Worst Golf Gifts - What Not To Buy A Golfer

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So this thread will act as an educational assistance to those searching for golf gifts for someone for the holidays. What are some things that you have either received or would not want to receive as a gift?

COOL-Toilet-Bathroom-Mini-Golf-Mat-Set-Game-Potty-Putter-HOT-SALE-22060.jpg

Any swing training aid products. Clubs that bend,things you have to put on your head and weighted swinging thingys.

Warrior clubs with my name engraved
Blue golf balls
A score counting device
"Golf University" T shirt or hoodie
... A gift card is perfectly acceptable, just stick with that to be safe

The golf beer tap that sits in the bag. Twice my family has bought this for me.

Golf balls that look like sports balls

Golf bag umbrella

A dozen DT Solo

The cheap plastic multi tool that comes with the score counter, divot tool, ball marker & club brush.

Have to go with score counting apparatus. Or the dozen of Top Flight balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Aunt knows I usually ask for golf stuff. Last two holidays I told her the dollar goes further online and therefore just make a donation to my paypal account. So she hooks me up with some funds.

As for bad gifts. The cheapest dozen of balls from Walmart

The "Bag o Balls" thst have like 50 cheap balls thst come in a potato sack looking type of bag.

If you Re buying for a serious golfer any balls are a bad idea, unless you know what they play.

For your average golfer balls are an awesome gift.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Good question. If it's in the bargain bin at the golf shop and it's not clothes it's probably a bad gift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I got a mini golf pool table on year. Awful, just awful.

This thread is so needed. I am sure almost all of us has got these things over the years.

Cheap balls, score counters and training aids such these:
k2-_7934825c-f493-47fc-9c15-2cc2284cf9ac.v1.jpg-d6ced75c51088e2e9769e8f23237d9a3d57f311a-optim-450x450.jpg

Anything non-clothing golf items sold at a store that does not carry any sporting goods.

Golf is so individual, I would say anything Golf bought by a non-golfer is a bad idea. If you get a gift from a golfing buddy, they should kinda know what to get you.

Gift card, round of golf or golf lesson should be what anyone buys a golfer, bar none.

The "Bag o Balls" thst have like 50 cheap balls that come in a potato sack looking type of bag.

I have enough scuffed balls that I'd rather chip with in the back yard than those things

A score counter
ca6ed862ed535323064ed74418d9cc0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scorekeepers
Cheap balls
Anti slice tees

index_03_03.png

Back