hasn't been as good since Pruitt left several years ago.

Agree with all of that. And Pruitt is 3-0 against Auburn as a DC. So boo that man.

I agree. I think this is an issue where perception means more than substance. One of the knocks on Smart is that he's just been running Saban's defense with Saban really at the helm. Talking point would shift from "Saban's defense" to "Pruitt's defense." I suspect that's the issue -- not that I agree with it.

and Washington has been suspended for the game vs the Irish

Yep, pretty surprising to me.

It's certainly weird. Because I'd say driving drunk is way worse than trying to pay for a little somethin somethin. But whatever. the NCAA* and college football in general is so inconsistent it hurts.

*I don't believe this is an NCAA ruling at all, just making a statement.

It's certainly weird. Because I'd say driving drunk is way worse than trying to pay for a little somethin somethin. But whatever. the NCAA* and college football in general is so inconsistent it hurts.

*I don't believe this is an NCAA ruling at all, just making a statement.
Interesting because it was a misdemeanor offense, though given that Washington is a senio,r loss of a summer scholarship wasn't going to have any affect. At least he'll get to play in the Senior Bowl :alien:.

I hope he does. I love that Stoops wasn't an asshole like TT was with Mayfield.

I won't be shocked if he stays though.
I agree. I think it's a crap move to not let these kids move on. Their window to play is so small, it seems the fair/right/gentlemanly thing to allow them move on.

I wish Trevor the best, as he gave us a great highlight in the 2014 Sugar Bowl. That'll be remembered for a long time by Sooner fans.

Greg Schiano going to the Buckeyes

Greg Schiano is expected to accept associate head coach/defensive coordinator job at Ohio State. (via @AdamSchefter)

Tulsa's OC just turned down Texas for the OC job. LOL!

Tulsa's OC just turned down Texas for the OC job. LOL!
That's hilarious if true.
Greg Schiano going to the Buckeyes

Greg Schiano is expected to accept associate head coach/defensive coordinator job at Ohio State. (via @AdamSchefter)
Yeah I don't know how I feel about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back