The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The woman whom drove her car into the crowds of pedestrians on the a Vegas strip with a 3 year old girl in the car. I hope they throw the book at her.

I was thinking about that all night yesterday. Told my wife about it and she was so heartbroken by the news. We were just there 5 hours before it happened walking on that sidewalk. I can't imagine the fear and pain those people went through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And some. I also expect her to be reminded that each one of those people was once like her kid. Not for the compassion but for the guilt.

The woman whom drove her car into the crowds of pedestrians on the a Vegas strip with a 3 year old girl in the car. I hope they throw the book at her.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My rant is families who no show to practices without saying their kid is going to miss or who can't show up on time get their kid on time when practice is over.

It's all about them Frank......why don't you know this yet?

It's all about them Frank......why don't you know this yet?
I shouldn't let it get to me but it does. So flipping arrogant and inconsiderate.

I shouldn't let it get to me but it does. So flipping arrogant and inconsiderate.

Well, you saw my rant when I had 3 out of 10 kids show up to a game a few weeks ago, 2 of them gave me the word they weren't coming 30 minutes before the game and 2 others just failed to let me know at all. Live and learn.

My rant is families who no show to practices without saying their kid is going to miss or who can't show up on time to get their kid when practice is over.
My favorite when I used to coach was parents who took their kids on vacation during the season and then expected them to automatically start, get most of the playing time when they came back.

It wasn't any better at the high school level either. We had parents complain to the Athletic Director when their kid didn't get a ton of playing time the first game after taking a week off at Thanksgiving.

My favorite when I used to coach was parents who took their kids on vacation during the season and then expected them to automatically start, get most of the playing time when they came back.

It wasn't any better at the high school level either. We had parents complain to the Athletic Director when their kid didn't get a ton of playing time the first game after taking a week off at Thanksgiving.

My wife runs into that all of the time. She had a player who walked up to her after a playoff game and say she wouldn't be at the next two practices because she had a crossfit competition, then was mad about her playing time.

My wife runs into that all of the time. She had a player who walked up to her after a playoff game and say she wouldn't be at the next two practices because she had a crossfit competition, then was mad about her playing time.
You all in bro? Do you even vegan??

I love cross fitters.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You all in bro? Do you even vegan??

I love cross fitters.

I have no problem with Crossfit, but no way does an individual fitness competition over ride a school team sport, especially not until the playoffs.

And the fact that she never brought it up until after they won the playoff game says she had no plan on winning. It was awful dude. You would have been tempted to punch her in the gut.

We always set the expectations at the beginning of the year. If we are at practice, your teammates are at practice, then you are at practice unless there were extenuating circumstances.

It still was a surprise every time when they lost playing time because of vacation.

I don't have a problem with crossfit either but they remind me of potheads.

No matter what you're talking about somehow it gets brought up they do it and then you see the fifty stickers on their car.

ab3wcz.jpg

I have no problem with Crossfit, but no way does an individual fitness competition over ride a school team sport, especially not until the playoffs.

And the fact that she never brought it up until after they won the playoff game says she had no plan on winning. It was awful dude. You would have been tempted to punch her in the gut.

Given the rate of injury, it's nuts to train for something like that in season. The high school athletes that train at the gym I go to have very different in and out of season programs.

Our boss/owner decided to give all of her employees self help books for Christmas this year....even though revenues are up about 50%. Here is mine.
I think she was just cleaning out all the books on her shelf.....

ReadingListMoveYourBus_0.jpg

I do have MAJOR issues with cross fit. The majority of stuff I see my cross fit friends post (videos of themselves and cross fit partners) show them using absolutely horrible form doing things I had strength and conditioning coaches in college (football) coach out of us. It seems it's more about "how exhausted can I make myself" versus "am I doing it right to maximize the results".

Cross fit makes me cringe.

The Official Rant of the Day

Our boss/owner decided to give all of her employees self help books for Christmas this year....even though revenues are up about 50%. Here is mine.

Well, crap bonus is better than no bonus... right?

A few years ago my wife got a pen. A PEN. Not even a nice Cross pen or anything like that. The whole staff got pens.

I do have MAJOR issues with cross fit. The majority of stuff I see my cross fit friends post (videos of themselves and cross fit partners) show them using absolutely horrible form doing things I had strength and conditioning coaches in college (football) coach out of us. It seems it's more about "how exhausted can I make myself" versus "am I doing it right to maximize the results".

Agreed 100%. It can be very solid, but it requires good coaching and someone watching your form, and most of these classes don't provide that. My brother does it 3 times a week, but it is him and one other baseball player, so they have their instructor watching their every move, and he has told me he is quick to tell them to slow down or stop if their form starts to get compromised.

Better than a jump to conclusions mat?

I just had to tell a good guy 4 days before Christmas that I'm not going to hire him. I feel like a real bum right now.

That definitely depends on the quality of the coaching staff. A good CrossFit place will keep the fngs at a lower weight performing perfect form sets before they let them loose against a timer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Can't turn my head to the right, worst kink in my neck. Sounds minor but hurts like a b#@!$

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

I guess its my fault but forgetting to put sunblock and a hat one yesterday while i was shoveling shingle of the trailer. My head and face got quite burnt and hot. I normally always do it but was in a hurry to get back and get more shingle before the place closed for the holidays.

Why do we schedule things that are supposed to only take 1 day. We needed to replace a set of exterior doors on the building we've been working on for 5 years. It was scheduled for today. Once again stuff showed up that was to big, wrong pieces, and they guys made some mistakes that cost us time. We are 12.5 hours into this endeavor. I told the guys to make the doors secure and come back tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back