New Mizuno JPX ball with dimple-clusters.....thoughts?

Kjartan

Reaction score
Handicap
As golfball evolution is pretty slow progress and most of uss would not find a diffrence between playing with first gen pro v1 and the newest one, Mizuno has tried to shake up the market with something new. They have made the ball with dimple-clusters around the bigger dimples.

What is your thought on this, somthing worth trying or just another sales gimmic?

vdNZF0Kh.jpg

Anything is worth trying. They are not part of the golf ball market in North America, so nothing I will be trying anytime soon, so I look forward to your feedback.

Interesting looking to say the least. Can't wait to hear more about these.

Interesting design, let us know how they play.

Curious to see what kind of cover they go with this and which type of player they want to target.

I have always wondered how much dimple design can actually affect the flight. Keep us in the loop

Interested in what you see with these.

I'm interested in their purpose, they look like they would cause air drag. Are they long?

They look pretty interesting, can't wait to see if u like them.

Neat. Those extra dimples will create more turbulence. Will be interesting to hear if it is enough turbulence to make a difference!

I'd give it a try, and inevitably loose it by the third hole.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if they are the USGA approved list?

Doesn't look like the clusters are consistant. Really curious on what this ball can do on the course. Curious minds want to know.

I wonder if they are the USGA approved list?

Went to the USGA conforming list and found this entry:

Mizuno Corporation
JPX
star.gif
Mizuno with logo white

Not interested at $61 on Amazon. Honestly I don't think there's enough difference between golf balls at each price point to think any one ball is going to make any difference in what I score,

Not interested at $61 on Amazon. Honestly I don't think there's enough difference between golf balls at each price point to think any one ball is going to make any difference in what I score,
Wow no way would I pay that.

That's an interesting pattern for sure.

It would be fun to try out. Let us know how they play because they don't sell them in Canada.

I wonder if it's because it's a Japanese model. Must be testing it out there.

I wonder if it's because it's a Japanese model. Must be testing it out there.

Mizuno golf balls don't tend to make their way over to the US. That is what the high price is about

We won't be seeing them stateside unless you want to pay a pretty penny I'd venture.

Back